Sign in to follow this  
xxxScoutSniperxxx

Systema PTW vs. KWA PTR

Dear Airsoft community,

I am fed up with buying sub-par airsoft guns and have decided that will go big or go home! I am very very much into realism and milsim because I believe that airsoft, ultimately, is training for real-steel firearm application, much like military and law enforcement use airsoft guns for training purposes. I am currently arguing over which rifle to purchase, either the Systema PTW Super Max M4A1, or the KWA LM4 PTR M4A1. For the purpose of the argument, let us assume that I am ready and able to purchase either and have the money to do so. Let us ignore the difference in price and focus on quality and performance.

I would like your opinion in order to make a well-informed and rational decision. I am well aware of the price difference, but several things stick out in my opinion.

The systema is much more versatile and in my opinion, less prone to breaking. The cylinders can be VERY easily swapped to give different fps outputs, which makes it ideal for changing environments and field limitations. The reloading feature is realistic by the fact that one must press the bolt catch to begin firing from a new magazine. These are two features I absolutely love about the gun. Despite these however, I feel that the Systema is somehow lacking in the realism department.

The KWA is everything I dream about when thinking of realism, but I am afraid that it is outperformed by the systema, far less versatile, and is prone to breaking more easily. With gas blowback rifles, they must be constantly cleaned, fussed with, lubricated, and more moving parts increases the likelihood of damage and parts breaking!

While I understand that realism can't be beat by the KWA PTR, does it match the performance of the systema? Does it match the systema in durability, reliability, and versatility? Please help me with a good debate with good, solid arguments. I really need your help to make the most informed decision possible! Thank you!

Edited by xxxScoutSniperxxx

systema PTW's are horrible. for $1670 you could build a far better and reliable AEG that could out compete a systema in every way possible. The parts are also proprietary and expensive, also its built to accept real steal parts (that mans you have to buy a $300 rail system instead of a $100). you'd be better of buying 2 LM4s and 21 magazines :a-grin:

but in all seriousness systemas suck, and the LM4 is pretty nice.

systema PTW's are horrible. for $1670 you could build a far better and reliable AEG that could out compete a systema in every way possible. The parts are also proprietary and expensive, also its built to accept real steal parts (that mans you have to buy a $300 rail system instead of a $100). you'd be better of buying 2 LM4s and 21 magazines :a-grin:

but in all seriousness systemas suck, and the LM4 is pretty nice.

They're actually quite good. Also some of us need a platform that can accept real steel rail systems. Them airsoft rails just don't cut it and I much prefer it if my AR-15 and its airsoft counterpart are as similar as possible.

However, save your money and buy a nice KWA or VFC and call it a day. Neither should treat you wrong. Me personally, I'd just hop onto craigslist and buy a bunch of nice rifles real cheap off of some sap who's quitting. Same parts, less money.

I appreciate your feedback and your comments. I would like a little more information and a little more debate from other users as well, but I wanted to thank you for your help. I am starting to lean towards the KWA LM4, but I'd like to hear from some Systema proponents about it. I'm wondering if the KWA will match the systema in performance, and I'm wondering if the systema owns up to its $1400 price tag. Just because I can afford it does not necessarily mean that I want to, if I can get a different weapon with the same performance, and with added realism. Thank you very much for your help thus far, and please by all means, keep the conversation going!

From any research I've attempted to conduct, I haven't seen videos of people bashing systema's reliability and performance, so I do not have anything negative to run on. As far as KWA goes, I know they have an extraordinary reputation for quality, but I've seen a couple videos that have some major functional problems with the relatively new LM4 models. Rather than look at endless videos of praises and nothing but good things to say, I would like to find videos of potential problems and things I want to avoid. Anyone can make a video giving a gun praise, claiming it to be the very best they've ever owned, but I want someone to take a good, hard look at them and tell me what bad things to expect from both models, if any.

Okay, you cannot get any more realistic than a gbbr, period. They are loud, good recoil and when the bolt snaps forward after putting in a new mag, it makes me smile everytime! If you want the closest thing to an ar15 you need to get a gbbr. Now, seeing as how you seem to have the money for a systema, why not look into a decked out g&p? Those will give you the same realism and better performance/reliability as long as its got steel internals and its right in the middle of a lm4 and systema. Just another thing to think about.

Btw, I went with a kwa lm4 because of price. If I had more cash I'd have gone with an upgraded g&p gbb.

