Sign in to follow this  
Nathan_Weide

Event in Skagit Valley

So I plan on hosting an event this summer at my Saw Mill. I was wondering about how many people would I expect to show up for this event. The field is 125 acres and is mostly wooded with about 5 acres that is used to store junk and a run down saw mill. I have a scenario in mind and it would be BDUs vs. Non-BDU for the uniform to make it easy to identify friend from foe. There will be locations that each team must capture to give their team points to win a game and points used for money. The money will be for the Command leader, there will be one for each team, to spend on items at the merchant shop. There will be a variety of different things available for purchase, one thing I had in mind was medics. When purchased there would be give tape for the medics to revive downed players. Only 10 players are allowed to be the medics and are decided upon the Command leaders. Also to note that each capture point will give different amounts of points and some will give more money than career points (used to win the game). This is just some of the stuff I plan to have in my event. So is anyone interested into coming?

So I plan on hosting an event this summer at my Saw Mill. I was wondering about how many people would I expect to show up for this event. The field is 125 acres and is mostly wooded with about 5 acres that is used to store junk and a run down saw mill. I have a scenario in mind and it would be BDUs vs. Non-BDU for the uniform to make it easy to identify friend from foe. There will be locations that each team must capture to give their team points to win a game and points used for money. The money will be for the Command leader, there will be one for each team, to spend on items at the merchant shop. There will be a variety of different things available for purchase, one thing I had in mind was medics. When purchased there would be give tape for the medics to revive downed players. Only 10 players are allowed to be the medics and are decided upon the Command leaders. Also to note that each capture point will give different amounts of points and some will give more money than career points (used to win the game). This is just some of the stuff I plan to have in my event. So is anyone interested into coming?

How many days? Sponsored?

Edited by Poronico

Not sure I'd be in for a BDU/NonBDU face-off, since camo is such an integral part of successful missions in a large field in this area, but I have myself, and at least 3 high school age teens who might be up for it, from Bellingham. Probably a bunch of their friends would jump at it, too. I know pretty much where you mean, too...drive past there on our way to the Skagit 3D archery field a couple times a year, for their competitions.

Oh, thanks for your input. The reason I was thinking BDU vs non-BDU was so that it made it easy for people to know who is friendly and who is not. If anyone wants to see the field I am hosting a skirmish the 9th of March, I am trying to use more of the area but the problem I have is that a lot of the places is covered with brush and sticker bushes.