to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
tyqre

Gun wont feed right, frustrated

I have an upgraded G&G combat machine blowback (removed the blowback) with a mosfet installed, everything is stock except the spur gear (which I swapped, old one stripped) And a spare piston with corrected AOE (old one stripped) and a 6.01 ASGI barrel (came wit the gun, left it in) and I have had it for about 2 years. I put the flat hop in and the gun has been preforming phenominally until recently. I forget exactly when but all of a sudden my mags started jamming and breaking left and right. They where ~80 round mid caps, nothing special, but they started dropping like flies and I thought it was just there time to go. The springs would get jammed in the mag and I would try to open and fix them but I could never put them back together so they just broke...so I bought 7 KWA 120rd midcaps thinking they would last. The same symptoms with the KWA MAGS! Inconsistent feeding, but the mags seemed to be ok, So I opened up my hop up..turns out the hop-up arm was snapped. So I ordered a new shs hopup, full metal, but kept the G&G green bucking that I shaved down for the flat hop, and ofcourse, the flat hop. Put the new hopup in, flat hop, bucking, ect..but SAME THING. When I attach the hopup to the barrel and place the mag in the hopup feeding neck the bbs suck right up into the hopup and they move around freely, I can blow them out like a dart gun so the hopup seems to be working properly but when I put it back in the gun NO FEEDING. MAYBE it shoots 1 or 2 rounds out of 10 trigger pulls. Something I have noticed upon further inspection is that when I pull the mag out when the gun is flipped over to see if the bbs went into the hopup I've noticed that that the bbs have trouble actually dropping down infront of the tappet plate/arm thingy. I have to physically push them with a tiny screw driver for them to drop down. It seems to me like they are getting stuck about half way down the feeding neck before sitting infront of the actual bucking. Could the bucking be damaged (it looked fine when I looked at it, however I am no expert) and stick out a little to bar in the back of the hopup and stop the round from advancing infront of the little piston that hits the bb?

Check if your tappet plate or loading nozzle is cracked, that would stop anything from feeding. You will most likely have to take apart the gearbox to do this unless you can push on the loading nozzle and see if it moves freely.

Everything looks normal inside, tappet plate/nozzle all working and looking as they should.

Everything looks normal inside, tappet plate/nozzle all working and looking as they should.

Well you also said you had problems with the magazines. It may also be the hop up unit is not properly connecting with the magazine feed lip. Try taking out the hop up unit and press it in directly to a loaded mag, if bbs don't feed then that may be the problem. another thing is try your mags in a friends gun, some midcaps don't feed in some guns unless you shave a part off the top of the mag.

Well you also said you had problems with the magazines. It may also be the hop up unit is not properly connecting with the magazine feed lip. Try taking out the hop up unit and press it in directly to a loaded mag, if bbs don't feed then that may be the problem. another thing is try your mags in a friends gun, some midcaps don't feed in some guns unless you shave a part off the top of the mag.

I actually stated this..I think...that it does infact work when I put the mag right onto the hop unit. bbs feed good and flow right in there. its only when I put it in the upper reciever and put the two halves together that this feeding issue occurs.

I was sharings mags during the last game I played..so I am assuming it worked in all there guns.

Edited by Moss

I actually stated this..I think...that it does infact work when I put the mag right onto the hop unit. bbs feed good and flow right in there. its only when I put it in the upper reciever and put the two halves together that this feeding issue occurs.

I was sharings mags during the last game I played..so I am assuming it worked in all there guns.

Then its probably the mag not fully inserting into the magwell, try pushing the mag as hard as you can into the gun and see if that fixes it, make sure you push it in multiple angles because that may say what the problem is.

Then its probably the mag not fully inserting into the magwell, try pushing the mag as hard as you can into the gun and see if that fixes it, make sure you push it in multiple angles because that may say what the problem is.

I tried holding the mag in 4 or 5 different positions while firing, none helped. There is pretty much no mag wobble so there is not much I can do there. Sometime I can hear the bbs flow into the hop chamber, you know what I am talking about right? But even then I have feeding issues. I forgot to menion that I ordered a new hop bucking and nub to start from scratch. Madbul red to be exact.

