Sign in to follow this  
Guest aeg

upgrade for cyma ak47 electric blowback full metal

Guest aeg

I have a cyma ak47 electric blowback full metal aeg. I have been doing some browsing and want to for surely upgrade to the fullest power it can handle. I need some input on products to get. First I was thinking of getting a pd ss 5000 airsoft spring. The only problem is I don't know if an aeg gearbox can hold a sniper spring like this one. I want to also get a motor than can pull back this powerful of spring. Preferably the highest torque possible to make sure no flaws come about. I am not worried about rate of fire only the damage it will deal. I also wanted to get a 6 milspec v2 billet gearbox. I do not know where I can get any of these products so if you could reference or hyperlink me some sites that would be great. I would love your input on maybe parts that are even more powerful or will hold up to the pressure better than the ones I listed. Also I could use some recommendations on other parts to get like the piston, trigger, wiring, etc. I basically need a full parts list of the things I would need to pull back the spring or hold the pressure without breaking quickly. Thank you!

Where to even start....... ummmm...... you'll want to go to mechbox.com and learn a bit about your rifle before you delve into all of this. It'll teach you a lot of the basics you'll need to know, because an airsoft guns particularly a high power one is a lot more than the sum of about 1K in performance parts.

Guest aeg
Where to even start....... ummmm...... you'll want to go to mechbox.com and learn a bit about your rifle before you delve into all of this. It'll teach you a lot of the basics you'll need to know, because an airsoft guns particularly a high power one is a lot more than the sum of about 1K in performance parts.

I went onto the sight and my gun isn't listed on there... is there anywhere else I could go to see the internal parts of my gun without opening up the mech box?

Guest aeg
The site is down right now but IIRC, they list how to disassemble a Tokyo Marui AK. Your CYMA is a clone of that so that would be a great place to start.

okay, I know how to disassemble it now but is there anyway I can find out like other things like if it is a short motor or long, what type of parts will fit in the mechbox and I still need help with sites to get the pieces mentioned above or recommendations for parts that will give me the most fps and will hold up

Well you can do some research. You would find that AK's use V3 parts, and use a short motor.

The PD SS 5000 spring (whatever that is) as you said is a sniper rifle spring. Your gun requires an AEG spring

The highest torque motor you can buy is a JG Blue, however if you are willing to do some custom work, you can take a Chaoli motor and put it in a neodymium can but this sounds over your head right now.

The "6 milspec v2 billet (again, whatever that is) will not work in your gun because your gun uses a V3 gearbox. Not a V2.

Popular places to buy parts are:

Airsoftgi.com

EhobbyAsia.com

Evike.com

AirsoftAtlanta.com

There are many more that you can find through researching, but those 4 should get you started.

At this point I think you need to consider just sitting back and doing a lot of reading and research. It is pretty clear from you post that you don't have much idea of what you are doing. Combine that with trying to upgrade, and you are going to break stuff, run into issues that you don't know how to handle, and spend a lot of money that you really don't need to spend.

If you are really dead set on "upgrading" your gun, I would start by doing all the stuff that is linked in the guide in my signature. These are cheap ways to increase the performance and reliably of your airsoft gun and they would give you a great way to learn how to work on your gun without spending a ton of money on things you don't need.

One last thing, people are more willing to help people who do some of the legwork on their own. Members here and on many other sites don't like people who just come here and ask them to spoon feed them info, especially when they show hardly any sign of doing their own research. As I said before, taking some time to research would really help you a long way in many aspects.

Guest aeg
Well you can do some research. You would find that AK's use V3 parts, and use a short motor.

The PD SS 5000 spring (whatever that is) as you said is a sniper rifle spring. Your gun requires an AEG spring

The highest torque motor you can buy is a JG Blue, however if you are willing to do some custom work, you can take a Chaoli motor and put it in a neodymium can but this sounds over your head right now.

The "6 milspec v2 billet (again, whatever that is) will not work in your gun because your gun uses a V3 gearbox. Not a V2.

Popular places to buy parts are:

Airsoftgi.com

EhobbyAsia.com

Evike.com

AirsoftAtlanta.com

There are many more that you can find through researching, but those 4 should get you started.

At this point I think you need to consider just sitting back and doing a lot of reading and research. It is pretty clear from you post that you don't have much idea of what you are doing. Combine that with trying to upgrade, and you are going to break stuff, run into issues that you don't know how to handle, and spend a lot of money that you really don't need to spend.

