Sign in to follow this  
Plasmio

What can I do?

I've got a Dboys SCAR-L. It's stock internals give it a pretty slow rate of fire. I'm new to upgrading my guns, so I need some help. What can I do to give it a higher rate of fire? I believe it's a version 2 gearbox.

I almost forgot to mention that the stock only fits an 8.4, 9.6 won't fit.

Edited by Plasmio

I've got a Dboys SCAR-L. It's stock internals give it a pretty slow rate of fire. I'm new to upgrading my guns, so I need some help. What can I do to give it a higher rate of fire? I believe it's a version 2 gearbox.

Add a high speed gear set and shim it very well, add deans, a matrix turbo 3000 motor and a m90 or m100 madbull spring. Maybe try to short stroke as well.

Short stroking doesn't increase rate of fire by a noticeable amount, it does decrease your power by a measurable amount though.

Battery to get:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_..._Lipo_Pack.html

A good shim job alone can give you a considerable ROF boost.

I'd suggest getting a Lonex A1 or A2 motor, replacing your bushings if they are plastic, correcting AOE, and shimming and you should have around 20 rps. Its hard to say what to do if you don't set any budget or performance parameters, I'd suggest doing so.

Short stroking doesn't increase rate of fire by a noticeable amount, it does decrease your power by a measurable amount though.

Battery to get:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_..._Lipo_Pack.html

A good shim job alone can give you a considerable ROF boost.

I'd suggest getting a Lonex A1 or A2 motor, replacing your bushings if they are plastic, correcting AOE, and shimming and you should have around 20 rps. Its hard to say what to do if you don't set any budget or performance parameters, I'd suggest doing so.

I don't really have a budget. I'll just get this stuff over the course of a few months if it's really expensive. For now I can use my P90 which already has a good enough ROF for me. I just want to be able to use my SCAR eventually as well :a-grin: .

You can fit a 9.6 to the stock with mods

or just insure you are using a good quality battery, I use elite cells. My elite 8.4 pack gives a higher rof than a 9.6v Tenergy

A lithium battery would fit much easier, correct? Aren't they smaller? This is of course requiring that I get the necessary upgrades to handle an lithium battery.

less resistance,better hold,less chance of it melting. Overall a big improvement than tamiya's.

Thanks. I'll look into a deans connector then.

Edited by airborne101
Merged triple post.

No need to post 3 times, you can put it all into one post.

Any gun can use 7.4 lipo's, every gun should use deans. Look at the dimensions of the battery I suggested, its pretty small.

Again, you need to set a goal for your performance.

The muzzle velocity doesn't need to be increased. It's at around 400 FPS. I simply want a higher rate of fire. I'm surprised that nickel batteries are so much since that one you suggested is only 10$. I'll probably get a few.

Edited by Plasmio

The Dboys Scar-L motor is crap. Just replacing that would be a bump in speed.