to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
xxslayerxx97

Good winter airsoft jacket?

hello,

winters here and so is the winter ops. And in the winter we try to play hard but keep dry, keep warm but still get the tacticool factor. or atleast I do. so on that note I have have a few questions about winter coats:

What is the best winter jacket that still has velcro and such that I can sill wear under my plate carrier and still have mobility and warmth/Dryness?

thats under $100? and still last long?will I sill be warm if I wear I off the field?

ive been looking at the Condor Summit Zero Lightweight Soft Shell Jacket and it seams pretty good but looks a little thin and more of Fall/spring jacket. so if theres any suggestions, they would be greatly appreiciated.

Side Note: I live in Massachusetts and we just had that roughly big snow storm and we got around a foot of snow(not much butt still effects airsoft play.)

so, any any ideas on good winter coats?

Thanx in advance :a-salute:

BTW any reviews on the Condor summit zero would be good too, thanx :a-grin:

I actually own a Condor Summit myself, not the zero model however, the original soft shell. It is what it says it is, literally a fleece-lined shell, and breaks wind without effort. It is also has at least some resistance to water, as I've been rained on and felt little to no cold on my torso. I wear this every day to school, and it will most definitely keep you warm outside of airsoft. And with Mass. weather, I'd definitely recommend the original summit over the zero.

I love my soft shell, and it's highly recommended by me, a great purchase that I find Tacticool enough for airsoft (and warm) and cool enough to be worn daily elsewhere.

Also have the Summit, also can vouch for its quality. Rumor has it that it's made in the same factories as the TAD Gear jackets, but at a fraction of the cost. I've been rained on HEAVILY in it and it stood up wonderfully. With an under layer or two, I deffo recommend it.

Ranger...do it the Ranger way.

Back in '89-'90, there wasn't a lot of desert issue camo in stock in military supply. What there was was NOT cold-weather issue (and that desert got COLD in January/February...and rained non-stop! A shock to a Georgia boy who'd transplanted to the Pacific Northwest in high school--deserts are supposed to be dry and hot, aren't they?)

Our solution was to take the regular green BDU cold weather jackets and our jacket liners...rip up a bunch of sheets, use spray adhesive to stick the strips of sheets to the outside of the jacket liners, spray the outsides of those sheets, and rub them in the sand and pebbles on the ground, then wear our new "cold weather desert camo" outside our jackets. Worked fine.

Since then, I've taken that basic "makeshift" process a lot further, both for hunting, and for paintball/airsoft, and made permanent shells to be worn over appropriate base clothing for pretty much any environment I hunt or play in. It's cheap, and easy to do.

Works on deer, elk, bear, and teenage boys who have ambitions of "killing" a defenseless old man with plastic BBs.

Eddie Bauer. They have decent performing jackets at 60+% discount from MSRP around this time of year. They are at the mall so you can actually try on the jackets instead of hoping the average SE Asian male guessed the right size for an American eating twice the daily caloric intake.

Carhartt is also solid and usually overbuilt.

Most milspec stuff you see today is a decade or two behind commercial jackets in technology and value.