If you are really dead set on "upgrading" your gun, I would start by doing all the stuff that is linked in the guide in my signature. These are cheap ways to increase the performance and reliably of your airsoft gun and they would give you a great way to learn how to work on your gun without spending a ton of money on things you don't need.

One last thing, people are more willing to help people who do some of the legwork on their own. Members here and on many other sites don't like people who just come here and ask them to spoon feed them info, especially when they show hardly any sign of doing their own research. As I said before, taking some time to research would really help you a long way in many aspects.

Thanks for knowing so much about products for airsoft guns and thinking im just sitting here waiting for you to tell me nothing that I didn't already know and tell me how uneducated I am. In fact I have been all over the internet finding the best parts like things you have no idea about. The only question I had was if they would fit since you are so much of an expert. You don't even know what products im talking about, now I think you should get educated on parts for airsoft guns. These are the best parts posted many people but no where did they say the guns they would be compatible with.

Thanks for knowing so much about products for airsoft guns and thinking im just sitting here waiting for you to tell me nothing that I didn't already know and tell me how uneducated I am. In fact I have been all over the internet finding the best parts like things you have no idea about. The only question I had was if they would fit since you are so much of an expert. You don't even know what products im talking about, now I think you should get educated on parts for airsoft guns. These are the best parts posted many people but no where did they say the guns they would be compatible with.

I never cease to be amazed by the indignation from people such as yourself, particularly when addressing not only a senior member but a forum administrator, who incredibly tactfully mentioned that you're asking some pretty elementary question like the cross compatibility of V2 and V3 gearboxes. I hope some day you do acquire the proficiency you desire, and will have the opportunity to reflect on this post you just made.

I did a quick google search of a PD SS 5000 spring and it didn't come up If these are truly the best parts out there then I would have expected them to turn up in a search. On top of that, I would have expected several people to know about them and discuss them on this forum and others. Perhaps you could point me to the products, as well as where everyone is saying that they are the best.

Edited by airborne101

For the spring he mention was asking http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Airsoft-PDI-...ing-p/66278.htm

which obviously states its for a boltrifle only.

And I believe the billet he means a buffertube converter to use a m4 stock?

Guest alberty

I think he was thinking of this "Billet Alloy V2 Gearboxes", second search result when I searched "6 milspec v2 billet gearbox" in Google.

If you're actually trying to upgrade your gun, you have a long way to go. You need to learn the basics of the basics if you are not even sure if a V2 gearbox shell will work in your AK-47 AEG.

Don't resort to getting angry when we're trying to help tell you that you probably don't know what you're getting into. You need to start from the beginning.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with asking about parts compatibility. Often, users on this forum will create threads with a list of specific part, only needing a bit of advice on a few parts meshing here and there, but what we see from your posts however indicate that you don't know the basics yet.

Edited by alberty

Guest aeg
I think he was thinking of this "Billet Alloy V2 Gearboxes", second search result when I searched "6 milspec v2 billet gearbox" in Google.

If you're actually trying to upgrade your gun, you have a long way to go. You need to learn the basics of the basics if you are not even sure if a V2 gearbox shell will work in your AK-47 AEG.

Don't resort to getting angry when we're trying to help tell you that you probably don't know what you're getting into. You need to start from the beginning.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with asking about parts compatibility. Often, users on this forum will create threads with a list of specific part, only needing a bit of advice on a few parts meshing here and there, but what we see from your posts however indicate that you don't know the basics yet.

The spring is found at http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Airsoft-PDI-...ing-p/66278.htm

I didn't know if bolt action rifles had the same springs as aeg's or if they were the same size that Is why I asked if they would work in a v3 mechbox

The 6 milspec v2 billet gearbox can be discussed at http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/lofivers...php/t43836.html

There is also many sites when I searched that said "best gearbox" and "indestructible" this gearbox is unheard of because it came out by a guy a few years back and that is why I was asking if anyone knew where I could go to get one, no one has ever had this gearbox crack with crazy setups on them

Only "indestructible" gearbox are the prowins(which are for v2 only). If you also looked that billet gearbox(the thread was back in 06) is a v2 not v3. Back then they also did not have the stuff we have now. You can make or have someone tune up/make you a very nice gearbox if your wanting to drop in the cash for it. If you would like a custom gearbox feel free to pm me and we can discuss it if you like.

