airsoftgirl

Airsoft-playing Girls?

Which gender are you  

1,268 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of girls playing airsoft?

• There should be more
    • Leave it to the men
    • I don't care

some people said that they thought it was pretty cool that I play airsoft in my introductory topic. so I wanna see what the rest of you guys think.

EDIT

I messed up with the poll question, just ignore the top one. :rolleyes:

Edited by airsoftgirl

I'd say we definitely need more girls in the sport, as long as they are the type of girl that doesn't freak out at the sight of blood or scream when they see a bug or something. Most girls I know seem not to care either way about airsoft, but there are one or two who think it's cool and have played with us on occasion.

Anyway, like I said, I'm all for more girls airsofting, as long as they don't hinder their teammates or anything like that (I would say that for both sexes... there are plenty of guys who are scared of getting shot).

I'd say we definitely need more girls in the sport, as long as they are the type of girl that doesn't freak out at the sight of blood or scream when they see a bug or something. Most girls I know seem not to care either way about airsoft, but there are one or two who think it's cool and have played with us on occasion.

Anyway, like I said, I'm all for more girls airsofting, as long as they don't hinder their teammates or anything like that (I would say that for both sexes... there are plenty of guys who are scared of getting shot).

that.

I also am all for girls playing airsoft. On my last large team our best sharpshooter was a girl. She had taste too, Custom UN Company Gas Powered M14, saved for months to pay for it. Man was she a good shot too. Anyway, I love seeing girls playing the sport since I know so many people who think Airsoft/Paintball is Gender Specific.

So far everyone is all for girls playing airsoft YEA WELLL!!!!..uhh who im I kidding im all for it too :a-grin: After all we need all kind of ppl to play girl or boy. As long as they don't act selfish and scream over a little bug or something stupid like that. But yea id like to see more girls play.

I honestly don't care if girls play. It is pretty cool that some do though. My friend's mom airsofts with us sometimes and she's actually pretty good. LMAO :) :a-salute:

At least you can probably beat her. My mother has weapons training, and, yeah, she owns me. :P

There was some kind of study in the mid 90s among law enforcement officers that found female officers to be more accurate shots compared to their male counterparts something like 75% of the time.

When my best friend was at his academy training, there was a woman in his class who could hit a group of 5 shots in a quarter at (I think this is right) 75 yards (indoor). I'll check on the numbers.

Steadier hands?

My fiancee owns blackpowder rifles and did civil war reenactments as a teenager. Not exactly typical. :) She's been really supportive of my habit, and is looking at getting a cheaper MP5 (UTG?) to start playing with.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:

Different sexes makes the game equal

It provides diversity

Women think differently than men

Cons:

Can lead to distractions (losers who try to show off or be cool around women, you know who you are Agent Hunk)

Girls not following the rules can endanger themselves or others (seen it in paintball where a girl just took her mask off because she was freaking out)

I don't see girls having the same kill instinct as men

Overall, I don't find women arisofters attractive. I do not, however, mind if they play. I would rather not have one on my team, but all's fair in love and war.

don't matter to me . . . as long as I can shoot ya Im ok.

I think there should be more! nothing like a hot chick with a gun (or replica)

but yeah, sports like this are kinda gender specific

Off topic -- Mokoto, gotta love Battle Royale. I find myself reading it at work, surrounded by Japanese junior high school students. Is that bad?

I dunno.. girls in their late teens would be okay. younger, and they're usually dimwitted :bleh:

lol

At least you can probably beat her. My mother has weapons training, and, yeah, she owns me. :P

lmao

anyways I think its cool. Does anyone else find the idea of girls playing with guns attractive?

Off topic -- Mokoto, gotta love Battle Royale. I find myself reading it at work, surrounded by Japanese junior high school students. Is that bad?

So that's how it works! My crazy junior high math teacher thought that the japanese had the best school system because the students had to figure it out themselves. I see why. :a-laugh: Do the teachers in Japan even have to teach math? Here we use the method where the teacher scribbles on the board and nobody understands anything then there is a test and it's a real crapshoot but it works for me and if I get into a good college that's all I need.

Ummm . . . back on topic.

Airsoft-playing girls? Hmm. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't really matter to me. If she is actually interested then it makes no difference to me. It might be more interesting- especially because it would significantly increase the number of people I currently have to play with- by more than 50%.

