Sign in to follow this  
Navy-Kid

What are you putting in all of those pouches?

I have been airsofting for a while now (4 years), and I continue to expand my gear collection. One thing I have always been curious about is, what does everyone fill all of those extra pouches, backpacks, etc. with?

I would love to get one of those assault backpacks with the hydration bladder inside, but I'm not entirely sure what to put in them. And whenever I see people with them, they are full! Also, what kind of gear can I add to my loadout to make it more realistic? I'm talking about the small things, like first aid kits, scissors, chem lights, zip ties, etc.

Kitlist:

Condor PC

Double M4 Mag Pouch (x2)

Hydration Carrier

Drop pouch

Misc. Pouch

"Tactical" belt

Knee pads

Bates Sage Green Boots

I wasn't sure what section to post this in, mods please feel free to move if neccesary.

Extra BBs, batteries, socks (for when I step in water), jackets, gloves, CO2, under shirts, snacks, drinks, things like that. Basically everything your gun needs to work best and everything YOU need to work best. I usually carry an extra warm weather/cold weather clothes set in my backpack. If it starts out cold but I get sweaty I can switch to lighter clothes, or vice versa.

My current loadout is a light tactical MOLLE vest with 3 double TACO modular mag pouches, a large dump pouch and a utility pouch for my flash light. I don't put any more pouches on my vest than I need, and I never wear a backpack on the field. I probably would bring more if I was playing in a large Op that lasted a whole day or something. Even then I would only bring the absolute necessities, I never bring anything redundant with me on the field. This goes for my guns too, you won't find any redundant accessory on any of my guns, I like to keep things neat and efficient hehe.

Edited by Lefse

Bring whatever you need. I prefer keeping my loaders/bbs/batteries up front or in my cargo pockets etc so I can get them quickly and easily when I need it but I'll put my thunder Bs, spare mags when loaders are not allowed out of spawn sort of deal, and bbs for the SAW on my back.

However it should be known that there are certainly players out there who bring way more stuff than they need whether unintentionally or to look "cool".

Carrying some TQs, gauze, tape, quick clot, gloves, shears, disinfectant, etc like that is a good idea when playing out in large AOs with hazards like nails, sharp rocks etc. It's also great to know how to use such gear but if nothing else, maybe someone else knows how to use it and could put medical gear to use.

Well lets start with my vest. 12 M4 mags for my team (I'm a SAW gunner and only use my Cmag in my MG36) A M249 pouch for my Cmag, a dumb pouch for extra G36 mags (If I carry them instead of the 12 M4 mags) a UMP pouch (need more UMP mags) My UMP strapped to my back and a Hydration bladder. In my backpack I carry ~20k BB's, extra clothes, Some p[arts for my MG36 incase it goes down on the field or something breaks and I need to swap ou a certain part really quickly, some batteries, Socks, underware, food.A water bottle and one G36 Hi cap mag and a red shirt that I can use as a dead rag (mainly use it for cleaning my blades) The reason why my backpack is the way it is is because its my GTFO or Bug out bag. I carry it everywhere :P So thats why I have my load out the way it is. Extra mags for the team, and enough ammo to last me all day.

I'm sure I missed some pouches but everything else probably doesn't matter or won't make much of a difference in game. :P

I don't have that many pouches, not that many needs. For what I do carry, here is what I carry with my BDU.

Front pocket on shirt: Radio, and kill rag.

Right Pants Pocket: Winding Key

Cargo Pockets: Map of the field and a spare battery.

Holster: Pistol and two mags (one in the gun, one in the pouch)

I like to keep it light, it prevents fatigue and hastens movement.

My older loadout used a Condor Carrier Vest like this one:

comrig_mpt.jpg

I stored mags, speedloaders, bag of BB's, CO2 cartridges, a backup pistol (in case my GBB failed or I ran out of spare cartridges), spare AEG battery, and had a custom turn-key on a lanyard for screwing in my CO2 mag's cartridges.

Nowadays I use surplus OD belt-pouches when I'm sporting my OD getup. I normally just carry CO2, speedloaders, and a spare mag.

My older loadout used a Condor Carrier Vest like this one:

comrig_mpt.jpg

I stored mags, speedloaders, bag of BB's, CO2 cartridges, a backup pistol (in case my GBB failed or I ran out of spare cartridges), spare AEG battery, and had a custom turn-key on a lanyard for screwing in my CO2 mag's cartridges.

