to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Guest airsoftgirl

Airsoft-playing Girls?

Which gender are you  

1,268 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of girls playing airsoft?

• There should be more
    • Leave it to the men
    • I don't care

Pros and Cons:

Pros:

Different sexes makes the game equal

It provides diversity

Women think differently than men

Cons:

Can lead to distractions (losers who try to show off or be cool around women, you know who you are Agent Hunk)

Girls not following the rules can endanger themselves or others (seen it in paintball where a girl just took her mask off because she was freaking out)

I don't see girls having the same kill instinct as men

Overall, I don't find women arisofters attractive. I do not, however, mind if they play. I would rather not have one on my team, but all's fair in love and war.

I would most have to disagree.

I play with a female airsofter occasionally. May I add attractive too. But when shes all in the game its like she turns into a killing machine. As for being distracted you wouldn't notice with all the gear, balaclava and goggles on.

Guest shawnzr2

When I find a hot girl that likes airsoft, mixed martial arts, and sex... I will be in heaven.

LOL :a-cheesy:

Guest assault_team_rules
When I find a hot girl that likes airsoft, mixed martial arts, and sex... I will be in heaven.

LOL :a-cheesy:

amen to that :a-grin:

There was some kind of study in the mid 90s among law enforcement officers that found female officers to be more accurate shots compared to their male counterparts something like 75% of the time.

When my best friend was at his academy training, there was a woman in his class who could hit a group of 5 shots in a quarter at (I think this is right) 75 yards (indoor). I'll check on the numbers.

Steadier hands?

My fiancee owns blackpowder rifles and did civil war reenactments as a teenager. Not exactly typical. :) She's been really supportive of my habit, and is looking at getting a cheaper MP5 (UTG?) to start playing with.

I'd like to see this study you talk about, I've heard differently in my police training classes.

I find the fact that this thread exists offensive.

I mean I know that this is here to exchange views on all things airsoft, but to me, women are equal to us in every way as long as you give them a chance to prove that.

The best way to make female players more comfortable is to not make a big deal about it.

They are players, just like yourselves, and as long as they can abide the same rules and work in the same way the rest of us can theres no problem, I find sexism extremely irritating as it leads to wrong things happening, and the more we get used to the idea that women are just as capable as us at anything we do then the closer we come to a truly fair world.

Girls playing airsoft would be awesome

I know two young women that have AK47s !!!

At first I couldn't see through their face masks so I ignored them but when they took their masks off I was like HALALUYAH!!!

They go airsoft like every week since I've seen them

I think they're actually pretty good... at defending

Should be more...My cousins girlfriend wants to shoot him with a spring pistol every time we start messing around with our guns. And when I was talking about airsoft around my friend she seemed interested in that, so she may play airsoft... (though I probably woulnt play as well as usual...) :a-wink:

Edited by Grayn

I'd say we definitely need more girls in the sport, as long as they are the type of girl that doesn't freak out at the sight of blood or scream when they see a bug or something. Most girls I know seem not to care either way about airsoft, but there are one or two who think it's cool and have played with us on occasion.

Anyway, like I said, I'm all for more girls airsofting, as long as they don't hinder their teammates or anything like that (I would say that for both sexes... there are plenty of guys who are scared of getting shot).

I gotta agree

I gotta agree

''As you can clearly see, this necro post is of the basic design, being that the creater has simply said I agree to a multi-month old topic. There are fossils growing all around this thread yet this young man decided to go back a few pages and bring it back, to which we say-

LOOK OUT A ZOMBIE!

THIS PROVES IT! necro posts are the route of all evil!''

yea im kinda new to airsoft but I think there should be more girls. however it be pretty weird shooting a girl. anyways I convinced my really cool 18year old female cuzin to try airsofting. at first she looked at me if I was nuts...lol. but then after I took her to an airsoft store and showed her a gun I was gonna get she was like "Darn that looks so kool" and then when we got home she took MY cheap mp5 (270fps w/0.20g) and shot herself in the leg while wearing her skin tight jeans.my jaw dropped litterally it was wide opened and my chin touched my toes :a-shocked: . she was like "I definitly will try this." I warned her people have better guns that shoot harder. but she still said "lets go try this out someday".

