to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Domskidan

Need A Logo And Slogan For Chain Sig...

It's a tough thing to be a newbie and here at ASF we like to make new people feel welcome, but every once in awhile you get people who just can't seem to tolerate the same ole silly questions over and over and so the little guys just get pounded, yes you know who you are...

Anyway I came up with an idea and hopefully it will spread like wild fire through the forum. I want to start a Signature chain on ASF called "PETN" (People for the Ethical Treatment of Newbies) yes you heard it right!

Recently the focus here has placed a lot of emphasis on creating a better environment for new people that sign up here and I feel that the whole PETN thing will give it a great kick start and lighten the tension between the newbies getting blasted for doing a simple search before asking the same old tired question that has been asked countless times before..

Here is what I would like to see:

A logo preferably in a circle type of patch or something but other shapes will be fine too just as long as its not a rectangle banner type deal.

Second, I want a slogan something catchy like "Newbies are People Too, stop killing them"

Third I want it to say "Support PETN and put this in your Signature"

The goal is to make our community here at ASF more aware of newbie tolerance. I take pride that ASF is different from larger boards because we strive to make this place have an environment were newbies will not be shot down and are able to explore the wonderful world of airsoft.

:a-salute:

PS. I know this is a spin off of PETA but I wanted to make people more aware of treating newbies better in a creative way...

Blasted good idea! Count me in... Just cooked up some hot 'n spicy logo thingers, too!

petn0yp.gif

petn9qo.gif

The backrounds are transparant, btw. You can stick 'em wherever you want.

Looks good pirate... I'll get on this as soon as I can, bur right now I've got a ton of other work I have to do for various school projects. Good idea Dom... keep up the good work guys.

EDIT: Done with a few prototypes... if you want anything changed just LMK.

194e029e.gif

9cd433a6.gif

ab136918.gif

All backgrounds are transparent so it should look OK on any color background. (Switch your skins around to see what they look like in other BG colors) The edges on the circle and on the swords in the last one came out a little sloppier than I would have liked, but since I can't do raster art well with photoshop (or at least I've never learned) theyre always going to be a little tiny bit pixely as far as I know...

Oh, and one more thing, I can easily size these down afterward to whatever size is needed, since I'm assuming nobody wants something that big in their sig...

Edited by -=Bloodred=-

Sweet stuff, Blood. My only concern is the readability of the text around the circle if the logo is scaled down (which those will definately need to be if we begin putting these things in our sigs). I can see that being a strain... perhaps make it bolder?

Heh, well, blows my logos out of the water, no doubt. I should really learn how to use photoshop! :P

Edited by Pirate

Ok, I downsized the second two since I figure those will be the ones that get used (if they do get used). They didn't turn out as cleanly as I'd hoped, but again I can't do raster art and pixel tend to not like to be resized...

0fd39fc4.gif

6291cf6e.gif

Guest Lacessit

I like both of those very much...

However, Pirate: when changing to the 'charcoal' skin, your transparancy doesn't work very well..

Bloodred: Very nice, but I'd suggest trying something different with the text, specifically "Newbies are people too" as it's barely legible.

Great work, by both you guys.

Edited by Lacessit

Guest Lacessit
Ok, I played around with the fonts and the blending options, and everything is a lot more legible now, especially on dark backgrounds. Check it out:

deb1eeaf.gif

79f9b6a7.gif

I'm not tryin' to piss you off here.. but when going to the charcoal theme.. it looks like you got carried away. It looks great on default theme.. but it has too much white border on the text when viewed against the dark background.

I'd suggest going to somewhere in the middle?

just remember.. it's said with love. :wub:

I'm not tryin' to piss you off here.. but when going to the charcoal theme.. it looks like you got carried away. It looks great on default theme.. but it has too much white border on the text when viewed against the dark background.

I'd suggest going to somewhere in the middle?

just remember.. it's said with love. :wub:

... and I thought I was a perfectionist :a-laugh:

Don't worry about it, I like constructive criticism and I like that you're willing to speak your mind instead of just settling for something inadequate. And for future reference, it takes a LOT to piss me off :a-grin:

Ok, one last shot at this, I've been going back and forth between 1 pixel border, 2 pixel border, and 3 pixel border on the text and "PETN" part... the last ones were a 3 pixel border, and before that was a one pixel border, so the only thing left for me to try is a 2 pixel border since there's no such thing as half a pixel :a-laugh:

Whaddaya think?

a3268f4a.gif

18485b17.gif

Guest Lacessit

Isn't it funny how one pixel makes all the difference? :biggrin:

that's beeautiful. nice job. :a-salute:

now can you make it in pink? lol j/k

Edited by Lacessit

Isn't it funny how one pixel makes all the difference? :biggrin:

that's beeautiful. nice job. :a-salute:

now can you make it in pink? lol j/k

Why yes, yes I can. This one's on the house :a-kiss::a-grin:

528b702e.gif

On a more serious note, thanks for the comments, and I'm glad you like it.

Edited by -=Bloodred=-

Guest Lacessit
Why yes, yes I can. This one's on the house :a-kiss::a-grin:

528b702e.gif

On a more serious note, thanks for the comments, and I'm glad you like it.

:a-laugh: LMAO!! :a-laugh:

That's too good! lol.. I'll use it until the official PETN sig is found.

... and I thought I was a perfectionist :a-laugh:

Don't worry about it, I like constructive criticism and I like that you're willing to speak your mind instead of just settling for something inadequate. And for future reference, it takes a LOT to piss me off :a-grin:

Ok, one last shot at this, I've been going back and forth between 1 pixel border, 2 pixel border, and 3 pixel border on the text and "PETN" part... the last ones were a 3 pixel border, and before that was a one pixel border, so the only thing left for me to try is a 2 pixel border since there's no such thing as half a pixel :a-laugh:

Whaddaya think?

a3268f4a.gif

18485b17.gif

Absolutely stupendous. Can't wait for it to be declared the official; I want to put one in my sig x__x

And, if you haven't noticed, I've found a better use for my PETN logo :] Still working on the borders with dark bg's... must have slipped by me. Thanks Lace!

Guest Lacessit

Is there going to be a finish date for this?

Are there going to be any further entries, or do we have to pick Blood's? :blink::a-laugh:

Do you put these in your sig? Cause I need a URL for it.

to get the URL, just right click the image, select properties, and copy the "location" URL..

I.e.

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/reddog070/ASF%20Stuff/a3268f4a.gif]

is the code for

18485b17.gif

EDIT BY BLOODRED: Holy crap, I clicked the wrong button and edited your post by mistake. Sorry :oops:

Edited by -=Bloodred=-

Guest babybackribs
Is there going to be a finish date for this?

Are there going to be any further entries, or do we have to pick Blood's? :blink::a-laugh:

to get the URL, just right click the image, select properties, and copy the "location" URL..

I.e.

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/reddog070/ASF%20Stuff/a3268f4a.gif]

is the code for

18485b17.gif

EDIT BY BLOODRED: Holy crap, I clicked the wrong button and edited your post by mistake. Sorry :oops:

Thanks.

Guest Lacessit

Just thought I'd post the PETN logo resized to conform to current signature regulations (115x115 instead of 144x144)

petn1fa.gif

Edited by Lacessit