Sign in to follow this  
EGOKILLER

So ARES is coming out with a lot of cool sniper rifles

But the question is, can they finally make one that shoots decent out of the box? :a-surrender:

I wish they made the WA2000 more affordable. Not that I'm a huge WA2000 fanboy, but it'd be a cool peice to own. Plus it's one of few BASR that don't look like a M24 variant. Honestly it sort of sucks it can't be made cheaply from another gun. I made my PSG-1 from a G3 base which costed half of the price of a TM PSG-1. I wish JG or some china company made a WA2000.

The M99 Snow Wolf is just way too heavy to use, I been looking to buy a BASR for winter games. I like having unique guns that stand out in an ocean of M4s, AKs and G36s.

Edited by Dawnzero

PS Dawnzero, WA2000 is semi-auto :a-laugh:

Red Wolf Airsoft

Product Brand: ARES

Product Code: SR-007

Hop-Up: ADJUSTABLE

Weight: 6,700 g

Length: 960 mm

Capacity: 50 rds

Power: 360 fps

Power Source: Spring Cocking

Blowback: NO

Shooting Mode: Single Action

Airsplat

Description:

The ARES Full Metal / Real Wood WA 2000 is a perfect replica of the real WA 2000 by Walther. The wood is very high quality that looks and feels great in your hands. ARES has been making amazingly realistic and accurate guns ever since they worked with STAR airsoft and this gun is no exception. Everything from the bipod to the adjustable stock is exquisite as you would expect from ARES. This gun is officially licensed by Walther allowing perfect trade marks. A replica non-working magazine is located in the rear of the gun just the real version and comes with replica 7.62 rounds that fit nicely in the magazine. The gun is loaded via a brass tube at the front of the gun and holds 50 rounds of 6mm BB. The gun is powered by spring and functions like a bolt action rifle.

Specifications:

Length: 960mm

Muzzle Velocity: 360fps

Magazine Capacity: 50

Do research.

Edited by Dawnzero

The Ares WA2000 is a springer bolt action, I have one and I bought it fairly cheap brand new from a shop that was closing!

I keep it just for collection, it a really bad gun!

Don't expect a decent gun from Ares, they advertise them as "VSR compatible" and check here what's compatible: http://www.airsoftza.co.za/forum/viewtopic...=61&t=12051

If you want a good gun stay away from Ares... I have 3 Ares sniper rifles before anyone jumps on me! I keep them for collection, every time I play with them either a piece will fell and get lost or there will be an unforeseen problem and the gun won't shoot!

Wolf

I know what you mean, I own a completely custom SR25(not many built up ones around here) and a PSG-1(not many floating around period) I do like the slightly rare guns. I'm really digging the MS338 and the M200 but get a bad vibe about both. Whenever I find a review on either it's usually a garbage a** review or saying that the gun shoots, sub par..... I don't have a problem with upgrading the internals but you would think for the 450-1200 dollar prices you would get a gun that shoots decent. they claim that their new guns are VSR 10 parts compatible.... we'll see. Either way, I think ill just sit back and seee what some "average" consumers have to say about them.

I know what you mean, I own a completely custom SR25(not many built up ones around here) and a PSG-1(not many floating around period) I do like the slightly rare guns. I'm really digging the MS338 and the M200 but get a bad vibe about both. Whenever I find a review on either it's usually a garbage a** review or saying that the gun shoots, sub par..... I don't have a problem with upgrading the internals but you would think for the 450-1200 dollar prices you would get a gun that shoots decent. they claim that their new guns are VSR 10 parts compatible.... we'll see. Either way, I think ill just sit back and seee what some "average" consumers have to say about them.

I have a lot of both SR-25 and PSG-1 :P

Love them.

MSR338 is a wall hanger, it's barely VSR compatible.

M200 isn't much better either.

However I think I'm pretty lucky with their DSR-1 lol

There have being a lot of negative reviews on it both in and out of the states.

However, the stock performance was pretty nice for me. (Probably cause I got the one that use VSR bucking/barrel?)

Red Wolf Airsoft

Product Brand: ARES

Product Code: SR-007

Hop-Up: ADJUSTABLE

Weight: 6,700 g

Length: 960 mm

Capacity: 50 rds

Power: 360 fps

Power Source: Spring Cocking

Blowback: NO

Shooting Mode: Single Action

Airsplat

Description:

The ARES Full Metal / Real Wood WA 2000 is a perfect replica of the real WA 2000 by Walther. The wood is very high quality that looks and feels great in your hands. ARES has been making amazingly realistic and accurate guns ever since they worked with STAR airsoft and this gun is no exception. Everything from the bipod to the adjustable stock is exquisite as you would expect from ARES. This gun is officially licensed by Walther allowing perfect trade marks. A replica non-working magazine is located in the rear of the gun just the real version and comes with replica 7.62 rounds that fit nicely in the magazine. The gun is loaded via a brass tube at the front of the gun and holds 50 rounds of 6mm BB. The gun is powered by spring and functions like a bolt action rifle.

