to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
SJ408

leonandlein - Stolen Username Scammer

So I ordered some parts from a rather "new" member on this site, joining within the past 2 weeks with only 3 posts. Sent money through Paypal as goods, although he did want a Gift Payment. I see nothing wrong yet. I pay, he says it'll ship either Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Wednesday comes and no update so I PM him, no reply. PM him again twice Thursday and don't get a reply until late night saying he did ship it on Wednesday and sent messages out to all the people he sold to with tracking # (which I never got, and he says it must be an isolated issue only to me), but he threw away the tracking # and said that he doesn't remember if he sent it through Parcel or Priority because he sent out ~10 packages on Wednesday. But he said it was a flat rate box so it was Priority, so I'm just like "okay, it should be here by early next week, at the latest." This is where it gets REALLY interesting.

He says he doesn't remember where I'm located, but that he's "fairly central" so I should have it be Tuesday latest, but I check his location through his profile and it says "Kent, WA." Definitely not central.. So I ask him "What state are you in/did you ship from?" knowing that if his location was in WA, he is lying. He messages me back saying "CO. Gotta go, later." and I check back on his profile location and he changed it to "Colorado." Only AFTER I asked him that question. When called out about the states thing, he says that he just forgot to update his info. He's been a member for about 10 days, so unless he made a major move within those 10 days or something, I don't see how he could get the two mixed up or why he would be so specific as to name a city in WA if it was just a "mistake."

BUT NOW I google that username and find an AirsoftSociety account and message him about this whole thing, he replies clueless saying that he has never sold me anything and hasn't ever possessed the items that were sold. In addition, the REAL leonandlein has an account on this forum named "Neil," this fake-leonandlein took the username and tried to sell under it.

I've come into contact with other members who have bought from this user and they are having trouble with him as well. This is a warning to avoid leonandlein on this forum.

Avoid this user and admins, please ban.

IMPORTANT: leonandlein on this forum is NOT connected to leonandlein on AirsoftSociety. The real leonandlein's ID on AirsoftForum is "Neil." Please do not confuse the two, I do not want to tarnish his good record on AirsoftSociety because of a scammer stealing his name.

Btw, I have screenshot proof to support these claims and have already filed a dispute against the scammer.

Again many thanks to informing me about this, I take pride in my reputation. A message has been sent to airborne (an admin) about this problem. For anyone who is wondering why my username is different on this is that I mistook the username for real name on here and never changed it so I am Neil (my real name) on this forum and leonandlein (my more common username) on the current other forums: airsoftsociety, airsoftohio, airsoftpacific, and reddit. If you have any questions please pm me here (as Neil) or preferably on airsoftsociety (as leonandlein), that is where I am most active.

Also to be safe when buying something ask for a photo with the username and the CURRENT date next to it. (he could steal those pics with outdated dates from my other forums and post them here) A true seller should have no problem doing this.

Thank you,

Neil

Edited by Neil

Guest leonandlein

Who the hell are you? Can I get a pic of you? I am attempting to refund those I can, however getting my money back is slow. Just a note, for every threat I receive, 1 less person WILL NOT get a refund.

Edited by leonandlein

Never send payment as gift unless you can bare the consequences.

Seems short, and mean, but that's just how it is. Seen it happen to many times, and it's plastered all over this site not to send as gift.

/thread.

On another note, an admin might want to sort out this ID theft thing that's going on. 2 people claiming they're the same person, fishy.

Edited by 'Raven'

Who the hell are you? Can I get a pic of you? I am attempting to refund those I can, however getting my money back is slow. Just a note, for every threat I receive, 1 less person WILL NOT get a refund.

Then please just refund me my money and we'll be done. But to further add to my case, please tell me why another person who bought from you says they were told that you were from Washington, while you tell me you're from Colorado?

Never send payment as gift unless you can bare the consequences.

Seems short, and mean, but that's just how it is. Seen it happen to many times, and it's plastered all over this site not to send as gift.

/thread.

On another note, an admin might want to sort out this ID theft thing that's going on. 2 people claiming they're the same person, fishy.

It was not a gift payment.