Guest CaptainPlastic

All I see is BDUs and full face masks. Gender is unimportant and shouldent be a consideration in a skirmish.

:a-salute:

Does anyone else find the idea of girls playing with guns attractive?

I find that very attractive. I also find that saying so has the potential to get me shot. Not to mention shince I'm older than most people I play with I have to kinda watch it with stuff like that.

I'm all for more girls playing if its what they want to do. I don't think that they should play to fit in or to be dragged along by someone else, but if they are genuinely interested then thats great.

I personally hate sexism and generalisation. I'm a guy, but one time I get really pissed off is when people are sexist. I like to treat girls as women, and women as equals. It would make the field a more interesting place without changing the game.

The way I see it, girls are at the extremes of our sport. Back in the days of spring pistol plinking, one of the best and most reliable players on my team along with MrFigo was a girl. Some of her friends played, and some were extremely cool and gung-ho about it, and others just plain didn't want to be there.

I used to know a guy who played field hockey with the girls in official tournaments. They made him wear a skirt like the rest of the girls so he could play. We used to think of him as such a :pain:. He just brushed it off though. Perhaps girls in airsoft feel a similar way. Playing with $1000 replicas of guns with a bunch of sweaty men is just not normal girls behavior, lets face it. Regardless, they still play, and infact one of the other teams here in Romania land has a girl and she's pretty good I hear. Surprising since theres only 50-60 players in the country, only 7 of which at most who own AEGs at the moment.

Where I play there are about 3 girls who play and they always call out but 2 of them don't really want to be there they are dragged there by their boy friends and the one is a wife of a player and she loves it has a p90 thats all custom and stuff. I mean I don't really care but yeah its just another tango. or team member

I wish my girlfriend played... but no *sigh*, she just says that I'm weird, I think it's mostly the pain thing, she had some bad experiences prior to our relationship (involving airsoft that is). I don't understand why she puts so much stock in the slight pain though, I guess its the difference in motivation. We (guys) have grown up w/ this kinda stuff, nerf guns, fake pistols, G.I. Joe, so I think we're naturally more inclined to enjoy the sport, and in turn are willing to accept the pain for the game. For some girls (not all obviously) they're not naturally inclined to play, and that sceptisism coupled with the pain, can serve as a mighty deterrent.

Oh and... is this thread dead?

Edited by nada987

I guess its the difference in motivation. We (guys) have grown up w/ this kinda stuff, nerf guns, fake pistols, G.I. Joe, so I think we're naturally more inclined to enjoy the sport, and in turn are willing to accept the pain for the game.

haha, funny you mentioned that. I played with G.I. Joes and fake guns before airsoft :a-laugh:

Edited by airsoftgirl

Guest madcatjoe

oh yeah

more, more. can never have enough women in anything

but seriously... why not? women are just as good as men in almost anything, and better in some things. women tend to have (from my knowledge)

less upper body strength

less mental endurance ( to blood, bugs, etc)

more dexterity

better eyesight

thats my 2 cents

-Joe

My wife plays airsoft.

Not because I make her- she actually wants to play. She didn't at first, but she decided to try it. Then she got hooked and made me buy her her own AEG.

Now she has a complete setup and wants some new bdu's for CQB and a sniper rifle... Looks like I may not be using my M700 much this summer if she likes it...

It is nice, but I do refuse to play against her. Sorry, I just can't shoot at my wife. Just something wrong with that.

Pretty cool though- when we play our callsigns are "Destro" and "Baroness".

:-)

~K

Guest CaptainPlastic
less upper body strength

less mental endurance ( to blood, bugs, etc)

more dexterity

better eyesight

Less mental endurance to blood? Do the words 'once a month' mean anything to you?

As long as they aren't the girls that just advertise themselves with guns, like in paintball, I'm ok. That's why the femme fatale paintball team is really cool, it's all girls! Yay!

lol but girls+guns=hottt

especially when that girl is on your team giving you cover :)

haha jk, but on the same since its awesome that girls play and their definately should be more

Less mental endurance to blood? Do the words 'once a month' mean anything to you?

lol

bout sexism. It's proven though, Girls cant take as much yelling/hurt/outdoorsyness as guys. But what guy in his sane mind would put a female friend through all that? Im all for it though, sorry for bad grammer.

There really is no reason why girls shouldn't participate in the sport of airsoft. Assuming they enjoy it and follow all of the safety requirements, I would love to see more female participation.