I tried holding the mag in 4 or 5 different positions while firing, none helped. There is pretty much no mag wobble so there is not much I can do there. Sometime I can hear the bbs flow into the hop chamber, you know what I am talking about right? But even then I have feeding issues. I forgot to menion that I ordered a new hop bucking and nub to start from scratch. Madbul red to be exact.

Do 3-5 bbs fall out when you remove the magazine?

Also, try placing 3-4 bbs into the hopup unit while the gun is upside down and use something to lightly push the bbs to make sure bbs have force on them (simulation a magazine spring). This will test that the tappet plate is going back far enough to give enough space for the bb to go through the chamber fully. if they don't shoot/push down you will have to add a sector clip onto the pin on your sector gear.

Do 3-5 bbs fall out when you remove the magazine?

Also, try placing 3-4 bbs into the hopup unit while the gun is upside down and use something to lightly push the bbs to make sure bbs have force on them (simulation a magazine spring). This will test that the tappet plate is going back far enough to give enough space for the bb to go through the chamber fully. if they don't shoot/push down you will have to add a sector clip onto the pin on your sector gear.

Yes, 3-4 BBS fall out, yea I have tried pushing the BBS into the chamber and they will go in to the hop chamber if I push them. Side note, when I put BBS in the chamber by hand and block the feeding neck with my hand so they don't fly out back at me they fire fine, all three or four of them.

Yes, 3-4 BBS fall out, yea I have tried pushing the BBS into the chamber and they will go in to the hop chamber if I push them. Side note, when I put BBS in the chamber by hand and block the feeding neck with my hand so they don't fly out back at me they fire fine, all three or four of them.

So its down to just the magazine lips not getting the bbs into the chamber. It is either the spring is not strong enough so it getting stuck in the magazines or can't push the bbs in or the magazine feed lip is off center on the hop up chamber.

For #1 fill the mag and pull on the little latch and see if the bbs all shoot out (do it somewhere you can catch the bbs XD)

For #2, use a rat tail file (small round ones) and put a little bit of a chamfer the inside edge of the hop up unit where the bbs feed into, that will open the hole a bit and make it easier for the bbs to feed. Note, only file a little bit away and sand down the edge to make sure you don't cut up your bbs when they load. (remove all parts from the hop up before you do this)

Alternatively if you don't have a rat tail file, you can use a drill with a bit /Slightly/ larger then the hole on the hop up unit and drill down a TINY bit, not enough to shorten the tube, just enough to widen it, if you are not comfortable with this, don't try it, drilling a small metal cast piece can easily result in it cracking if you mess it up.

Is your hop-up chamber even against your gearbox pressed hard? The magazine lip just needs to be pressed by the hop-up chamber hole to launch bbs up. Your magazine needs to be nice and straight inside or mis-feeding will occur.

Edited by ZaCkOX

Check this thread out. I was having some of the same issues. I found that the SHS chamber allows more of the G&G nozzle to get in the way. I suggest stripping the arm from the SHS and putting it back in the G&G. Also put some shims on the GB shell and sand down the tappet as per in the thread.

Check this thread out. I was having some of the same issues. I found that the SHS chamber allows more of the G&G nozzle to get in the way. I suggest stripping the arm from the SHS and putting it back in the G&G. Also put some shims on the GB shell and sand down the tappet as per in the thread.

I tried taking the arm from the system hop up and putting it in the g&g stock one but the same thing happened. Again, this is the same one that has always worked in the gun until recently. I'm thinking that the bucking is worn out and pressing too far into the chamber. I'll try madbull red ones that I ordered. and by same thing I mean that the bbs get stuck right at the end of the feeding neck where the bb would then sit infront of the bucking, again, leading me to believe that the bucking is pertruding..or the tappet plate nozzle is sticking out, I havent been able to look at the gun since yesterday so I will do some more looking around when I can.