Guest leonandlein

Dear asf, I am having a serious problem. yes, I did bad things, but now some guy is trying to chase me down with cops all over 50 dollars or something. I cant refund until I get my money back from a few sales, and I really feel quite awful. I am trying my best to rectify as best I can but this guy keeps threatening me. please help.

Dear asf, I am having a serious problem. yes, I did bad things, but now some guy is trying to chase me down with cops all over 50 dollars or something. I cant refund until I get my money back from a few sales, and I really feel quite awful. I am trying my best to rectify as best I can but this guy keeps threatening me. please help.

????? cops? threatening?

Still didn't answer my question

Edited by SJ408

Guest leonandlein

its not you, its some guy named bigtony or something. idk if hes just bullying me or what.

its not you, its some guy named bigtony or something. idk if hes just bullying me or what.

That would be me mate. I have all of his texts stating he is scamming people, called paypal and they recieved claims against him, and I have his IP adress and cell phone coverage which is being looked up by my brother (who is a IL officer). This guy lives in MA, and I am going to make sure that once his report clears his name/adress/and phone number will be sent to all who would like.

-Cheers,

Tony

That would be me mate. I have all of his texts stating he is scamming people, called paypal and they recieved claims against him, and I have his IP adress and cell phone coverage which is being looked up by my brother (who is a IL officer). This guy lives in MA, and I am going to make sure that once his report clears his name/adress/and phone number will be sent to all who would like.

-Cheers,

Tony

Good info. Thank you!

Well it looks like he got me to. I bought a FN FAL from him and now out the money.

Peter

he's for real

Guy...if any money was sent and USPS tracking numbers were supposes to have been issued.

This is a FEDERAL OFFENSE and potential Felony Mail Fraud. The Postal Inspector General takes high notices of these crimes and are ready to assist.

Please present your finding and police reports to the Postal Inspector General.

Tony would you please pass those on to me. I work for a Sheriffs Office and I am sure between your brother and me we might be able to locate this guy. email me via the private message.

Peter

-Cheers,

Tony

Guest leonandlein

Dear Airsoftforum,

My son told me about what has happened here. I am very sorry to hear what he has done. I am looking in to as many ways as possible to issue refunds. My research is showing that PayPal will reimburse you for any purchases made, given all of you file a dispute in one way or another. In the mean time, my son is being grounded from all Internet access for the next month, if not more. I am very sorry this had to happen to you. While his intentions were good, his means were unacceptable. I thank you for getting him in to contacting me and I promise you, he will not be able to pull this stunt again.

Sir

With all due respect to you I do not believe a word that is said here. What you are writing does go with what was sent to me via an email a few hours ago. What I see here is you trying another way of getting out of paying. You have to have a paypal account to take money so the account was there backed by funds. And no pay pal just does not reimburse you for the money spent. A crime has been committed here and it needs to be deal with. I do not believe that your son told you anything and do not believe you are the dad. You forget that I have been around the block a few times and work in law enforcement and have heard it all including again the lies being told here. Now if I am wrong then I will step forward to say I apoligize for making that assumption. But in the last email I got about a couple of hours ago there was no apoligy nor any information as to the where abouts of my rifle or how my money was coming back. It stated in the same writing below that and in the same words about pay pal riembursement. So with that said here we are again with the same person telling more lies. If you are on the level then post your email and phone number for all of us who have been scammed to talk directly to you. You have dug yourself even a deeper hole than before by doing this is it is true. I have now the IP and will gain the rest of the information soon on what we need to find you. So the ball is in your court. My money will be returned within this week to the address sent or I will begin to research and find all the information I need to press legal charges. I am playing no more games with you. I tried to reason and approach you in a humanitory manner as I do a common crimianl I deal with. But reason and approach has now passed. So if not here by friday this week I will pursue this in a leagal way. As Harry Truman would say "The Buck Stops Here"

Dear Airsoftforum,

My son told me about what has happened here. I am very sorry to hear what he has done. I am looking in to as many ways as possible to issue refunds. My research is showing that PayPal will reimburse you for any purchases made, given all of you file a dispute in one way or another. In the mean time, my son is being grounded from all Internet access for the next month, if not more. I am very sorry this had to happen to you. While his intentions were good, his means were unacceptable. I thank you for getting him in to contacting me and I promise you, he will not be able to pull this stunt again.

