to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Tyler Walker

Cyma cm.035 or .045?

I can find plenty of information on the cm.035, but all that I've managed to find on the .045 if that is VFC cloneand is completely steel except from an aluminum barrel, where as the .35 is a steel/pot metal mix TM clone. Other than that, I've found suprisingly few comparisons between the two. I've also heard mix opinions of the ease/pain of removing the gb from VFC style aks. Does any one have any experience/input as to which one is a better buy? Just want to get a little more info and opinions before I buy one or the other.

I was in the same dilemma a while ago. You definitely do not want to get the 035. The TM design is much weaker and the pot metal externals do not help.

If you want an AKS-74u AEG there are 3 "real" choices

1. VFC

2. Dboys Full steel RK-01

3. CM045

The VFC and Dboys are actually very comparable in my opinion. Both have gearboxes that need some tuning right out of the box but have very nice externals. The dboys rk-01, which I own, is actually a very nice clone. The VFC is a little nicer, but is it worth the much higher price? In my opinion no.

The CM045 has slightly worse externals with a little less steel (like the front sight) but has a nicer gearbox with a neodynium magnet motor and steel bushings. It could benefit from some tuning but will last a while in stock form if you keep the battery voltage under 9 volts or so. I can't really say the same about Dboys. It can be a gamble (with Dboys).

In the end, gearbox internals are much easier to replace than AK externals. So I would say go for the Dboys RK-01 full steel. Just replace the 7mm bearings, fix the airseal, correct the angle of engagement and shim the gears properly and you have a long lasting AEG both internally and externally. There are always more upgrades you could do if you wish to do so.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me. I know a ton about these guns and all those modifications.

Edited by unlimitedRA1N

Since I have an extra front sight anyway, and I've always had a much better track record with cyma guns, I went with the .045a. Being that its a VFC clone, does anyone know if there are any mag compatibility issues? Particularly with King Arms mid caps, since thats what I've already got?

Guest alberty

If it's a VFC clone, then TM-fitting mags may won't work without modification. I personally have filed down the rear tab on a lot of mags to get them to fit into my DBoys RK-02, also a VFC clone but is even pickier with magazines. However, doing so can make them unable to fit back into a TM-style receiver.

If it's a VFC clone, then TM-fitting mags may won't work without modification. I personally have filed down the rear tab on a lot of mags to get them to fit into my DBoys RK-02, also a VFC clone but is even pickier with magazines. However, doing so can make them unable to fit back into a TM-style receiver.

I'm not apposed to filing down some of the mags to work, but just wondering? What exactly is the difference between the tm and vfc reciever as far as the mags go. is it the placement of the mag "well" or the mag catch? I.E. would it be possible to change or modify the mag catch to accept tm mags or is it not really possible?