coolthenate

Decent Sniper

Are there any airsoft snipers that shoot 450+ fps out of the box and do not break easily? If so, please comment and tell me; however, I want you to have had experience with the gun if you recomend it.

Carlos Hathcock was a pretty decent sniper. According to forum rules I have to entertain or answer your question as well. so my answer is yes. :a-yesnod:

Edited by EGOKILLER

Guest alberty

A high FPS does not equal good quality/performance. There are some sniper rifles which may shoot that high out of the box, but they could have sears break, be gas-powered, or be something custom and expensive, pretty much out of your budget...

What you need is a good sniper rifle platform that you can put good hop into or has a good hop-up out of the box.

A high FPS does not equal good quality/performance. There are some sniper rifles which may shoot that high out of the box, but they could have sears break, be gas-powered, or be something custom and expensive, pretty much out of your budget...

What you need is a good sniper rifle platform that you can put good hop into or has a good hop-up out of the box.

^Yuuuuuuup. I, too, was once young and convinced I was gonna be the ultimate One Shot One Kill airsoft sniping BMF. I burned through a Well MB06 (broken sears), a BAR-10 (never got a shot on somebody), a G&G G96 (power inconsistency and the bolt froze) and an Echo1 M28 (mags cracked and trigger mech fell off).

The only sniper rifle I've had that didn't break and had around 400 fps is my M82, and that's basically a really heavy AR. I still have the M28 but it needed a buttload of TLC before it was worth playing with.

You're gonna put a lot of work into an airsoft gun in order to get it to the level of performance and reliability you want, especially if you want to use it for long range accuracy and power.

Are there any airsoft snipers that shoot 450+ fps out of the box and do not break easily? If so, please comment and tell me; however, I want you to have had experience with the gun if you recomend it.

Like they said, high FPS doesn't mean high performance. It most commonly means high chance of your gun slam firing or parts breaking. Best thing to do is to start wih your base rifle and upgrade accuracy&duracility (hop up&barrel should be #1, followed by trigger/piston sears OR the whole mechbox in general, then you can move over to the cylinder parts(spring should be the thing you upgrade once you knowyour sears&cylinder can handle a stronger spring. Ex. Echo 1 M28 wil slam fire because it shoots too hot than the sears can handle causing unnecessary wear on them. FPS is not what makes a sniper rifle great.

Honestly, stop arguing over semantics. Its idiotic, and extremely annoying.

Honestly, improper terminology and "video game slang" is idiotic and extremely annoying. So please stop defending ignorance. Thank you.

Guest alberty

Keep this on topic. Whether the right terminology is being used or not, please just try to stay on the main discussion topic of this thread or else we'll have to start "cleaning up" posts. Thank you.

OP, I recommend you look into the TM VSR-10 platform. A cheaper clone of it would be the JG BAR-10 if you need a cheaper base gun to start with. Another nice option is the Maruzen Type 96 / L96, but the clones (Well) need a lot of upgrading too.

There's alot more anger around here than I remember....O_o

You sound new to airsoft mate, start your career with an AEG and discover yourself as a player and the capabilities of airsoft weapons first. Sniper rifles don't perform out of the box, it takes time, money and knowledge. Knowledge that you first have to gain ;)

Guest alberty
Too much testosterone! Take a cold shower boys!

Check out the G&G L96 G96 it's gas if you don't mind that. I do know a lot of people prefer electric when it comes to rifles but be different!

Not electric for sniper rifles, unless you're talking about the Real Sword SVD system or the TM PSG-1.

Gas and HPA are good options for sniper rifles too, but most likely not what the OP understands yet.

Please, there is no need to rage over improper usage of terms or people who try to correct them. Is it really such a big deal that you will need to spend time typing out retorts? I don't see big Internet fights over bandage vs. Band-Aid.

(Please don't comment whether you are for or against that, that is just my input on the terminology fight).

First of all, I am not ignorant or stupid. Secondly, the bottom line appears to be that there is no reliable sub$350 sniper out there, which will not require upgrades( the same seems to apply to most AEGs).

I don't think anybody meant YOU are ignorant, just the majority.

Anyways, almost all airsoft guns are going to need upgrades over time, but an AEG will perform better in the field stock than a sniper rifle if taken care of properly. And if you do get a sniper rifle but don't want to upgrade it yourself, there are techs who will do it or you can have a friend help you so you learn how to yourself. It's honestly just easier to get an AEG, most don't need any tune ups right out of the box(depending on how much you are wiling to spend).

The G&G L96 has been known to shoot hotter than field sniper rifle designations (think 550+ FPS). It's gas, meaning that its shot-to-shot FPS consistency isn't going to be as good as spring rifles out-of-the-box. It'll also end up being spendier to maintain compared to spring guns because it needs gas as well as lubrication and cleaning. If you can set yourself up with an HPA rig, though, you'll have a pretty good gun; however, HPA doesn't come cheap, nor is it easy to set up if you don't have the tools readily available.

I'll second alberty's suggestion to go with a VSR/BAR or spring L96. Of course, stock, you'll get similar performance from any decent AEG out there.

I recommend t asgi custom g98. it is fully upgraded. it has 550 fps with .20 gram bbs ( I use .30 grams and it shoots at about 450fps ). and is extremely accurate. I have had it for about a year and I love it. the only con is that when I got I shot it about 100 times and little tiny screws started to fall out of it and because of that I had a misfire and almost shot my dad in the foot. heres the link if you are interested

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7930

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7963

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7471

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7962

( 4 different versions to choose from, I have the third one

I'm new to airsoft. I'm wishing to have airsoft snipers when I'm on the battlefield but I don't know how to use or how can I get one

Guest alberty
I'm new to airsoft. I'm wishing to have airsoft snipers when I'm on the battlefield but I don't know how to use or how can I get one

What you do is buy one from a retailer and start using it. If you need more help, you'll need to create your own thread instead of taking over this one.