Sign in to follow this  
Dawnzero

Not a which gun should I, just a should I get thread.

I currently own a JG PSG-1 (Made by me <3), G&G F2000. and TM MP5SD5 which is my go to gun (just replaced the mechbox shell whiched cracked mid winter game so don't tell me winter doesn't effect aegs I live in Wisconsin and for people lacking basic geographical knowlage it's right under Canada)

Since all are aegs I've been considering two diffrent types of guns for the winter. A spring shotty or a BASR. I really don't like BASR, not to mention you have to shell out a bit of cash before they are even decent. So that leaves me with shotguns. (Yes I know how some of you hate shotgun users)

I have used a few triburst shotguns and honestly I feel like they will eventually fall apart mid game. Last night while browsing evike I found uhh....

1170_307337886052147_277212464_n.jpg

and I fell in love. Now shes full metal, and full sized. Pretty much sexy as hell just outa the box. Can't say the same for any trishot shotgun. Now they are only single shot, and too hot for cqb, and too short of range for outdoors. I planned to use it in winter, which as most guns shoot slower rof and fps wise during the winter, I would have a slight advantage.

Basicly I'm just looking for opinions, yes or no. Is it sexy or not. Mind you she is $151 shipped.

Please don't recommend other guns, it's this or nothing pretty much lol.

Thanks for the opinions.

I'm well aware my avatar is a pony and I suck at spelling.

Edited by Dawnzero

Thats a G&P shotgun right? They are only single shot. They look really nice though. Maybe the hop-up is upgrade able?

Yeah it is, and yeah its only a single shot. The look is honestly what drew me in, I've yet to find another shotgun as sleek looking. I don't like tacticool shotguns, or ones with long rifle style grips. This is the only one I found that I actually liked. It's just gonna stay stock if I do buy it. I would assume since the hopup is adustible, it would be upgradable aswell.

Now it's become a which should I get thread. I just stumbled across the DE M186B which is the same style with simulated wood furniture. It's also a tri shot an only $40.

I'm still heavily leaning towards the G&P due to quaility and preformance.

m186b11.jpg

Edited by Dawnzero

Guest alberty
Yeah it is, and yeah its only a single shot. The look is honestly what drew me in, I've yet to find another shotgun as sleek looking. I don't like tacticool shotguns, or ones with long rifle style grips. This is the only one I found that I actually liked. It's just gonna stay stock if I do buy it. I would assume since the hopup is adustible, it would be upgradable aswell.

Now it's become a which should I get thread. I just stumbled across the DE M186B which is the same style with simulated wood furniture. It's also a tri shot an only $40.

I think the G&P shotguns are Maruzen shotguns with G&P kits? But anyways, I think there exist just a few aftermarket parts for upgrading. Few though, not much to change for a single-shot spring shotgun. Another alternative to think about is the Echo 1 / CAW M1014-ish single-shot spring shotguns.

The DE M186B is not a tri-shot unfortunately. You can tell by the cheaper price and included shells, before actually holding it, that it's a single-shot though it uses shells. Once you hold one, you can feel the lower quality of plastic as compared to a tri-shot. I've owned one of their single-shot M1014s before, very cheap, and plastic everything including almost all internals. Not compatible with tri-shot shells either.

you can feel the lower quality

This was excatly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

I'm leaning more towards a single shot due to the extra range an accuracy. My field is aeg over run and even in winter people run aegs. They preform poorly but they do run aegs. I'll take a look at the one you suggested, but I'll probally get the G&P.

I really like fixxed full stocks, after market parts don't really bother me as I'l keep it stock anyway. The CAW M1014 stock turns me off from that gun.

Edited by Dawnzero

Guest alberty

I suppose for a single-shot spring shotgun, G&P and Maruzen are the best bet if you're good with Remington replicas.

The G&P shotguns are quite cool, I would get one if I played field instead of CQB. the only other option for a similar price is the tokyo marui tri-shot, but in my opinion it is way over priced (still better than handing over 500+ for a tanaka gas shotty).

does anyone know if the G&P shotguns use different springs, if not can you disassemble them and change out the spring?

I suppose for a single-shot spring shotgun, G&P and Maruzen are the best bet if you're good with Remington replicas.

Honestly it'd be my first shotgun, so I don't really have any knowlage on any certain style. I tend to avoid gas powered Rifles, Pistols, and everything inbetween including grenades so that rules out a gas shotgun. Obviously an electric is out of the question. So I as looking at like a UTG tri shot or single shot quality springer of some sort. This one being metal and all I imagine would hold up better than plastic. I've never had a problem with plastic, infact all my aegs are plastic and this would be me first metal gun. I poked around in the shotgun forums and apprently a single shot is recommended more for outdoor use than a tri shot.

Odd, first shottgun will be my first metal gun......

Guest alberty

Tri-shots are good, not something that will fall apart mid-game unless it's been abused or very worn out. It would be nice if they had metal externals but that would mean heavy weight, and they copy TMs which are plastic too anyways.