Dear Airsoftforum,

I'm sure as much as we would all LOVE to believe this is true and trust that you're telling the truth here, with the events that have taken place it is honestly almost impossible to. For all we know, you're just some guy sitting behind the computer screen continuing to play with our kind sides. What I don't understand is what happened to all the money that was sent to you/your son? I don't believe that it is all spent by now and that some instant Paypal refunds could be issued in a heartbeat, rather than making us play the wait game with a Paypal dispute that we're gonna win anyways. Truly have messed with the wrong people, and if more lies continue to be thrown around and you keep beating around the bush and wasting our time (and of course our money), I honestly would agree in some legal action taking place, since in this case, there are many connections to law enforcement now.

Guest leonandlein

I'm not playing the he said she said game. I am telling you now, we are doing everything we can to get your money back. I believe peter g was sent a screenshot proving that we have no control over the paypal account. I am doing everything in my power to refund you people. The fact you are getting worked up over what is really a very small amount of money is very interesting. If I had the money, I would personally refund you guys and simply cut off the allowance of my son for the next, ever. Unfortunately we are more than broke due to a recent passing and bills that came with it.

Again, you will get your money, just call PayPal, explain the situation, and it'll be fine.

I'm not playing the he said she said game. I am telling you now, we are doing everything we can to get your money back. I believe peter g was sent a screenshot proving that we have no control over the paypal account. I am doing everything in my power to refund you people. The fact you are getting worked up over what is really a very small amount of money is very interesting. If I had the money, I would personally refund you guys and simply cut off the allowance of my son for the next, ever. Unfortunately we are more than broke due to a recent passing and bills that came with it.

Again, you will get your money, just call PayPal, explain the situation, and it'll be fine.

Well would you not get worked up over spending money you earned only to not receive what you paid for, on top of already being taken advantage of? With you being in a financial situation, I'd assume you understand this completely. You wouldn't want to pay for your family's dinner only to not receive any of it once the money goes to the other party. I get what you're saying about lack of money, I have to pay for my grandma's multiple meds/pills every month and I've given up a University education because I could not afford any of the schools I got admitted into, which only adds to why I am pissed off about getting scammed off money that I have earned. I personally understand your situation, if it is true, but you also have to understand mine, and ALL of ours. We have all the reason to be upset. And you also have to understand that you coming out like this is VERY hard to believe after the previous events, regardless of if it was your son. All we know is that you're someone behind a username, and after the past situation there is no level of trust so of course it's gonna be hard to convince us. And at that, I'm done. Don't wanna go any further into this. I'm waiting for the Paypal claim to be closed so I can get my refund and I'm sure everyone else is to.

Edited by SJ408

You seem to think that money grows on trees and Paypal simply goes out there and picks it and then refunds people. This isn't the case. They take the money from YOUR account and refund the people that it was received from under the guise of a sale of items.

I also don't believe that you "don't have control" over the paypal account. If he was trying to "get money for his family" then why would he have payment sent to an account that he doesn't control.

As to people getting upset over "a very small amount of money" it doesn't matter if it's $1 or $1000, it is their money, and if they spend it, they are entitle to get something for it. That is how the world works. On top of that, most people work very hard for their money. Some people are getting it through allowances, mowing yards, working minimum wage jobs, etc. When I was still getting an allowance, it would take me 3 months to save up $50. When you are a kid, that is a long time. If you are truely as broke as you say you are, I am surprised that you show more value for $50 or whatever amount of money.

So I ordered some parts from a rather "new" member on this site, joining within the past 2 weeks with only 3 posts. Sent money through Paypal as goods, although he did want a Gift Payment. I see nothing wrong yet. I pay, he says it'll ship either Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Wednesday comes and no update so I PM him, no reply. PM him again twice Thursday and don't get a reply until late night saying he did ship it on Wednesday and sent messages out to all the people he sold to with tracking # (which I never got, and he says it must be an isolated issue only to me), but he threw away the tracking # and said that he doesn't remember if he sent it through Parcel or Priority because he sent out ~10 packages on Wednesday. But he said it was a flat rate box so it was Priority, so I'm just like "okay, it should be here by early next week, at the latest." This is where it gets REALLY interesting.

