to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
unlmitedRA1N

Pantac LBT AK Chest Rig Questions

So for a while now I have been running the Pantac AK LBT Chest Rig and it has worked out great. A few people in the club and I have been trying to step up our level of play so we went to a milsim mission last Saturday. It has come to my attention that I need to be able to carry water, additional ammo, and food in the field to be effective for 5 hours of play. The images below show what all is available to mount on my rig.

20130202_095538_zps2a41fccb.jpg

20130202_095709_zps22530985.jpg

So I have two questions:

1. What would be a good backpack/ hydration carrier to use with this vest? I would prefer something that interfaces directly. But if this is not available, what would be comfortable? I'm thinking something along the lines of the Pantac MBSS. Is there any chance the Pantac RRV would work with my vest? My budget is no more than $100. I'm really kind of lost here, so please way in.

2. What sort of pouches could I mount on the sides where I have the carabiner and sharpies? (I'm looking for a small admin pouch or two to store miscellaneous items) Is that ALICE? Could molle pouches be effectively mounted there? Again, I'm pretty lost here, so please way in. Thanks!

A pack worn separately can be a good idea; you can store items in it and still take it off alone vs. taking off your whole rig or pulling a buddy away to help you out. The padding on the chest rig looks pretty heavy on padding; have you worn a backpack over your chest rig to see if the bulk bothers you or not?

Another option would be to get a third party harness like the ATS slim padded harnes or Marz harness and either buying new buckles or cutting open your old harness to use its buckles. From there you could directly attach a hydration bladder (as in the case of the ATS one as they make a hydro carrier for their harness) or at least you'd have less bulk to deal with.

ALICE or MOLLE could work on the sides although in the case of MOLLE your pouches may flop a little bit if there's a lot of stuff in them.

You could also simply add a belt set up be it ALICE or MOLLE or whatever and add canteens and pouches for water and extra equipment.

Lastly you might consider searching around for sale threads here and there for completely new set ups that might work better. $100 isn't a ton but it's enough to work with.

With that kind of chest rig you might as well just get a Camelbak of sorts. I use a Pantac RRV alongside a Camelbak Thermobak3L or M.U.L.E. and it works rather well. The cross straps on your rig are basically identical to the one on the RRV from what I can see, so you should have no problems just putting a Camelbak backpack on- and the M.U.L.E. for example, can carry 3Liters of water and bags of bbs, radio, tools maybe; that should do you well.

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

ALICE or MOLLE could work on the sides although in the case of MOLLE your pouches may flop a little bit if there's a lot of stuff in them.

You could also simply add a belt set up be it ALICE or MOLLE or whatever and add canteens and pouches for water and extra equipment.

Lastly you might consider searching around for sale threads here and there for completely new set ups that might work better. $100 isn't a ton but it's enough to work with.

Ok, well I will probably head to a surplus store and see if I can find any alice pouches that would work.

$100 was just for the pack. I actually like the chest rig a lot, so while I could probably get something else, I don't see myself doing that any time soon. And for a lot of the standard games around here, my midcaps are all I really need and that chest rig is great for carrying them.

With that kind of chest rig you might as well just get a Camelbak of sorts. I use a Pantac RRV alongside a Camelbak Thermobak3L or M.U.L.E. and it works rather well. The cross straps on your rig are basically identical to the one on the RRV from what I can see, so you should have no problems just putting a Camelbak backpack on- and the M.U.L.E. for example, can carry 3Liters of water and bags of bbs, radio, tools maybe; that should do you well.

hmm interesting. Do you ever think the strap get in the way of each other? Is everything pretty secure and comfortable?

I actually really like the look of the M.U.L.E. It looks perfect for what I need. There's actually one on ebay right now for $38 buy it now in woodland about 100 miles away from me. I'll do a little more research but I will probably get that. Thanks!