Tri-shots are nice but I recommend them for CQB instead of outdoor games. They generally shoot at a lower FPS and the spread is very noticeable at longer ranges. It's probably not something you want as your primary for an outdoor game unless it's all close-range encounters. The higher FPS of those Maruzen/G&P/CAW springer shotguns is nice too considering you'll have some longer ranges to deal with (that combined with adjustable hop). I know, FPS doesn't equal range/performance necessarily.

Tri-shots are good, not something that will fall apart mid-game unless it's been abused or very worn out. It would be nice if they had metal externals but that would mean heavy weight, and they copy TMs which are plastic too anyways.

Tri-shots are nice but I recommend them for CQB instead of outdoor games. They generally shoot at a lower FPS and the spread is very noticeable at longer ranges. It's probably not something you want as your primary for an outdoor game unless it's all close-range encounters. The higher FPS of those Maruzen/G&P/CAW springer shotguns is nice too considering you'll have some longer ranges to deal with (that combined with adjustable hop). I know, FPS doesn't equal range/performance necessarily.

I plan on using it during winter games, now my main field does not have winter games, but one 5 miles from my house does. They used to be a paintball/speedball place so most fields are 250ft end to end if that. I plan on using it on and off all year, maybe at my main fields open plays (to be quite frank new players come at open plays and it often ends up pretty much a day of noobstomping) which might make them a bit more exciting. It seems like there isnt really a reason not to get it.

Edited by Dawnzero

FYI, I found that wooden-looking M1014 on UNCompany, here is a link. Ehobbyasia says it's a tri-shot but I'm pretty sure it's a single-shot, and UNCompany says so: http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=25964

It's not, I watched a video on youtube, the shells only have one spot for bb's. I could be wrong but tri shots have three diffrent holes in the shells for bbs. I sure as heck don't want a cheap gun, I really wish they made more M870 replicas.

Edited by Dawnzero

Guest alberty

The shells are like magazines so there's only 1 hole in them regardless of the gun's type. The tri-shot guns have 3 inner barrels and a tri-nozzle, and so the loading/feeding ramp sorts 3 BBs into the barrels.

FYI those cheap single shots do have adjustable hop-up, but it's not like it's a big help...

The shells are like magazines so there's only 1 hole in them regardless of the gun's type. The tri-shot guns have 3 inner barrels and a tri-nozzle, and so the loading/feeding ramp sorts 3 BBs into the barrels.

FYI those cheap single shots do have adjustable hop-up, but it's not like it's a big help...

Oh that's neat. I had the chance to get a JG BAR 10 G Spec but desided to let it go to the other party interested. I'm petty dead set on this G&P M870. It sorta sinks I'll have to wait will April/May for it to arrive.

I know this is gonna sound really weird but certain guns "speak" to me. Certain sets of way too convenient actions take place for me to ignore them. For example, I was trying to find a cheap alt to the G&P, even considered a BSAR instead. Found a JG Bar 10 G Spec with upgrades for $75 shipped on my states forum. It's had no interest all week, I message the seller and we where talking about either meeting or shipping the gun, when he was texted with other parties interested, He offered it to me anyway since I was first but since my ebay funds don't clear for another 6 days I didnt wanna . hold him up from selling it and he respected that. Just seemed odd, right when I even consider another gun, something happens to course correct me back to the G&P. This has happened with every single gun I own, and is the reason I own them.

I love them to bits and peices. Everytime I even consider possibly selling one, something comes up to change my mind. I mean hell at one point my Mp5 was in shambles and I had no way of fixing it. This was before I had a tech and I was newer to airsoft. I listed it on ebay for very cheap I might add, not 30 min later a tech from the MN airsoft forums called me. Telling me to bring it in so he can fix it. He also ended up taking the gun I purchased off a whim to use in its spot. He traded the G&G Femme Fatal I purchased for fixxing and upgrading the heck out of my Mp5.

I'm unsure why this happens to me with guns, but it always does. They choose me I don't choose them. I think of buying a certain style gun and one way or another one finds its way to me. I know it sounds dumb and retarded and crazy but its how every gun I own has ended up as mine. This is with the exception of the Femme Fatal, and that was just a blind buy because it was cheap on ebay, which obviously was not ment to be.

I wonder if this is how it is with everyone lol.

Edited by Dawnzero

ur cool.. and codsofters guns are tiger strip or gold spray painted. along with being cheap and crappy guns. Not guns that have almost $1000 into them for upgrades, and chosen by quality and how tactical they are.

In addition to that, all accessories are low quality, you've got a 70% chance it has a drum mag of some sort, it'll almost always have a cheap foregrip, red dot sight, and other similar things on it, such as the ever useless flashlight or laser.

That would make 90% of the world a CODsofter. Welcome to ignore kiddo. Isn't it very ironic you're name is done in ll33t speak and it also says sniper in it, but you are calling or implying others as CODsofters? Get out of my thread kid. Stop being butthurt like a child because you're F2000 looks like a CODsofters dream.

Everyone in this thread needs to calm down, be civil to each other, and stay on topic.

Let's refresh our memories about some of the general ASF rules.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Asf-Comp...ard-t95031.html

EDIT by Airborne101: Thread cleaned. Do not derail threads.

Edited by airborne101