Popcorn89

Turning an AEG into an aeg blowback

I have a dboys spr that took a massive crap on me and I want to completely replace the gearbox. I like my friends ebb ak and thought I might buyaan ebb m4 reciever and an ebb gearbox and do all the propper mods to get it to take an M140 spring and reach 200ft. I'm not asking which parts to get because questions on building dmr's have been asked and asked and I'm not afraid to use the search bar for that. My question is if turning my spr into an ebb just by simply getting a ebb recciever and gearbox is as easy as I believe it is, or if it would be easier just to buy a regular reciever and reinforced gearbox. I'm going to mod it to he semi only as well.

Edited by Popcorn89

I'm just going to say now, don't use an EBB as a DMR. The strong spring already puts enough stress on the GB, yo you really want blowback, get a G&G pneumatic GB and use that, no extra stress. If you want an amazing DMR you don't really want blowback as anything can take away from performance and when you want your bbs to shoot +-5 FPS or less, it can become a huge issue.

TLDR; Go with a regular gearbox and reciever.

Guest alberty

I recommend you don't go for electric blowback for a DMR project. Having that kind of feature just adds extra parts to deal with when doing all the internal work. Regarding the possibility of it, you may be able to find a matching gearbox shell and receivers for electric blowback, although I have no idea what the maker would be, but you'd likely be needing to build an entire gearbox just for that.

I'd suggest just going for a new gearbox build instead. What happened to your receivers? You mentioned getting new ones if you went for a new regular gearbox?

What happened to your receivers? You mentioned getting new ones if you went for a new regular gearbox?

I was painting the furniture tan and the can on the paint I was using suddenly started squirting rather then spraying (brand new can too) so the reciever is covered in specs and spots of tan. It seems that ebb would be a bad idea so I'll just stick with a regular gearbox. Maybe I'll find one with the army ranger logo on it.

I was painting the furniture tan and the can on the paint I was using suddenly started squirting rather then spraying (brand new can too) so the reciever is covered in specs and spots of tan. It seems that ebb would be a bad idea so I'll just stick with a regular gearbox. Maybe I'll find one with the army ranger logo on it.

Why not just sand down the spots of paint / use paint thinner? Seems better than spending the money on a new receiver..

Why not just sand down the spots of paint / use paint thinner? Seems better than spending the money on a new receiver..

I thought about that. I was afraid paint thinner would take off ALL the paint and not just the paint I want off. The can squirted the paint everywhere, on the serial number, selector switch, everything. Plus I thought it might be cool to have a reciever with a littke bit more quality and detail in it.