to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
tyqre

KWA KMP9 with propane

In the description is this gun it says something about how using Propane will void the warranty and it is bad for the gun. What are your thoughts on this? I thought green gas was just propane with silicon oil added. I was thinking about getting the kmp9 so I just wanna get this straight. Also, what are your thoughts on the gun itself?

Green Gas has been perverted and mis-used since the old days of airsoft.

In the Old days your gas selection looked like this:

fps15-gastabelle-begadi-en.jpg

And they were refrigerant based gases.

Then they started having issues importing the refrigerants into the US. This started around 2005 and someone figured out propane had "similar" properties to HFC122, albeit weaker. But, it was sold as "Green Gas" under several domestic labels.

Then AI tested the gas, "Not" knowing they all came from the same bottler and then they started the myth that GG is just "dirty propane". They never truly tested MAX, TOP, HFC or "Red" ET1600 and ET2200 gas from Asia.

The rest is modern US Airsoft misconception of "Green Gas" and is repeated daily from new players trying to learn...

And so with that...if you look in the right places. Hint: Not Airsoft stores. You can still find refrigerants to power your Gas weapons.

TM Mk23 in 70 degree temp play environments at 480fps with .28's anyone?

Edited by Guges Mk3

It's a good gun with a few small issues. Propane runs them just fine. The reason it voids your warranty is because kwa doesn't like to. Not other real reason.

Like guges said you can find some pretty amazing gases out there. I've seen gas rifles hitting 510 with .36s at 80f. He wouldn't tell us what was done internally or what gas he used but it was beastly.

It's a good gun with a few small issues. Propane runs them just fine. The reason it voids your warranty is because kwa doesn't like to. Not other real reason.

Like guges said you can find some pretty amazing gases out there. I've seen gas rifles hitting 510 with .36s at 80f. He wouldn't tell us what was done internally or what gas he used but it was beastly.

Interesting. So I could just switch out gasses is I wanted more power, legally of course. Should I use lighter bbs with propane? I was going to use .25's I it but I have hunch that I should be ok.

It is not recommend to use light bb's with gas guns unless your GBB is weak in the first place.

Try to use .23 at a minimum, and heavier bbs if your hop-up can give it "lift".

Yea I always use .25's anyway. But could using different gasses give me better results? Like higher fps so I could use a heavier bb.

the hop up is different than most AEGs, its similar to the hop up in the pistols. I haven't even figured out how to take the inner barrel out of the outer barrel yet ( I could look it up but I'm too lazy). Also propane isn't going to be some sort of "magic gas." you won't really see much of an fps increase. Stock its shooting 400+ so the FPS is not much of an issue on this gun.

also range on guns with different bbs is a complicated issue

hypothetically, lets say, it shoots 400 fps with .2s and it gets a 150 foot range

if I put .25 it shoots at 375 fps, but it gets 180 feet of range

and with .3s it only shoots 360 fps but gets 210 feet of effective range.

the only negative effect is that the fps is lowered, but...

the energy output is higher. A heavier bb retains its velocity better over range. Taking this into account we could say:

.20 hit the target at 150 feet with 350 fps

.25 hit the target at 150 feet with 360 fps

.25 hit the target at 150 feet with 355 fps

now remember this is all hypothetical so my numbers are all off but the principle is the same.

Edited by Soaring Alex

the hop up is different than most AEGs, its similar to the hop up in the pistols. I haven't even figured out how to take the inner barrel out of the outer barrel yet ( I could look it up but I'm too lazy). Also propane isn't going to be some sort of "magic gas." you won't really see much of an fps increase. Stock its shooting 400+ so the FPS is not much of an issue on this gun.

also range on guns with different bbs is a complicated issue

hypothetically, lets say, it shoots 400 fps with .2s and it gets a 150 foot range

if I put .25 it shoots at 375 fps, but it gets 180 feet of range

and with .3s it only shoots 360 fps but gets 210 feet of effective range.

the only negative effect is that the fps is lowered, but...

the energy output is higher. A heavier bb retains its velocity better over range. Taking this into account we could say:

.20 hit the target at 150 feet with 350 fps

.25 hit the target at 150 feet with 360 fps

.25 hit the target at 150 feet with 355 fps

now remember this is all hypothetical so my numbers are all off but the principle is the same.

Yea I'm not too worried about the fps. I had an aeg that shot ~300 fps with .25 but the damn thing was a sniper. So yea, that's weird with the range issue, well it's not really and issue. I am planning in using .25s cuz that's what I buy usually.