Edited by Epiphany

They might also be the Maythes (or something close to that) That gearbox is no longer in production and was also V2 only.

My suggestion for a good gearbox would be the Lonex 8mm gearbox. Obviously nothing is indestructible, but that gearbox would hold up well, especially if things like sorbo were used, and you radiused the font corners of the cylinder window.

As for springs, you need to used AEG springs specifically. Bolt action sniper rifle springs are longer and are not compatible with AEGs. Most anything from this list should work. Notice that it is under AEG internals.

As for the rest of the internals you might need, we need to know the spring power, or at least fps with .20g bbs that you want to be shooting before we can recommend upgrade parts. If you were simply using a M120 spring (400fps with .20g) then the stock gearbox would be sufficient. If you were going for a M190 (625fps with .20g) then we would have to suggest a vastly different list.

Only "indestructible" gearbox are the prowins(which are for v2 only). If you also looked that billet gearbox(the thread was back in 06) is a v2 not v3. Back then they also did not have the stuff we have now. You can make or have someone tune up/make you a very nice gearbox if your wanting to drop in the cash for it. If you would like a custom gearbox feel free to pm me and we can discuss it if you like.

Side note:

not to nitpick, but the Prowins aren't indestructible either. The bolt that forms the spine of the gearbox is in fact quite strong, but its threads simply strip when you exceed its load limit. That is rather high, lets be clear, but its perfectly doable especially if you wanted to be an :censored2: and try to break it on purpose. :P

Hey guys I have a ak47 airsoft getting 400 fps. I was looking for your input on which motor I should use to pull a airsoft surgeon spring stage 6, or a m190. I need a motor with plenty of torque to pull this powerful of spring. I am not to worried about rps because it will only be fired on semi. Ive heard of some motors like matrix magnum but idk how strong of spring it can pull after none of the sites said. Basically I am asking for your input on which motor to use that will pull back no problem and will last the longest. Price is not an issue. Also I could use your input on which spring to get for max fps out of these 2 or any other. Thanks! Your input is very appreciative and will be taken into consideration!

Hey guys I have a ak47 airsoft getting 400 fps. I was looking for your input on which motor I should use to pull a airsoft surgeon spring stage 6, or a m190. I need a motor with plenty of torque to pull this powerful of spring. I am not to worried about rps because it will only be fired on semi. Ive heard of some motors like matrix magnum but idk how strong of spring it can pull after none of the sites said. Basically I am asking for your input on which motor to use that will pull back no problem and will last the longest. Price is not an issue. Also I could use your input on which spring to get for max fps out of these 2 or any other. Thanks! Your input is very appreciative and will be taken into consideration!

Matrix are crap.

Lonex a2 orange torque motor can pretty much pull anything and give it a good Rof.

Systema magnum is decent good.

I think the Jg blue could do it too but not sure about this.

I would get the Lonex a2 orange.

Matrix are crap.

Lonex a2 orange torque motor can pretty much pull anything and give it a good Rof.

Systema magnum is decent good.

I think the Jg blue could do it too but not sure about this.

I would get the Lonex a2 orange.

you know NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matrix Magnums are some of the best motors I've ever used. a JG blue has higher TPA than any lonex motor. Systema magnum is the same as a Lonex A1 in the torque department give or take.

Matrix Magnum motors are at best inconsistent and significantly more expensive than whatever brand they're painting over to put "matrix" on the side on any given day. *shrug* They have rebranded good motors, but they've also rebranded lousy motors so its kinda like a motor mystery box. Actually whenever you order anything from Evike its basically a mystery box, because they wantonly relabel and rebrand off-brand or inexpensive ACM products and sell them as competitors to, or the original brand of, vastly superior products. Its not accidental, their suppliers are rather annoyed with them because Evike blames them, incorrectly, for "counterfeits." This is beside the point.

If you're really looking for a high torque motor, what I'd recommend is yank your stock motor, and buy some inexpensive neodymium magnet motor. Swap armatures between them. Don't know what brand AK you're running, but most run ferrous motors which have a high turn count so you can swap between that and get a very high torque motor. Alternately you can just cut down the shaft length of a JG blue. Or just buy a short motor. Most neodymium magnet motors hover around 16TPA, which technically makes them high speed motors.

