to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
CoyVining

Costum Hand Guard/Stock Paint Job

Now, I know black AEGs, GBB, AEPs, and Springers, are sexy looking, but sometimes, I know we like to change it up a bit.

I've seen gold, pink, neon green, red, orange, blue, and purple guns. I am really supportive of making the weapons part of your personality and tastes. Pretty much, making the gun you in weapon form, whether it'd be random sprayed stripes (one of my favorites to see and do), or the whole gun is a certain color, or has a two tone affect with colors of your choosing.

I have recently done this with my JG M4s's hand guards and stock. I took the black parts, and some flat white paint, and did random stripes along the parts. And I like the way they turned out. The paint job gave them a nice frost look, but also breaks up the gun more and blends with the white bark trees (idk what they're called) that are usually here in the forests of Alabama. Not to mention, even the regular trees, that have possibly been stricken with a disease, or are already dead, lying on the ground.

Now I know it's a tonal difference from my mask (http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Costum-Mask-Paint-Job-t263140.html), but it still looks nice, none the less. :a-grin:

Here's a pic:

post-78688-1359949539_thumb.jpg

Edited by Revy

I'm all for painting your guns! Hell, I don't think I have any gear that isn't either painted or camouflaged in some way, shape, or form. Check out my threads in my sig to see what I'm talking about. For what it's worth, I'd add some tans, browns, and green though. Black and white will still stick out quite a bit. Great start nonetheless!

Your weapons and load out are very nice man! I can't wait till I can get some more ligit gear like what you have.

BTW, love the MagPul iPhone case. Reminds me of mine! ;)

Now, I know black AEGs, GBB, AEPs, and Springers, are sexy looking, but sometimes, I know we like to change it up a bit.

I've seen gold, pink, neon green, red, orange, blue, and purple guns. I am really supportive of making the weapons part of your personality and tastes. Pretty much, making the gun you in weapon form, whether it'd be random sprayed stripes (one of my favorites to see and do), or the whole gun is a certain color, or has a two tone affect with colors of your choosing.

I have recently done this with my JG M4s's hand guards and stock. I took the black parts, and some flat white paint, and did random stripes along the parts. And I like the way they turned out. The paint job gave them a nice frost look, but also breaks up the gun more and blends with the white bark trees (idk what they're called) that are usually here in the forests of Alabama. Not to mention, even the regular trees, that have possibly been stricken with a disease, or are already dead, lying on the ground.

Now I know it's a tonal difference from my mask (http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Costum-Mask-Paint-Job-t263140.html), but it still looks nice, none the less. :a-grin:

Here's a pic:

The white bark trees you're referring to are birch or aspen. Most likely birch. But it looks pretty good, seeing that that's what you want to blend in to.

The white bark trees you're referring to are birch or aspen. Most likely birch. But it looks pretty good, seeing that that's what you want to blend in to.

Thank you. :)

LOL turtle, I started to say the same thing before I noticed your post. Alabama, though, they'll be birch more likely. Aspen's more a northern tree (I grew up in Georgia).

Revy, if you're doing Alabama stands of trees, you'll probably want to add a bit of light green (a SMALL bit) in random jagged curves, and some dark brown along one edge of each of those curves. You wouldn't *think* that that would be all that effective, but you wouldn't believe how much impact it will actually have. Not as camouflage, since your gear is going to negate completely effective camo, but impact of the paint job. It'll make it look less like an attempt at winter camo, and more like a local based custom job in compliment with the battleground.

But that's my thought, you might not agree.

But I agree heartily on the effect and importance of customization. When I get my gear completed, I'll link pics, as well...right now I'm simply using cloth covers that I also use for equipment during hunting season.

Edited by Whiteout

LOL turtle, I started to say the same thing before I noticed your post. Alabama, though, they'll be birch more likely. Aspen's more a northern tree (I grew up in Georgia).

Revy, if you're doing Alabama stands of trees, you'll probably want to add a bit of light green (a SMALL bit) in random jagged curves, and some dark brown along one edge of each of those curves. You wouldn't *think* that that would be all that effective, but you wouldn't believe how much impact it will actually have. Not as camouflage, since your gear is going to negate completely effective camo, but impact of the paint job. It'll make it look less like an attempt at winter camo, and more like a local based custom job in compliment with the battleground.

But that's my thought, you might not agree.

But I agree heartily on the effect and importance of customization. When I get my gear completed, I'll link pics, as well...right now I'm simply using cloth covers that I also use for equipment during hunting season.

I may try that with one of my other guns. I'm really liking the black and white. Kinda looks like a white tiger.