Specifications:

Length: 960mm

Muzzle Velocity: 360fps

Magazine Capacity: 50

Do research.

The ARES WA2000 is a springer but the real steel is gas operated.

EDI- you do have some very nice rifles and I too own a couple of SR25's but I have 1 that is tricked out beyond tricking out lol the DSR you have is the version 2? I heard that the version 2 was better than the lighter gray version 1? don't remember who told me this correct me if I'm wrong.

Tom- I've heard about the china lake idea getting stolen by ARES, its sad to see companies take advantage of the little people (consumers) but on the same note, this is why a lot of real steel folks hate china copied parts (pretty much every airsoft bolt on accessory available) from the Eotech's to the Aimpoints, to non licensed engraved m4 lowers to the Leupold clones. This "stealing" is much bigger than people realize, its just that when it hits home or happens to someone you know that you see it first hand.

Either way back on to the topic of Ares and their crap guns, I do like how the MS338 looks and will probably get one someday hopefully from a manufacturer that will have upgrade parts available for it. The new EDM200 Windrunner they made is very interesting, especially since its basically a lighter more portable version of the M200 Intervention and I wonder if the barrel unscrews like the real one. They must have sold a lot of the M200 and figured this one would sell as well? The M200 is ALSO another one I am eventually going to pick up lol, I personally think it is THE coolest looking sniper rifle on the market. <fanboy right here lol

I bought the WA2K $275 from a Greek store.

It's probably the worst of the Ares sniper rifles I own.

The DSR-1 is a sweet looking rifle but they could do it much better.

It's pretty sensitive, the bipods break easy, I lost some pins from the mag and the round base of one of the bipod's leg at the very first skirmish game I played with it!

The M200 IMO has the best potentials if you drill and tap the mag to use it with regulated HPA, it's much more durable than the DSR and has less moving parts, but it's significally heavier and longer.

Anyway I don't think it's worth buying any Ares gun but I admit they look good, I may buy one day a MSR338 but I dint think I'll ever use it. I wasn't convinced by the one I used. I'll wait to see their gas system but the whole story with the China Lake makes me thinking if I ever buy again another Ares product.

The V2 DSR-1 is silver(very light gray) top with black lower and AMP trades.

The V1 is dark grey top with black lower and police trades.

There's no differences between the two versions, the V2 passes supposedly better quality control.

I'd strongly suggest to invest your money on another platform.

Wolf

Thats a pretty good deal on that WA2000, I'm sorry to hear that it too had sub-par performance. I personally was never a fan of the design or weapon itself due to it being in direct competition with the better built(debatable) and better performing(proven fact) H&K PSG-1 which is also my favorite sniper rifle, can you tell? lol.

As far as investing in airsoft guns, I don't. I only invest in precious metals or stones. I do however thoroughly enjoy spending my money on these toys and just buying them to have fun with them. Fun, this is where Ares is lacking I believe. I don't think it's fun to buy something and not be able to enjoy it out of the box or upgrade it(if it's a sniper rifle it needs to shoot at least as good as an assault rifle!) anyways, enough with my personal interests/feelings and complaining about an incompetent company, I started this thread because I've seen a growing interest in airsoft sniper rifles, and with Ares releasing a couple of new models I'm hoping to get some real world feedback on them, maybe even some updates or (real)accuracy and performance tests with them. I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't want to buy a gun just to turn around and put it on craigslist or ebay lol

Well here goes nothin'

I just bought the ARES EDM M96 Windrunner in FDE. If anyone wants a review then I will do so. I would like to point out that this is my dream gun ever since encountering the RS version some years back, HOWEVER this china lake incident has made me angry. SO...in the interest of supporting the community, I will make sure to highlight how bad the system is (assuming...BANKING) on it being bad. I guess I hope it proves how much ARES deceives people with performance claims and the VSR compatibility thing.

That being said, I'm excited to receive my new paperweight! :type:

Edited by Second-hand Shooter

Well here goes nothin'

I just bought the ARES EDM M96 Windrunner in FDE. If anyone wants a review then I will do so. I would like to point out that this is my dream gun ever since encountering the RS version some years back, HOWEVER this china lake incident has made me angry. SO...in the interest of supporting the community, I will make sure to highlight how bad the system is (assuming...BANKING) on it being bad. I guess I hope it proves how much ARES deceives people with performance claims and the VSR compatibility thing.

Congrats on your purchase, the EDM Windrunner is a pretty cool looking rifle and I for one would like to see a review on it, mainly on the firing system, things like whether it is a single or 2 stage trigger, does it feel sturdy ie wobbly trigger or weird noses coming from inside and of course accuracy from a stable bench, if these aren't possible its fine, would like to see all of its functions regardless. Many thanks ahead of time!

Well here goes nothin'

Please mate make a Review... I'd love to read about it.

Wolf