Matrix Magnum motors are at best inconsistent and significantly more expensive than whatever brand they're painting over to put "matrix" on the side on any given day. *shrug* They have rebranded good motors, but they've also rebranded lousy motors so its kinda like a motor mystery box. Actually whenever you order anything from Evike its basically a mystery box, because they wantonly relabel and rebrand off-brand or inexpensive ACM products and sell them as competitors to, or the original brand of, vastly superior products. Its not accidental, their suppliers are rather annoyed with them because Evike blames them, incorrectly, for "counterfeits." This is beside the point.

If you're really looking for a high torque motor, what I'd recommend is yank your stock motor, and buy some inexpensive neodymium magnet motor. Swap armatures between them. Don't know what brand AK you're running, but most run ferrous motors which have a high turn count so you can swap between that and get a very high torque motor. Alternately you can just cut down the shaft length of a JG blue. Or just buy a short motor. Most neodymium magnet motors hover around 16TPA, which technically makes them high speed motors.

I have a cyma ak47 electric blowback full metal

They might also be the Maythes (or something close to that) That gearbox is no longer in production and was also V2 only.

My suggestion for a good gearbox would be the Lonex 8mm gearbox. Obviously nothing is indestructible, but that gearbox would hold up well, especially if things like sorbo were used, and you radiused the font corners of the cylinder window.

As for springs, you need to used AEG springs specifically. Bolt action sniper rifle springs are longer and are not compatible with AEGs. Most anything from this list should work. Notice that it is under AEG internals.

As for the rest of the internals you might need, we need to know the spring power, or at least fps with .20g bbs that you want to be shooting before we can recommend upgrade parts. If you were simply using a M120 spring (400fps with .20g) then the stock gearbox would be sufficient. If you were going for a M190 (625fps with .20g) then we would have to suggest a vastly different list.

I found out the sniper rifle spring wont work and am now deciding between a m190 or a airsoft sturgeon stage 6 spring and am looking for input on which spring will get me the most fps or any even higher fps spring that is out there. The spring power I am trying to achieve is to obtain a minimum of 600fps with .20 but am striving for the highest fbs spring on the market saying as though I cant find any m200 but I know they make them. I could also use your help on a high torque motor to get. I need to find one that will achieve the highest torque to pull back a m190+ spring with the highest rof. I would like your input on which motor to use that wouldn't have a problem with this crazy setup and will last long. I really appreciate the input you have given me so far and any future! Btw this is still aeg, but I have a new account because I forgot my password for the other one

Edited by 00_12345

I have merged your 2 threads because they are very similar and pertain to the same gun.

I would suggest either the JG blue, or if your motor has the words Chaoli on the outside of the can, take the armature out and put the armature in a neodymium can. You will get a LOT of torque that way too, but the JG Blue is the most readily available motor with the most torque on the airsoft market right now. Airsoftmegastore.com carries them for $35 I believe.

I have merged your 2 threads because they are very similar and pertain to the same gun.

I would suggest either the JG blue, or if your motor has the words Chaoli on the outside of the can, take the armature out and put the armature in a neodymium can. You will get a LOT of torque that way too, but the JG Blue is the most readily available motor with the most torque on the airsoft market right now. Airsoftmegastore.com carries them for $35 I believe.

with so much torque, will the fps be down? Will the jg blue have more torque or will the switching of the armature? How much fps would you expect with a jg blue motor and a m190 spring in an ak?

Motors do not affect FPS. If a M190 spring puts out 625fps, It will put out that power whether you use a stock motor or a super high torque motor. If you get a stock Chaoli motor and put it in a neodymium magnet can, the Chaoli will have more torque than the JG blue.

I believe the JG Blue has 28 turns-per-armature and the Chaoli has 32 TPA. Given the strength of the magnets are the same, more TPA means more torque.

Motors do not affect FPS. If a M190 spring puts out 625fps, It will put out that power whether you use a stock motor or a super high torque motor. If you get a stock Chaoli motor and put it in a neodymium magnet can, the Chaoli will have more torque than the JG blue.

I believe the JG Blue has 28 turns-per-armature and the Chaoli has 32 TPA. Given the strength of the magnets are the same, more TPA means more torque.

Okay thanks, I also wondered which would have more rps, Ive read the jg blue has low rate of fire and bad trigger response. If I switched armatures would I have a higher rate of fire than the jg blue and a good trigger response?

