Sign in to follow this  
Confuzled

Good Base Ak

You are doing it the wrong way around. Buy a gun with nice externals, internals are much easier than externals to upgrade, especially on an AK.

Look at 3 brands for an AEG AK (In order)

1. LCT

2. VFC

3. DBOYS

You cannot go wrong with any of those, they all have awesome steel externals (go for full steel if buying Dboys). The internal quality of all of them is okay, I would recommend you do some tuning like AoE and re-shimming, etc.

I won't comment on buying a rail system for an AK. :a-wink:

Hm, thanks for the input. Lol I actually like the way the AK looks with rails :P. I was hoping to make something like the beta project AK, but probably less rails

That's called fitting a TAPCO Interfuse stock from a real steel onto an airsoft AK. Either that or you switch out the handguards of a full railed AK to just a plain black one.

JG released their own copy of a the Mag-K. The last time I checked it was on Airsplat. It doesn't come with the MOE stock, but it has the dual charging handle, the rail system, the SAW grip, and the buffer tube. So it'd be something you could consider.

Honestly, I'd rather have a nice steel DBOYS. But I prefer "pure" AK's.

Yeah, I like the idea of having options but everyone has an m4

I meant body not stock lol. But not everyone has an M4, I have a G36 and an AK-74. But yeah, that new JG thing at Airsplat would be something you could look into, JG isn't too bad of a company.

I read reviews on it, it seems the internals arent all that great. Would it be smart to buy the gun and a couple upgrade parts or just over time upgrade them?

It depends. If you want a war machine right away, go ahead and get the upgrades. If you want to see how it performs out of the box first, just wait until you notice something acting up, then upgrade.

I see, I was looking on airsoft gi and there are gearbox parts that are specific to certain gun models. Does that mean if I were to upgrade I have to get ak specific parts?

Well for certain parts yes. But for things like the motor, piston, spring and gears it's just generic. You have long motors, medium motors, short motors, 6mm-9mm gears, different weight springs etc.