I like the fact girls/women play now a days,my fiance plays.I just don't like hot chicks playing "I don't wanna get busted looking at other chicks" lol...SWATFAMILY.jpgthis is a pic showing me ,my fiance and her 2 kids with our Airsoft gear..lol

Edited by Ranger420

I think that there should be more girls playing airsoft, as long as they're not Barbies and roll on the ground when they get shot. Although I've been close to doing that on several occasions! :a-blushing:

Splatman

some people said that they thought it was pretty cool that I play airsoft in my introductory topic. so I wanna see what the rest of you guys think.

EDIT

I messed up with the poll question, just ignore the top one. :rolleyes:

that's awesome I have noticed any girls playing airsoft where I live the just sit and do NOTHING :a-thumbsup::a-laugh: .

Guest TriChrome

My girlfriend just said she would like to play sometime....but I don't think she's ever really been in the deep woods (since she lives in Newark, NJ) so who knows if that'll ever happen.

I've seen maybe 3 or 4 girls play near me, and one or two down at Op: Irene IV.

Guest shadow guard

For one, I think that the more airsofting, the better. Also, I really don't care if they play or not, they can be just like the men if they want.

I personally hate sexism and generalisation. I'm a guy, but one time I get really pissed off is when people are sexist. I like to treat girls as women, and women as equals. It would make the field a more interesting place without changing the game.

AMEN to that. :a-famerican:

Guest koolkanman
Girls playing airsoft....I very much doubt it will ever happen, and if it does, they will probably be mauled by all the men.

Not all of them, I've had girls play with me before, and I have painful memorys of playing with them :a-laugh:

Girls playing airsoft....I very much doubt it will ever happen, and if it does, they will probably be mauled by all the men.

War is a mental game, mate. It has been scientifically proven that women are more suited to war than men, except for some certain womanly circumstances that might impair their judgment, eh?

Guest BattlePriest
War is a mental game, mate. It has been scientifically proven that women are more suited to war than men, except for some certain womanly circumstances that might impair their judgment, eh?

Actually.. women are LESS likely to let hormones and pent up emotion cause lapses in judgment.

Well I feel we should try and see if some of them like it then they could get another interesting thing in their life, it's great to have more players in the game and you can get a date easier! ^__^ Hey, It could be true.

Yes enjoying something new is great, just make some other people a little more happy if you ask me.

Guest ruvon

Actually, couple things here....

My wife plays...hard....and she's not some bull-dyke wanna-be man, ugly or otherwise. She doesn't get manhandled by the "bois" in my league cause frankly, my league has some integrity and respect.

I got kinda annoyed by posts like spoon's male pig post.

There's another two or three girls or so in the league, their all pretty hot, and they all stay out as long as their male counterparts.

I think it's a great thing, I think female airsofters bring a new level to the game. And if we can keep the whole "uhhhhh dats a gurl, wad do I do george" attitude from overwhelming them, I hope more will join.

And uh, just to prove men are dawgs in some ways....

I think it's cool cause chicks with gunzors are the sechs!!!!!111oneoneone

(dang, why can't I just act like a normal 34 year old sometimes)

Guest djohnston

There are several ladies who are regular players at my home field. All are considered valued members of the airsoft group. I personally have no problem with women being on the field but I have noticed that I react differently when I know I am sighting in a young lady for a kill. All the training I received growing up that a gentleman should treat a woman a certain way goes against the desire to take out an enemy combatant who happens to be female. Especially if she is nice personally and airsofting for the first time and young enough to be my daughter.

One other complication that women in an airsoft group can cause is if she comes into the group with a boyfriend who is also part of the group and then decides she wants to breakup to date a different team member. Talk about pent up emotions on the battlefield.

Guest deathstroke1

it doesn't matter to me if they play or not. The game is not about women being their it about haveing fun and shooting each other. Some take it more seriously than others. I think if your a family that plays the together that is cool as it gives you more time to spend with each other and a hobby you can all enjoy. But its not for everyone. I know a lot of girls who would like to play but they don't like the pain. They don't like to hurt other people as well where guys understand that pain is a way of life.

Guest Weebly2

Girls should definetly play airsoft.

I mean.. It would change so may things... for example, Imagine a girl sniper on the other team ur supposed to countersnipe. When u look through the scope and see her, u think :a-shocked: Shes hot!! In doing so.. u come out from behind cover... thereby allowing her to shoot u!! :a-grin:

it would be fun :P

I think it's great when a woman/girl wants to play airsoft, it shows that not every woman is "Gun Shy" in fact two women have shown interrest in joining the team I run and I would never turn anyone down unless there's a really good reason to.

Edited by VasilitheSniper