Is your hop-up chamber even against your gearbox pressed hard? The magazine lip just needs to be pressed by the hop-up chamber hole to launch bbs up. Your magazine needs to be nice and straight inside or mis-feeding will occur.

All looks straight to me

Edited by airborne101

I tried taking the arm from the system hop up and putting it in the g&g stock one but the same thing happened. Again, this is the same one that has always worked in the gun until recently. I'm thinking that the bucking is worn out and pressing too far into the chamber. I'll try madbull red ones that I ordered. and by same thing I mean that the bbs get stuck right at the end of the feeding neck where the bb would then sit infront of the bucking, again, leading me to believe that the bucking is pertruding..or the tappet plate nozzle is sticking out, I havent been able to look at the gun since yesterday so I will do some more looking around when I can.

All looks straight to me

How are you securing the hop-up chamber to the gearbox? You said it works before it goes into the body. The body will just make the hop-up unit move away from the gearbox.

How are you securing the hop-up chamber to the gearbox? You said it works before it goes into the body. The body will just make the hop-up unit move away from the gearbox.

Well, it doesn't secure to the gearbox, the hopup unit slides forwards and locks into place in the upper receiver like all other m4's and the nozzle goes into the hopup. I think I figured it out though, I think I can see the nozzle sticking into the ho-pup even when the tension is out of the gearbox, so I'm going to try and sand it down.

Well, it doesn't secure to the gearbox, the hopup unit slides forwards and locks into place in the upper receiver like all other m4's and the nozzle goes into the hopup. I think I figured it out though, I think I can see the nozzle sticking into the ho-pup even when the tension is out of the gearbox, so I'm going to try and sand it down.

Sanding the air nozzle? I wouldn't do that.

You said it slides forward but what is making it slide against the gearbox? No springs?

Edited by ZaCkOX

Sanding the air nozzle? I wouldn't do that.

You said it slides forward but what is making it slide against the gearbox? No springs?

Well I took out the spring trying to figure out what was wrong with it. So, it didn't work with the spring in-front of the hop-up either. And about adding a sector clip, I had one in there before, took the sector clip off before I posted here to see if that would fix it, but to no avail. With the spring in place, the lower reciever usually pushed the hopuop into place but without the spring its just in the right spot all the time.

Edited by Moss

Well I took out the spring trying to figure out what was wrong with it. So, it didn't work with the spring in-front of the hop-up either. And about adding a sector clip, I had one in there before, took the sector clip off before I posted here to see if that would fix it, but to no avail. With the spring in place, the lower reciever usually pushed the hopuop into place but without the spring its just in the right spot all the time.

Gun not feeding right is pretty simple to diagnosis.

1. Make sure the magazine can fly bbs up into the hop-up chamber.

2. Make sure the bucking and nub is installed correctly and that bbs can easily fly out without compression issues.

3. Make sure the hop-up is in the correct position.

4. Make sure the nozzle goes back far enough to let bbs flow in the hop-up chamber.

5. Make sure the cycle to the air nozzle is pulled back for a long enough time period.

If you check off all that you'll be done and have it working fine.

Edited by ZaCkOX

Gun not feeding right is pretty simple to diagnosis.

1. Make sure the magazine can fly bbs up into the hop-up chamber. - Check

2. Make sure the bucking and nub is installed correctly and that bbs can easily fly out without compression issues. - Check

3. Make sure the hop-up is in the correct position. - Check

4. Make sure the nozzle goes back far enough to let bbs flow in the hop-up chamber. - Trying to fix this I was told to sand it down

5. Make sure the cycle to the air nozzle is pulled back for a long enough time period. - don't know how I could tell

If you check off all that you'll be done and have it working fine.

And the result? Do you want me to be more clear and walk you through everything?

No..I have checked each thing and everything seems to be in line except the nozzle is too far forward. I am sanding it down. But my mosfet short circuted and died so I have to get another one before I do any more testing....

No..I have checked each thing and everything seems to be in line except the nozzle is too far forward. I am sanding it down. But my mosfet short circuted and died so I have to get another one before I do any more testing....

Make sure to run a fuse this time or the next mosfet might die...