Sev077

Is this a good DMR build?

I'm trying to build a DMR. the gun I'm using is a JG T3-K1.

Internal upgrades.

6.03 440ish(going to try to balance the air volume) barrel made by mad bull or prometheus if I have the money

R-hop

M125 spring

a new air nozzle

new gears and motor (if the new spring needs it)

External upgrades.

Acog 4x scope

painting the gun camo

silencer ( because I like the look of it :] )

Mods.

Teflon tape the barrel

wrapping the bucking with dental floss

Loadout.

ghillie suit

I read the "holy grail of building your DMR aeg" and most of it just sounded overkill but if something is useful I would love to know.and what do you guys think of my build? what would you do different?

Looks like a fairly solid list.

The gears won't need to be changed, as JG make some solid gears to start with. A lot of techs will switch out other gears for JG's. Your motor might need to be changed out though. Take the motor out and hold a hammer next to it. If the motor sticks and you can lift it off the ground with the hammer, then you don't need a new motor.

I'm not aware of a 440mm barrel, but there is a 455mm one. At that length, you need a full cylinder and you will be good on the volume balancing.

The "holy grail" guide may seem overkill, however much of it is how you create a good, reliable, and consistent gun. We have our own guides, which are linked in my signature, many of which derived from the holy grail guide.

You know the floss mod is popular, but I myself prefer to just wipe some RTV under the bucking as it produces a better seal, and is easier to push into the chamber. YMMV. *shrug* I'm of a similar opinion on wrapping the barrel with teflon tape. It just makes it a PITA to push into your outer, and doesn't seem to really lock it down it just reduces rattling. Is anyone else with me on that one? Then again half the time if I put on enough tape to really make it sit still it just pushes it all up the barrel instead of being held steady. I used NARROW strips of electrical tape (or thinner tape where necessary) on the bottom of the barrel, IMHO better than teflon tape because it sticks at least a little so you can get a little tighter fit, but then I came up with another solution and so now just use that.

On the ghillie suit..... you'll hate me, but seriously don't do it to yourself. I mean they can be good, but you're really working on fieldcraft if you are going to get one of them to actually hide you..... and thats only when you're not moving, in favorable terrain, and not shooting. Take a shot and, in airsoft, everyone is so close they'll immediately be on you. On top of that few fields are set up for that sort of hunter game, namely because 99.9999999% of people don't have the patience to play a huntsman's game, so want their fields set up for fast action. I mean don't take my word for it, if you really want it by all means make yourself happy, but as someone who has dabbled in fieldcraft and made a few ghillie suits (not all for airsoft :P) I've found they're not quite...... not quite what you'd like them to be for airsoft I guess. Humans aren't nearly as blind and stupid as our politicians would make you think. :D

in my dmr I have

m130

madbul 6.03 509mm

full metal hop up by madbul

red hop up bucking by madbul

G&P devil motor

some kind of high torque gears

some kind of upgraded cilinder head

and a 9.6v 5000mah

You know the floss mod is popular, but I myself prefer to just wipe some RTV under the bucking as it produces a better seal, and is easier to push into the chamber. YMMV. *shrug* I'm of a similar opinion on wrapping the barrel with teflon tape. It just makes it a PITA to push into your outer, and doesn't seem to really lock it down it just reduces rattling. Is anyone else with me on that one? Then again half the time if I put on enough tape to really make it sit still it just pushes it all up the barrel instead of being held steady. I used NARROW strips of electrical tape (or thinner tape where necessary) on the bottom of the barrel, IMHO better than teflon tape because it sticks at least a little so you can get a little tighter fit, but then I came up with another solution and so now just use that.

On the ghillie suit..... you'll hate me, but seriously don't do it to yourself. I mean they can be good, but you're really working on fieldcraft if you are going to get one of them to actually hide you..... and thats only when you're not moving, in favorable terrain, and not shooting. Take a shot and, in airsoft, everyone is so close they'll immediately be on you. On top of that few fields are set up for that sort of hunter game, namely because 99.9999999% of people don't have the patience to play a huntsman's game, so want their fields set up for fast action. I mean don't take my word for it, if you really want it by all means make yourself happy, but as someone who has dabbled in fieldcraft and made a few ghillie suits (not all for airsoft :P) I've found they're not quite...... not quite what you'd like them to be for airsoft I guess. Humans aren't nearly as blind and stupid as our politicians would make you think. :D

You make some good points. To add to that, many fields have elements that will prevent you from having proper effect if in a spot where you are waiting like that. A lot of fields don't have incredibly long sight lines, and tall grass and other foliage will prevent you from shooting in prone, where you may have a desire to shoot from. I know the field I play at is one where it is nearly impossible to find a good spot to fire from prone, except in the forest where ground cover is minimal for the most part, as compared to the open field. A ghillie suit will not help as much as good tactics, good positions, and teamwork.

airborne101 thanks for the tip on the motor and gears and can you give me a link the guide on this website?

ZaCkOX how do you mod a air nozzle? and why is it better then buying one?

HS5 thanks for the tip on the mods and I already have a ghillie suit and it works great where I play (lots of places to shoot prone with long shots) and I'm not one of those CoD players that think if you wear a ghillie suit you turn invisible but I know the more I use it the better I get at hiding.