Sign in to follow this  
Navy-Kid

Moving to Colorado

So, as long as things go as planned, I will be moving to Colorado from California to attend college in Greeley or Boulder.

I just have a few questions about the CO airsofting community:

1. How active is the airsoft community?

2. How popular is Mil-sim?

3. What are the fields like? Links? CQB or large fields?

Thanks in advance! While I know I am leaving the jackpot of airsofting behind in Southern California, I am excited to play in the beautiful landscape of Colorado.

- Navy-Kid

It's great to see somebody from Colorado! :a-famerican:

1. I would say fairly active. Maybe not what you are used to in California, but you will have probably at least 4-5 different choices of fields to play at on Saturday.

2. Fairly active again. There are three main milsim sites:

a. Rampart sites (national forest area)

b. Kiowa Creek Paintball/ Airsoft

c. Flat Acres Farm (new field close to the city in Parker)

If you are looking to get into the milsim community, I would head over to the ASCO Forum. Threads are posted periodically by people who will be hosting games at those fields.

The other main fields in Colorado are:

1. DMZ Airsoft This the CQB field. It's kinda far away in Colorado Springs.

2. GoAirheads This is a smaller outdoor field. Tons of little kids though, and no hit calling.

Also be sure to check out Fox Airsoft. It's a local airsoft store in Parker. They are very closely connected to the Milsim community and are great people to support.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me! I look forward to seeing you on the field :a-grin:

Edited by unlimitedRA1N

unlimited pretty much nailed it. Though I was just at Kiowa and it wasn't MilSim, but I think they do that more in the summer.

Also, GoAirheads is garbage. I wouldn't waste your time in going there. I was there Friday and will not return. They raised their price (to expensive for a non-sanctioned/insured field IMO), have :censored2: rules, and they don't really chrono. Last game of the day I was shot full auto in the face from a 400+ fps (could be more, they didn't chrono as far as I know) gun, not even 5 feet away. Wearing my steel mesh half face mask, I'm still in need of rather expensive dentist visit. Also, all of this is in MAYBE 2 acres of someones backyard...

For another $5 you get into Kiowa, which I wholeheartedly recommend. Better people, environment, and overall experience.

Either way, looking forward to having another fellow player in CO!

Also, GoAirheads is garbage. I wouldn't waste your time in going there. I was there Friday and will not return. They raised their price (to expensive for a non-sanctioned/insured field IMO), have :censored2: rules, and they don't really chrono. Last game of the day I was shot full auto in the face from a 400+ fps (could be more, they didn't chrono as far as I know) gun, not even 5 feet away. Wearing my steel mesh half face mask, I'm still in need of rather expensive dentist visit. Also, all of this is in MAYBE 2 acres of someones backyard...

They raised the price? I was already pretty much done there. About them chronographing, our club has been there three times. And of those three times, they chronographed our guns once. That time, it was some kid who clearly had no idea what he was doing. He fired one shot from the mag and it read 150 fps. He didn't say anything and just wanted to talk about how cool my gun was and its rate of fire. I asked him to fire a few more shots for my own benefit and it read 340 fps. For one of my friends, he loaded his midcap with maybe 2 BBs, tried to chrono it and claimed the gun was broken. The other two times, there was no mention of a chrono. They also don't require full seal eye protection and didn't ask for waivers either. Asking for a lawsuit :a-rolleyes:

DMZ hasn't been that great the last few times I've been there either.

In my opinion, if you are looking for some serious airsoft, go to the ASCO games.

Thanks for the advice guys! Excited to get out there and start playing. Will definitly steer clear of GoAirHeads, just the fact that they don't follow basic safety precautions is a red flag to me and I don't want to financially support an institution that could be potentially dangerous to the airsoft community. Will check out the websites and store you listed!