JG Blues, provided they have the neodymium magnet (some out there don't) will have some of the best trigger response. Torque and trigger response go hand in hand. More torque means better trigger response.

RPS is the inverse of the torque. More torque means lower RPS. Consequently, less torque generally means higher RPS. Higher speed motors have less TPA. The JG Blue does about 18000rpm on a 11.1v battery. On 18:1 ratio gears, that is about 16-17rps. On a heavy spring like the M190, that will drop a bit.

If you swap armatures with the Chaoli, which has 32 TPA, you will have a slower ROF than the JG Blue which has 28 TPA.

JG Blues, provided they have the neodymium magnet (some out there don't) will have some of the best trigger response. Torque and trigger response go hand in hand. More torque means better trigger response.

RPS is the inverse of the torque. More torque means lower RPS. Consequently, less torque generally means higher RPS. Higher speed motors have less TPA. The JG Blue does about 18000rpm on a 11.1v battery. On 18:1 ratio gears, that is about 16-17rps. On a heavy spring like the M190, that will drop a bit.

If you swap armatures with the Chaoli, which has 32 TPA, you will have a slower ROF than the JG Blue which has 28 TPA.

So since torque and trigger response come together, a switch of armatures would have the highest torque and trigger response so that almost seems like the best option to go if my motor says chaoli on it? Will the gun be able to shoot good on semiautomatic which means it will be able to shoot shot after shot? what are the boundaries on how fast to pull shots off? without the motor getting too hot and ruining the gears is what I mean

Edited by 00_12345

If the only thing your doing is swapping the spring and motor especially what I mean is throwing in a m190 spring without upgrading anything else. Your gunna have a nice new paper weight.

If the only thing your doing is swapping the spring and motor especially what I mean is throwing in a m190 spring without upgrading anything else. Your gunna have a nice new paper weight.

no I will eventually be redoing the gearbox. I am using 16 awg wiring, helical infinite torque up gears and I will be replacing the piston with a half teeth, piston head and cylinder and possibly gearbox depending on if my v3 will hold up. I am focusing on one part at a time but will eventually get there lol

no I will eventually be redoing the gearbox. I am using 16 awg wiring, helical infinite torque up gears and I will be replacing the piston with a half teeth, piston head and cylinder and possibly gearbox depending on if my v3 will hold up. I am focusing on one part at a time but will eventually get there lol

Don't bother with helical infinite torque up gears. Helical doesn't give you any bonus in airsoft as they are too thin to make take any extra load, and just become a pain to shim. You also don't need infinite toque up either because motors like the JG Blue can pull M190+ with a good battery on stock ratio (18:1) gears. The MOST you would need for gears would be the balanced 20:1 or torque up 27:1 that Siegetek Concepts makes. They are without a doubt the best brand of gears you can buy.

Not sure why you would want half teeth piston (although I suppose you might need one with the infinite torque gears) but if you stick with the 2 gears I linked, you can use a full tooth piston. The full tooth piston will handle the load of the spring much better than the half teeth will. Something like a Lonex Red would work really well here.

Edited by airborne101

Yes, you should do it on every style you want. I've seen all sorts of gun shells crack. V3 aren't much more reinforced then a v2, and depending on your cylinder head and the contact it has on the front of your shell also determines the force area is applied. I've honestly seen even v6's crack. Gotta be safe think safe and prolonging when doing tech work for others xD

Why wouldn't you? I've seen blown V3s. Actually on an aluminum GB this is particularly pertinent because alu. won't immediately fail, but it basically will continue to elongate until it does fail. Its really not the best material for this application, but I guess we've deemed it adequate. :P Sorry to nitpick. Why am I always nitpicking? Maybe I should just STFU.

okay so if the v3 would crack under the stress what gearbox would you recommend that would sustain the pressure without breaking?

Your gun uses a v3, you can't use any other version. Also, no one said it WOULD definitively crack. There is a POSSIBILITY of it cracking. Radiusing the cylinder window, and using sorbothane on the cylinder head are a great way to greatly reduce the possibility of it happening.

Your gun uses a v3, you can't use any other version. Also, no one said it WOULD definitively crack. There is a POSSIBILITY of it cracking. Radiusing the cylinder window, and using sorbothane on the cylinder head are a great way to greatly reduce the possibility of it happening.

would the lonex red extreme toughness work in my ak? My gun has electric blowback and was wondering if I got this piston if I could still run the blowback?