I have that same one but in black. Holds everything that I'd need on the field. Wicked bit of gear :a-thumbsup:

When I first got into gear, I had a Plate Carrier that I just LOADED with magazines and hydration. It generally carried 10 metal STANAG magazines, plus 2 40mm M203 rounds, 2 Glock Magazines, a 2L water bladder, and miscellaneous small items (Zip ties, pen, chem lights, maps, flashlight, etc etc). I actually broke the vest itself twice under the weight of everything because it wasn't a well made vest. (I bought it used for cheap so I got my monies worth)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/fcm...ft/P2100002.jpg

Now, I've moved on to a lighter more mobile platform. I use a Pantac FJPC (I think that's the right designation. JPC without the side webbing), which carries (depending on the day) 3 Primary weapon magazines, 2 Pistol magazines (Now reconfigured to 5 Primary for M4, or 3 for P90), and a Pantac battle belt which carries my Sidearm and my other spare magazines depending on my Primary. (M4: 2 Primary, 0-2 Pistol magazines, dump pouch and pistol) (P90: 2-4 Pistol magazines, Pistol and Dump Pouch) (Bolt Action Sniper Rifle: 4 Pistol magazines, Pistol and small dump pouch)

I just reconfigured the setup today for my new M203 launcher, so now the vest carries 5 Primary magazines, and the belt carries 2 M203 rounds, 2 Pistol magazines, the Pistol and the dump pouch.

Hydration is in a separate small bladder with shoulder straps.

This is a picture of the Carrier with 3 primary and 2 sidearm, and the best with 2 primary, 2 sidearm, the sidearm itself, and a dump pouch. Setup is for my M4.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/fcm...ft/P4080009.jpg

Even at Milsim games, the only items I've ever carried in a spare pack are snacks/food and extra hydration, and sometimes (rarely) a bit of ammo. I carry all of the ammo I need for games into a field in my magazines, and I normally carry out way more than I plan on using. (I rarely use 3 midcaps in a game, I carry 6).

I like to (currently) keep my load outs lighter if possible to make maneuvering easier and help keep down fatigue while keeping up my mobility. I'm normally one of the fastest people on the field, even when I load up on tons of extra gear. For this reason, I use a plate carrier without side webbing (keeps things out of the way of my arms), and a battle belt to hold the weight on my hips while sprinting. I hate attaching anything to myself on drop leg platforms, because no matter how I secure them they move around when maneuvering, and they normally make my legs feel constricted at a run.

This is a great topic,I am typically known as a Gear Professional o my team. And there is nothing wrong with that. Just make sure everything you have has a use for you.

I am currently running a Condor MOPC Plate Carrier in A-TACS, with a triple pistol mag pouch, a Condor M4 4 mad double stacker mag pouch, a EMT kit, Hydration pouch with bladder, a utility pouch, and a dump pouch. not to mention my Tactical Research boots, Oakley gloves, Revision goggles, and holster set ups. Even with all that I sometimes carry a 3 day pack to keep food, tools, ammo, clothes. Or any umber of stuff I may need especially if I am going to be running a multi day OP

I have been in many arguments with my Team member the is a "Gucci" Gear Professional (only buys real steel) as to why I have so much but I refuse to spend the money on real steal. All I can tell him is I buy alot of my gear at AirSplat because I can get more of it. And thats why I have more gear than you.

So whos the real gear Professional?

hahaha

Cant wait to hear more peoples rigs. They can get pretty insane.

You guys carry too much. I have a plain OD MOLLE vest with a double mag pouch set for two G36 mags, a hydration bladder for when it's hot out, an old canteen that connects via ALICE clips if I need it, and a drop leg holster with like two pistol mag pouches. Then I carry a flashlight, a Swiss army knife, my normal carry knife, and a BB bottle with about 1500 BBs in my BDUs.

I should start carrying extra clothes though, my ref is always making me crawl through creeks and such :a-laugh:

So whos the real gear Professional?

The guy with the real gear, possibly. Condor has burned me too many times in the past for me to ever recommend it for anything other than simple pouches. Molle that rips off under weight, molle straps that are so wide at the top of a vest that pouches are loose, but so narrow at the bottom of the vest that the straps don't thread through them... broken buckles... poor stitching... ugh. I learned my lesson there.

The guy with the real gear, possibly. Condor has burned me too many times in the past for me to ever recommend it for anything other than simple pouches. Molle that rips off under weight, molle straps that are so wide at the top of a vest that pouches are loose, but so narrow at the bottom of the vest that the straps don't thread through them... broken buckles... poor stitching... ugh. I learned my lesson there.

I just bought a no-brander off of Amazon I think, and amazingly have had no problems, even when I tried out the carry handle while there was a 120 pound kid in it. It held up fine :P

As for buying real steel, I have not and probably never will buy tacticool vests for firearms. I find them unneeded, they make slings for a reason. If you need 5 magazines for your AR-15 because you need to be "prepared", you need to learn how to aim. Even my 9 year old sister can hit a target at 100 yards with an M16 first shot :P

I just bought a no-brander off of Amazon I think, and amazingly have had no problems, even when I tried out the carry handle while there was a 120 pound kid in it. It held up fine :P

As for buying real steel, I have not and probably never will buy tacticool vests for firearms. I find them unneeded, they make slings for a reason. If you need 5 magazines for your AR-15 because you need to be "prepared", you need to learn how to aim. Even my 9 year old sister can hit a target at 100 yards with an M16 first shot :P

How large is the target though. And are they supported? But yes, more than two or three magazines is unneeded. Even that number is quite large.

