BoShek

Tm Sig 226 Gbb

Finally got it! Its nice and heavy. Its not as powerful as I expected but I think that might be to do with the cold. The bb's tend to glide rather than blast out and hit stuff hard. They were even bouncing back at me from a polystyrene target at 5 meters! The little hop up thing has an arrow. I assume the way the arrow is facing = more hop up. Do I apply MORE if the bb's are going down after a few meters and LESS is they are going up? All the instructions are in japanese or sumthing and this is my first GBB.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know I've got it because ive been going on about it for so many weeks. heh.

is the lack of power due to the cold? (it aint really THAT cold at the moment) or is the gun just less powerfull than I expected?

Thanks

BoShek

Finally got it! Its nice and heavy. Its not as powerful as I expected but I think that might be to do with the cold. The bb's tend to glide rather than blast out and hit stuff hard. They were even bouncing back at me from a polystyrene target at 5 meters! The little hop up thing has an arrow. I assume the way the arrow is facing = more hop up. Do I apply MORE if the bb's are going down after a few meters and LESS is they are going up? All the instructions are in japanese or sumthing and this is my first GBB.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know I've got it because ive been going on about it for so many weeks. heh.

is the lack of power due to the cold? (it aint really THAT cold at the moment) or is the gun just less powerfull than I expected?

Thanks

BoShek

You increase the hop-up if the BB's drop too soon and decrease if they fly upwards. Do you have any clue at how hard the gun is shooting? How cold is it there?

ok, so ive had the gun a couple days now and have got more used to it. I allow the mag and gun to warm to room temperature before I shoot it. Usually hold the mag in my hand for a while before I go outside. Its been about 11 or 12 degrees C here the last few days. I think what I did the day I got it was shoot it too soon. It was still really cold from being in a parcel in the back or a van driving all round the country for a few days before it got delivered. If I had to say how powerfull it was...I'd say its definatley more powerful than my springer KWC sig 226 and maybe a bit more than my pump action springer MP5 (when it was new, its a bit f00ked now). dunno if its AS powerful as my Gamo P-23 .117 Co2 pistol tho.

Anyway, now that I allow it to warm up its definatley a lot better. I'm really pleased with it. And in the summer when the temp is up in the 20's and 30's I expect it will be even more powerful. I wouldnt like to risk using greengas on a plastic slide just for the sake or shooting a few plant pots and fences in the winter though.

Anyone else have this GBB and have anything to say about it?

BoShek

ooh I took a picture of it standing up on a table and made it look like its made out of water using some software. I call it "Liquid Sig" :biggrin:post-16145-1132095486_thumb.jpg