Sign in to follow this  
armymaddog101

Help Finding a Good Gun

I am currently looking for a rifle to replace my sniper and I want to go down to a more up front person. I am looking at M4s and other models like them. But so far after looking around on different sites and stores here and I can't find the specifications I am looking for or as close to as I can get.

This is what I am looking for:

-FULL METAL M4 (inside and out)

-RIS Rail system with single (connected/long) rail along the top

-Crane stock (to fit nunchuck battery)

-Carbine length (real length of an M4 so not a CQW)

-Tan/Desert Color or paint job (full body, not just upper or lower receiver) (same or very close coloration on rails and receiver)

-Blowback (pneumatic or gas, pneumatic preferred)

-FPS above 350

-Able to use Magpul magazines

I am not worried about accessories included with guns. So if it's just the gun alone, then that's fine.

If someone could help me find a gun that fits the specifications above that would be great. Pricing is not an issue for me since I have money saved up for buying all this. So I don't care if it were to cost $800 or something. Just post the link for the reply. Thanks.

I am currently looking for a rifle to replace my sniper and I want to go down to a more up front person. I am looking at M4s and other models like them. But so far after looking around on different sites and stores here and I can't find the specifications I am looking for or as close to as I can get.

This is what I am looking for:

-FULL METAL M4 (inside and out)

-RIS Rail system with single (connected/long) rail along the top

-Crane stock (to fit nunchuck battery)

-Carbine length (real length of an M4 so not a CQW)

-Tan/Desert Color or paint job (full body, not just upper or lower receiver) (same or very close coloration on rails and receiver)

-Blowback (pneumatic or gas, pneumatic preferred)

-FPS above 350

-Able to use Magpul magazines

I am not worried about accessories included with guns. So if it's just the gun alone, then that's fine.

If someone could help me find a gun that fits the specifications above that would be great. Pricing is not an issue for me since I have money saved up for buying all this. So I don't care if it were to cost $800 or something. Just post the link for the reply. Thanks.

this is pretty close...

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...oducts_id=10535

EDIT: This looks like the closest I could find for you

Edited by Freelanczer

Guest alberty

That's an extremely specific query. FYI, pneumatic blowback in M4 AEGs is only by G&G. It sounds like you want a metal G&G blowback M4 and you'll just need to buy the rest of the externals yourself.

this is pretty close...

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...oducts_id=10535

EDIT: This looks like the closest I could find for you

Thanks, that's almost perfect. I think I can definitely use and anything else I need I can get later. When I looked on GI all I could find was the black version of that weapon. Now I can have my kit complete.

For color--throw that out the window as a concern. Spray paint (both the stuff you get at Home Depot and the more specialized colors available at hobby shops that have extensive lines of models) will take care of color concerns, and more effectively, just make certain to spray lightly, from a fair distance, and take your time. If you have it fully painted in any less than an hour, you were putting too much paint on at a time, too thickly, and something will get gummed up.

Ideally, with an AS gun, you want to get rid of ALL black, turn it to light and dark grays, then add other colors that are common in your regular play environment...in patterns most similar to that environment, if possible (if you play in high grass fields, for instance, you want your browner stripes going from the bottom of the gun towards the top, and going OVER the top, to begin looping back down the other side. You also, in such a situation, want to use a fair amount of a more yellow tan for your primary color).But ALWAYS put the grays on first, then layer from darkest colors to lightest.

You are best off doing the same to your mask/helmet (and if you have a plastic goggle system, you can buy nylon window screen from any hardware store or section of a department store, cut it to fit over the bordering edges of the lenses, spray paint it, then use black glue, or roofing silicone (black or brown), or you can even get white silicone, mix it with paint of the same color, then apply it from a squeeze tube...I use icing bags and small bead tips, but it can be done as simply as putting it in a sandwich bag with one corner cut off, in as small a piece as possible, then squeezing it through. The smooth the bead with fingers, butter knife, or flat toothpick). This will destroy any reflection/glare off your lenses without interfering with sight in the slightest (again, paint from a distance, and in "puffs", take your time, you don't want to accumulate paint thickly on the strands, or it will hamper vision some).

All of that aside, now that you've discarded color concerns, there are plenty of full metal body/gear machines out there. The best rated by professionals are KWA, CA, ICS, G&G, and G&P on a consistent basis (this is discarding a Systema or TM machine, due to price, and the fact that TM no longer gets the stellar ratings it used to, from my research, lately). KWA makes the GX2 gearbox, which is full stamped steel, extra reinforced to the front, where the majority of the pressure is located, but all of these manufacturers have full steel gearboxes in most of their guns, and full metal bodies in their better models. Price isn't too ridiculous, either, with the best running in the $500 range for most of them, and the "really damn good" running in the $275-$325 range.

