to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
tyqre

KWA KMP9 Mag feeding like crap

So It looks like its either the mag or the bbs. What I have observed happening is that the bottom bb of the sock wedges up next to the next bb in line and jams its self in there stopping the flow of bbs. Can the sides of the mags wear down or something? or do I have crappy bbs or something? They are TSD .25's. I've used them for ever with no issues but maybe they are good enough or something. Thoughts?

Take the follower and spring out and clean it all with rubbing alcohol. Then lightly (can't stres lightly enough) with silicone. Then wipe it down really well and try again.

I did clean the track although I left the spring in. I don't have any silicon oil on me right now but I will try it soon, my friend has some.

This is a very consistent problem with the mp9 mags. You absolutely must pull the spring out and clean the track, spring, and follower thoroughly. In New Mexico blow dirt and pretty much the whole d<AT>mn desert gets stuck in our mags, and I pretty much clean them after every use.

To make matters worse the mat black paint on the mags, (Including the track) will wear off and cause problems as well. Recently I got tired of cleaning my mags each time, and began trying to find a way to fix this issue. The most success that I have had came when I dremeled certain parts of the follower down, and used a light coat of heavy duty silicon. However this is still in testing, and I'm not sure it is worth the effort quite yet.

The best thing you can do to the mags is rub the track down with alcohol, or some sort of degreaser. I them take a q-tip and really make sure that all of the dirt and grime is out of the track. At this point I them submerge all of my mags in a sink full of water as hot as I can get is to insure that all of the alcohol/degreaser is gone. From here I use relatively heavy grade silicone, but instead of applying this to the track, I put the silicon on the back of the follower and run it up and down until the coat is even.

An intensive cleaning, and some higher grade ammo might significantly reduce your chances of jamming.