He says he doesn't remember where I'm located, but that he's "fairly central" so I should have it be Tuesday latest, but I check his location through his profile and it says "Kent, WA." Definitely not central.. So I ask him "What state are you in/did you ship from?" knowing that if his location was in WA, he is lying. He messages me back saying "CO. Gotta go, later." and I check back on his profile location and he changed it to "Colorado." Only AFTER I asked him that question. When called out about the states thing, he says that he just forgot to update his info. He's been a member for about 10 days, so unless he made a major move within those 10 days or something, I don't see how he could get the two mixed up or why he would be so specific as to name a city in WA if it was just a "mistake."

BUT NOW I google that username and find an AirsoftSociety account and message him about this whole thing, he replies clueless saying that he has never sold me anything and hasn't ever possessed the items that were sold. In addition, the REAL leonandlein has an account on this forum named "Neil," this fake-leonandlein took the username and tried to sell under it.

I've come into contact with other members who have bought from this user and they are having trouble with him as well. This is a warning to avoid leonandlein on this forum.

Avoid this user and admins, please ban.

IMPORTANT: leonandlein on this forum is NOT connected to leonandlein on AirsoftSociety. The real leonandlein's ID on AirsoftForum is "Neil." Please do not confuse the two, I do not want to tarnish his good record on AirsoftSociety because of a scammer stealing his name.

Btw, I have screenshot proof to support these claims and have already filed a dispute against the scammer.

This member said he was selling me a fast helmet as well and I paid through paypal. That was last week and I asked him for the tracking number and no response... I have sent him about 3 more pms and still no response.. Not sure what to do because I sent money as a gift and never received the helmet

This member said he was selling me a fast helmet as well and I paid through paypal. That was last week and I asked him for the tracking number and no response... I have sent him about 3 more pms and still no response.. Not sure what to do because I sent money as a gift and never received the helmet

File a claim anyways, you are now the 4th person to confirm being scammed under this user and Paypal should keep record of it. Make sure to state that you, along with multiple other members, have been scammed by the same seller/user

Also, airborne basically reiterated and clarified what I was trying to say in a beautiful way. :a-salute:

Edited by SJ408

xABx, call PayPal, tell them what happened. If his account has outstanding issues, and obviously it will, you will be refunded as soon as PayPal decides in your favor. Same goes to anyone else having issues with any buyers. If you either file a chargeback or call PayPal, chances are you will get your money back within the week. I've done both ways and both times I got my money back. The first time was a few months ago calling PayPal, the second time I had to go through PayPal's chargeback process.

Damn you SJ, lol. Beat me to it.

Edited by TheWolverine

Damn you SJ, lol. Beat me to it.

:a-laugh: lol

And to fake-leonandlein. Your Paypal/bank account, or wherever the money was sent to, will become negative once Paypal refunds us our money. Which makes me ask again. Unless your son has used up the $200+ that he got, you still have money in account which you can refund to us ASAP, which is confusing to me as to why not. If your son HAS used up all that money, then your account will now be put back -$200+. Paypal doesn't pay us, they refund us our money through your account. You wont be keeping a penny of what was sent. There are no "Buyer Protection" rules in cases like this.

I sent in my claim and they are woking on it. I do not believ a word this guy says. He is not more the father of that little demon than he is my brother. I tried to talk to him off line in a sensible manner but got no response. I also made a note over on his profile about him being a scam artist. You know I work hard for my money and right now I to am in a bind but I trusted someone because it was a good deal and I could not afford a new FAL. But you know what! I am now going to work hard to buy me one. I wil get my money back but I am not going to give up presueing this guy. I will get with big Tony and get all the information I can from him.

Deacon

I tried to call paypal, but just ended up waiting for 45 minutes and I was not planning on sitting there any longer. I sent an email to them instead, so we will see how it goes

I'd like to say that the staff is currently working on resolving this issue.

In the meantime, I'd like to request two things:

Most Importantly, anyone who has any documentation or information to send this info to either airborne101 or myself if you have not already done so. Records of communication both on and off ASF are vital to solving issues such as these.