Okay, you cannot get any more realistic than a gbbr, period. They are loud, good recoil and when the bolt snaps forward after putting in a new mag, it makes me smile everytime! If you want the closest thing to an ar15 you need to get a gbbr. Now, seeing as how you seem to have the money for a systema, why not look into a decked out g&p? Those will give you the same realism and better performance/reliability as long as its got steel internals and its right in the middle of a lm4 and systema. Just another thing to think about.

Btw, I went with a kwa lm4 because of price. If I had more cash I'd have gone with an upgraded g&p gbb.

It's so funny to see How many systema haters here. I guess if systema lower the price to 300 everybody will be happy.

People say Porsche 911 is bad because it's rear engine. but the truth is they can't afford one. rear engine is superior on track.

1.A chip controlled eletric trigger system reacts much faster than any AEG.

2. systema is very reliable, if you can afford it then. It makes you put more times on fun less time on take care of the gun.

let's say you mod every possible way to make an AEG with smart control unit and every other good stuff you think they worth into one AEG.

How much afford you have to put on one gun. How can you make sure all those fitment. Every parts from each brand simply had their own spec.

You can not make two gun completely the same. The gun you sell you can't even guarantee they will work next week.

But the truth is systema require Much much less maintenance. It work every time and the gearbox is so easy to clean and assemble.

No matter how much money you spend you just can not change the design of the gun. The :censored2: way to install the gearbox and the spring on ver.2 gearbox.

IT's funny that people say " out play Systema in every way" . in what way? 10 minutes disassemble the whole gearbox ?

The way I suggest is, speak with justice. Don't over judge something you don't truly know. go Aisa see how many people use PTW there and ask them reason why.

and people who can afford ptw can as well as afford polar star. So that's not a big problem for them. I think both system are nice. but polar star is more of a paintball

style airsoft play.

systema require no internal upgrade. you can't but you really don't need to.

All you need to worry is how to make it look better.

not saying that it changes power in less 5 second. This is a huge advantage when you against zombies.

Systema is kind of gun that once you own it you won't be regret.

Edited by HighEndOnly

Guest alberty
It's so funny to see How many systema haters here. I guess if systema lower the price to 300 everybody will be happy.

People say Porsche 911 is bad because it's rear engine. but the truth is they can't afford one. rear engine is superior on track.

1.A chip controlled eletric trigger system reacts much faster than any AEG.

2. systema is very reliable, if you can afford it then. It makes you put more times on fun less time on take care of the gun.

let's say you mod every possible way to make an AEG with smart control unit and every other good stuff you think they worth into one AEG.

How much afford you have to put on one gun. How can you make sure all those fitment. Every parts from each brand simply had their own spec.

You can not make two gun completely the same. The gun you sell you can't even guarantee they will work next week.

But the truth is systema require Much much less maintenance. It work every time and the gearbox is so easy to clean and assemble.

No matter how much money you spend you just can not change the design of the gun. The :censored2: way to install the gearbox and the spring on ver.2 gearbox.

IT's funny that people say " out play Systema in every way" . in what way? 10 minutes disassemble the whole gearbox ?

The way I suggest is, speak with justice. Don't over judge something you don't truly know. go Aisa see how many people use PTW there and ask them reason why.

and people who can afford ptw can as well as afford polar star. So that's not a big problem for them. I think both system are nice. but polar star is more of a paintball

style airsoft play.

systema require no internal upgrade. you can't but you really don't need to.

All you need to worry is how to make it look better.

not saying that it changes power in less 5 second. This is a huge advantage when you against zombies.

Systema is kind of gun that once you own it you won't be regret.

This is an old thread, please check the date before deciding to post in it. This thread stopped activity many months ago.

A lot of people who dislike Systema do understand the PTW components and have owned them before. A lot of PTWs have had issues with motors and ECUs dying or going bad, and every Systema type part is pretty darn expensive. And with aftermarket parts, they don't always drop in with no issue, just like when comparing with AEGs. I've know many people with Systema PTW, Celsius CTW, A&K PTW, and G&D DTW, all either spend a lot of time & money on them, or sell them after giving up on maintenance.

"Work every time" is subjective and should not be applied to every single unit. Not everyone's PTW works all the time, not everyone's AEG works all the time. Some people's PTWs work all the time, most people's AEGs work all the time.

Polarstar setups don't have to be "paintball style airsoft play". They can be used with moderate or realistic rate of fire and response, many MilSim-oriented players do like the components and that you have the advantage of AEG parts to mix it up with.

PTWs may not "require" internal upgrades, assuming your stock parts don't go bad, but that could be said to AEGs as well. Someone casual wouldn't "need" to upgrade an AEG out of the box.

Zombies...? What?