But if you're going to put a lot of money into it to start with...look at some of the Systema pieces, too. They cost an arm and a leg, but they're high enough quality police and military use them for live training exercises. A Chicago cop I'm related to SWEARS by them, as training machines. Says they can be put through the worst an excited cop in a "kicking doors and breaking things" exercise can do to them.

For color--throw that out the window as a concern. Spray paint (both the stuff you get at Home Depot and the more specialized colors available at hobby shops that have extensive lines of models) will take care of color concerns, and more effectively, just make certain to spray lightly, from a fair distance, and take your time. If you have it fully painted in any less than an hour, you were putting too much paint on at a time, too thickly, and something will get gummed up.

Ideally, with an AS gun, you want to get rid of ALL black, turn it to light and dark grays, then add other colors that are common in your regular play environment...in patterns most similar to that environment, if possible (if you play in high grass fields, for instance, you want your browner stripes going from the bottom of the gun towards the top, and going OVER the top, to begin looping back down the other side. You also, in such a situation, want to use a fair amount of a more yellow tan for your primary color).But ALWAYS put the grays on first, then layer from darkest colors to lightest.

You are best off doing the same to your mask/helmet (and if you have a plastic goggle system, you can buy nylon window screen from any hardware store or section of a department store, cut it to fit over the bordering edges of the lenses, spray paint it, then use black glue, or roofing silicone (black or brown), or you can even get white silicone, mix it with paint of the same color, then apply it from a squeeze tube...I use icing bags and small bead tips, but it can be done as simply as putting it in a sandwich bag with one corner cut off, in as small a piece as possible, then squeezing it through. The smooth the bead with fingers, butter knife, or flat toothpick). This will destroy any reflection/glare off your lenses without interfering with sight in the slightest (again, paint from a distance, and in "puffs", take your time, you don't want to accumulate paint thickly on the strands, or it will hamper vision some).

All of that aside, now that you've discarded color concerns, there are plenty of full metal body/gear machines out there. The best rated by professionals are KWA, CA, ICS, G&G, and G&P on a consistent basis (this is discarding a Systema or TM machine, due to price, and the fact that TM no longer gets the stellar ratings it used to, from my research, lately). KWA makes the GX2 gearbox, which is full stamped steel, extra reinforced to the front, where the majority of the pressure is located, but all of these manufacturers have full steel gearboxes in most of their guns, and full metal bodies in their better models. Price isn't too ridiculous, either, with the best running in the $500 range for most of them, and the "really damn good" running in the $275-$325 range.

But if you're going to put a lot of money into it to start with...look at some of the Systema pieces, too. They cost an arm and a leg, but they're high enough quality police and military use them for live training exercises. A Chicago cop I'm related to SWEARS by them, as training machines. Says they can be put through the worst an excited cop in a "kicking doors and breaking things" exercise can do to them.

Thanks, I only want straight tan/dark Earth color due to the fact I am military and that is what we are using for training since we are getting ready to deploy in October. I don't need to paint my helmet or mask mainly for the fact I don't wear a mask and we are required to have multicam helmet covers on our ACHs when we wear them for training. Personally I don't care about the specifics of the gearbox or interiors of the gun, I just don't want to use the crap guns they are issuing us to use for training. Thanks though for the advice, I'll take it into consideration if I ever actually make airsoft a hobby.

Thanks, I only want straight tan/dark Earth color due to the fact I am military and that is what we are using for training since we are getting ready to deploy in October. I don't need to paint my helmet or mask mainly for the fact I don't wear a mask and we are required to have multicam helmet covers on our ACHs when we wear them for training. Personally I don't care about the specifics of the gearbox or interiors of the gun, I just don't want to use the crap guns they are issuing us to use for training. Thanks though for the advice, I'll take it into consideration if I ever actually make airsoft a hobby.

Gotcha. Live exercise training. I wish we'd had these toys while I was in...when I started, we were 'experimenting" with the wax-and-dye rounds that fouled a barrel something awful, and caused jams half the time, then we went to the blank suppressor/lIR emitter "laser tag" type system that never aimed right, screeched in your ear when you'd been hit, until the exercise was over, and the trainer used the key on your harness, and made the weapon almost impossible to clean, without spending 8 hours on it. Plus jammed every other round. No burst fire, you went semi-only if you had a brain in your head, and got so frustrated that you just yanked the T-bar and ejected any jammed blank without worrying whether it was a misfire or not.

You guys aren't doing "wraps" in the 'Stans, though? Seen a lot of footage where it looked like guys had done so, and my nephew definitely used one for his (he's Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, just back from his 5th deployment between Iraq and the 'Stan).