Secondly, anyone who does not have any firsthand experience in dealing with leonandlein, I would like to ask not to post in this thread to cut down on clutter.

Thanks

Bought an AFG from this guy, said it was shipped last Wednesday, when he told me it would ship 2 weeks ago. So it's supposedly been in the mail for a week. After reading all this, I doubt it will ever arrive. Luckily, I'm VERY skeptical of everyone, so I sent it via "goods". Paypal dispute is going to be filed. Lucky it was only $20.80!!!! I can spare $20 for another week. Good thing I bought a AFG from Tigertactical. I was going to use this one for a secondary, but I can go without.

Good luck to my fellow victims. Hope this guy rectifies everything.

Kids, don't EVER send money Via gift unless you PERSONALLY know the recipient.

Bought an AFG from this guy, said it was shipped last Wednesday, when he told me it would ship 2 weeks ago. So it's supposedly been in the mail for a week. After reading all this, I doubt it will ever arrive. Luckily, I'm VERY skeptical of everyone, so I sent it via "goods". Paypal dispute is going to be filed. Lucky it was only $20.80!!!! I can spare $20 for another week. Good thing I bought a AFG from Tigertactical. I was going to use this one for a secondary, but I can go without.

Good luck to my fellow victims. Hope this guy rectifies everything.

Kids, don't EVER send money Via gift unless you PERSONALLY know the recipient.

5 people so far.

Got me for $115 dollars on a good deal Fn FAL. My fault though. I filed with Pay Pal and hope they can do something. With me I will deal with the guys here who can vouche for each other and through the dealers. Got burned once but no more. So back to saving up for that FAL.

Deacon

5 people so far.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! Considering the amount of complaints he has pay pal is going to reopen my case file for my 115 dollars. Normaly they said it would be closed out due to the way the transaction went but since there has been so many disputes mine will be looked at again. There is a GOD!!!!!!

DEACON

Got me for $115 dollars on a good deal Fn FAL. My fault though. I filed with Pay Pal and hope they can do something. With me I will deal with the guys here who can vouche for each other and through the dealers. Got burned once but no more. So back to saving up for that FAL.

Deacon

Guest leonandlein

Goodmorning Common Thief,

Just wanted to let you know that Pay Pal said they would reopen my case for me even though what you sent them caused the case to be closed. So you can hold off on the Postal Money order until I hear something. Then if it is denied again I will return and ask for my money. If that does not take place it will be turned over to the Postal Inspectors and County Sheriff's Office for proscecution. Also I now have your town that you live in but not quite the address yet but working on it. Good luck in your scams and have a wonderful day for I am and should have your address by the end of the day. Might even pass it on to others. LOL!!!!! Oh and I have all IP.s now and phone. So your address is the last thing we are working on. Pay Pal was so nice about all of this and helping me to get my case open. Well I will be here this morning working on ways to get me a new FAL so I don't have to be scammed again. HUMMM! Not I do not think I will sink as low to your life form. Just do it honestly. Good Luck have a wonderful day. One last thing!!!! If I can finsih this today with the investigation and get your address I will let you know so you can expect a visit. LOL! LOL! LOL!

That was sent from Peter Griffith to me from clashofarms1@<PLEASE DO NOT POST YAHOO ACCOUNTS IN YOUR MESSAGES>. I believe he just threatened me.

Interesting. Well, that doesn't seem like the wording of a "62 year old LE Chaplain" at all. Sounds like an angry young adult, if even an adult. Like I said on the previous post, Peter, you are overreacting a lot. Quite frankly I think you need to cool the hell down. If this was me in your situation, I don't know, I definitely wouldn't be making personal threats or saying "I'm coming to get you" essentially. It's what, $110 wasn't it? Whoopdie :censored2: doo. If you really have a stable job, that's less than a single paycheck. Quite frankly I am appalled that you, or anyone, would attack some kid, or even adult, this much over what is really, so little.

I'd lastly like to note that if you do just show up at his home, harassment charges are possible, assault charges if you touch him at all. If it is in fact a minor, assault on a minor by any form of law enforcement would be very, very bad in many ways.

Take some chill-pills, wait for PayPal, and move on.