How large is the target though. And are they supported? But yes, more than two or three magazines is unneeded. Even that number is quite large.

A two foot by one foot target usually, but a lot of times it's body sized targets, being held up with wood beams like at any normal range. I mean, yeah two mags in case all else fails, but generally 30 rounds is going to be more than enough to stop what you are hitting. Even zombies, for these insane people who think otherwise :P

A two foot by one foot target usually, but a lot of times it's body sized targets, being held up with wood beams like at any normal range. I mean, yeah two mags in case all else fails, but generally 30 rounds is going to be more than enough to stop what you are hitting. Even zombies, for these insane people who think otherwise :P

And by M16, I take it you mean an AR-15, correct? Because I don't think the US military is ever going to release those as surplus.

And by M16, I take it you mean an AR-15, correct? Because I don't think the US military is ever going to release those as surplus.

Nope, M16. My father is a deputy so he was given an M16.

I have that same one but in black. Holds everything that I'd need on the field. Wicked bit of gear :a-thumbsup:

Yeah, when my chairsofting days die down I plan to dust off that vest and load her up. It'd make good Doomsday/SHTF gear, that's for certain.

That's interesting. Pretty nice to be able to have that around though, isn't it?

Yeah, except it's so old the thing had to have replacements about ten times :P

Good point. Does it still have the full auto selection on the fire selector?

Yeah, they put in a pin to keep you from selecting it though. But apparently you can take it out you clean the rifle.

I think you're kind of going about this in the wrong way. You're looking to carry things you NEED on you, not simply want for accessories. The best thing to do is decide where you're playing and what you need to accomplish your goals. The first priority I tell everyone is to have a source of hydration whether bladder or the ability to carry a canteen or a few bottles. Next up would be a way to carry magazines or additional ammo.

When you think of having a backpack it's not filling it up with unnecessary weight because the heavy it is the more restrictive it can be and the more wear and tear on you. Cutting out as much weight as possible is ideal, at least for me unless you want to lug around an abundance of gear, if so by all means do so.

Here's my PC kitlist:

img20130122122207.jpg

img20130122122239.jpg

img20130122122247.jpg

Pantac 6094A

LBT Small Admin

LBT Triple Kangaroo

Blue Force 10 speed

OPS Assault Bag (Modified small)

Sord rip away medic bag

Custom Double Banger Pouch

HSGI Small Util Pouch

What I carry:

X6 magazines

X2 Thunder B's

3L Hydro Bladder

Allen Wrench for Co2 Mags

Multi Tool

Rescue Harness Knife

Full IFAK + additional airsoft related necessities

Puxing 777 Radio + PTT

Roll of electric tape

For outdoor play I will carry:

Nylon Stretcher

Additional Co2

Additional Ammo

Additional Thunder B Cores

In my opinion airsofts who want to have a solid loadout should carry a small medical kit, containing enough basic supplies to treat scraps, cuts and poison ivy, etc... In terms of realism - just carry what your mission dictates, if you don't need it then it's extra weight. Carry a multi tool and some tape in case something happens to your weapon or a friend's.

I have been airsofting for a while now (4 years), and I continue to expand my gear collection. One thing I have always been curious about is, what does everyone fill all of those extra pouches, backpacks, etc. with?

I would love to get one of those assault backpacks with the hydration bladder inside, but I'm not entirely sure what to put in them. And whenever I see people with them, they are full! Also, what kind of gear can I add to my loadout to make it more realistic? I'm talking about the small things, like first aid kits, scissors, chem lights, zip ties, etc.

Kitlist:

Condor PC

Double M4 Mag Pouch (x2)

Hydration Carrier

Drop pouch

Misc. Pouch

"Tactical" belt

Knee pads

Bates Sage Green Boots

I wasn't sure what section to post this in, mods please feel free to move if neccesary.

I try to make my PC kit as stream lined as possible, but I still carry a lot of stuff.

1x Triple single mag pouch

-3 M4 Mags

1x Smoke grenade pouch

-1 THunder B

1x Double Dual mag Pouch

-4 M4 Mags

1x Small accessories Pouch

- allen wrenches, grenade pins, scope lens caps, other small parts.

1x MAP

-Hydration bladder, another 4-8 mags, 2x batteries, first aid kit, snacks.

dscn2599k.jpg

dscn2603c.jpg

dscn2609a.jpg

I try to carry exactly what I need, and nothing else. Absolutely no superfluous items.