Good luck, and God bless, man. Thanks for your service, and be careful.

Don't forget the goats are off-limits, apparently guys were going blind from using the hand, and started mistaking locals for goats (the beards are similar, I can sort of understand it):a-shocked: Didn't know the Army had that many volunteers from Kentucky :a-laugh:

RLtW

Edited by Whiteout

Gotcha. Live exercise training. I wish we'd had these toys while I was in...when I started, we were 'experimenting" with the wax-and-dye rounds that fouled a barrel something awful, and caused jams half the time, then we went to the blank suppressor/lIR emitter "laser tag" type system that never aimed right, screeched in your ear when you'd been hit, until the exercise was over, and the trainer used the key on your harness, and made the weapon almost impossible to clean, without spending 8 hours on it. Plus jammed every other round. No burst fire, you went semi-only if you had a brain in your head, and got so frustrated that you just yanked the T-bar and ejected any jammed blank without worrying whether it was a misfire or not.

You guys aren't doing "wraps" in the 'Stans, though? Seen a lot of footage where it looked like guys had done so, and my nephew definitely used one for his (he's Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, just back from his 5th deployment between Iraq and the 'Stan).

Good luck, and God bless, man. Thanks for your service, and be careful.

Don't forget the goats are off-limits, apparently guys were going blind from using the hand, and started mistaking locals for goats (the beards are similar, I can sort of understand it):a-shocked: Didn't know the Army had that many volunteers from Kentucky :a-laugh:

RLtW

Yeah my father had to deal with that when he first got in back in the day. I got the "pleasure" of using the laser tag system once and couldn't stand it. Recently we've used simunition in an exercise and a guy took a round to the face and broke his jaw. Since then the BC said airsoft is authorized but only 30 round mid cap mags can be used.

No we aren't looking at the 'Stans at all actually. I haven't gotten confirmation on whether or not it's true, but my squad leader heard something about either Kuwait, Jordan, or Syria. That's the story so far but no one will confirm or deny it. Thanks though, it's going to be my first deployment but if we go to Kuwait it may not be too bad because that's where my father is now.

Oh and I know about the goats stuff. I hear stories of that all the time but it's usually the locals giving it to them. That or donkeys :a-laugh:

Yeah my father had to deal with that when he first got in back in the day. I got the "pleasure" of using the laser tag system once and couldn't stand it. Recently we've used simunition in an exercise and a guy took a round to the face and broke his jaw. Since then the BC said airsoft is authorized but only 30 round mid cap mags can be used.

No we aren't looking at the 'Stans at all actually. I haven't gotten confirmation on whether or not it's true, but my squad leader heard something about either Kuwait, Jordan, or Syria. That's the story so far but no one will confirm or deny it. Thanks though, it's going to be my first deployment but if we go to Kuwait it may not be too bad because that's where my father is now.

Oh and I know about the goats stuff. I hear stories of that all the time but it's usually the locals giving it to them. That or donkeys :a-laugh:

Family tradition, eh?

My family has a tradition of service, but there aren't many of us who went "hardcore" in the last few generations. Me with the 75th, my father in law, who extended 3 times after his first tour in Vietnam, doing all the extensions as Recon, and a grandad who did the Pacific Theater in subs.

The rest of them...well, I can't really blame one cousin. She's a she, and couldn't get into combat arms, so was a crewman for F-15s. She and I are the only ones from our generation. Have another cousin, who wasn't even born when I went in, who's USMC right now...on "make pretty" duty at the embassy in Poland, and a second cousin who just made PO1 in communications. My own father (the shame of it) joined the USAF to avoid being drafted into the Army or USMC, and used as a self-propelled sandbag, and his dad, though having participated at Normandy, spent his time as an engineer--not a combat engineer, even (I have respect for those guys.."can do" isn't an on-paper motto for them, neither is the unofficial "first we dig 'em, then we die in 'em").

Simunition--is it the same wax-and-paint that used to be the stuff under that name, or have they made it any better? Ruined barrels pretty fast, but it sure gave everyone an interest in avoiding getting hit, rather than having so many guys who wanted to goldbrick let someone tag them in the laser gear, so they could sit back, and do whatever (face it, you won't find a grunt, ANYWHERE, who won't find a way to goldbrick at every opportunity, if what's being done isn't something he actively enjoys)

Syria/Jordan kind of makes sense (but bodes poorly for our political situation), but why would we be strengthening forces in Kuwait? Unless it's going to be used as a stepping stone for Syria or Iran?

Keep your head down, out there, bud. Most Americans like to laugh it off, but Iran and Syria are the only militaries in that area that are actually reasonably competent.