Sign in to follow this  
kelmensonj

Best Airsoft Optic

In real combat, there are so many optics for every single situation. There are scopes for long range, red dot sights for CQB, as well as many in between. In airsoft, I still see people with that same variety of optics and scopes that are seen in real combat.

In my opinion, people only do it for the looks. It is rare that I will require any zoom at all to acquire or shoot at a target. Unless if the gun shoots 300ft accurately, I don't see any reason to have any zoom at all.

Secondly, I don't need an Eotech or Aimpoint. I'm not worrying about whether or not it will hold its zero, or if there's absolutely no parallax at 1,000ft.

Overall, for practicality purposes only, I don't see why I should get anything other than some $30 red dot sight that has a big field of view.

Overall, for practicality purposes only, I don't see why I should get anything other than some $30 red dot sight that has a big field of view.

Because $30 red dot sights are junk. Do you wear shorts and sandals to your games and only run the one high cap your gun came with, with extra reloads being jars of Crosman .12 bbs in a spongebob lunchbox? And use the original battery?

I do think magnified optics over 4x are sometimes overkill- but a decent quality $100-200 red dot is not- they are the ideal optic for airsoft engagement ranges. And while your $30 dot will break if someone sneezes in it's vicinity and fog up when it starts raining, a weapons-grade red dot will keep on performing.

I mainly play CQB and one of those $30 NcStar red dot sights works great. holds the zero and gives a fast and and accurate sight picture. Try playing a lights out game once with iron sights, not very fun. Never had it shot but at suck close ranges, it has a good chance of shattering. They are $30 for a reason.

My bad. You ARE the guy with the spongebob lunchbox. Here's a scope for you:

Scope for Airsoft_NY

:a-laugh: :a-laugh: Dude that's awesome...

As for optics, I use a 1x Tru-Glo for my SSW, but that's because I have bad eyesight and I like to see what I'm aiming at.

What do you want to do then, hip-fire out 100 feet? dealing with iron sights is a pain, they block out what you're trying to see, and you have to align them.

Let me add another thought, why do people use tactical vests? why would anyone pay $100+ for a piece of equipment that a pocket could replace; one high cap in the gun, one in your pocket, no need to waste money.

My bad. You ARE the guy with the spongebob lunchbox. Here's a scope for you:

Scope for Airsoft_NY

Super LOLS :a-laugh: I use a bushnell 1x mp red/green crosshair reticle sight the crosshair is super bright and it has good eye relief and it cost about 170$

I think I'm gonna cry.

Anyway, I was saying that on an airsoft gun with no recoil, I think that some $30 sight would be almost as good as a $100 sight. More expensive sights are expensive because they hold a zero longer, won't scratch, and have a slightly better sight picture.

I own an $80 replica Eotech, two $70 replica Aimpoints, as well as a few others. I've also used a real ACOG and Aimpoint in a game. I would like to think that these perform better than my $45 Black Ops sight from evike, but they simply offer almost no advantage. If anything, I prefer the larger field of view as well as piece of mind at not having spent $100 that I can enjoy from my cheap sight.

I think I'm gonna cry.

Anyway, I was saying that on an airsoft gun with no recoil, I think that some $30 sight would be almost as good as a $100 sight. More expensive sights are expensive because they hold a zero longer, won't scratch, and have a slightly better sight picture.

I own an $80 replica Eotech, two $70 replica Aimpoints, as well as a few others. I've also used a real ACOG and Aimpoint in a game. I would like to think that these perform better than my $45 Black Ops sight from evike, but they simply offer almost no advantage. If anything, I prefer the larger field of view as well as piece of mind at not having spent $100 that I can enjoy from my cheap sight.

You've just been getting a lot of negative feedback because you're posting about things that are controversial and the majority of the airsoft forum disagrees with.

if you want a good red dot you need to spend $50 plus. The $30 dollar NC star red dots just won't cut it. And for some of us spending 100+ on an optic is worth it.

If your gun is capable of consistently hitting an opponent at more than 150 feet range, a decent quality red dot sight can indeed be very useful if you adjust it properly and use it right. A red dot sight is very useful when you wanna discretely take a shot at an opponent at longer ranges, it makes it easier to hit with the first shot, making your opponent unable to return fire.

if you are going to use the optic as an aiming solution, it needs to hold its zero meaning its settings won't change when you knock the gun around etc.

It needs to be zero'd for a known distance and the user needs to know point of aim vs point of impact for varying distances and there is also weather to consider.

I don't know if a 30 dollar optic does it and I'm not spending the coin to figure out if I already have a different optic that I know works.

Optics may be of use, but it is for the user to consider on an individual basis. They may be of use when it's too bright/dark to visually track bbs and/or when irons for whatever reason aren't cutting it.

Or a player can do what many others already do right now: make figure 8s all over the place. All day every day.

Edited by SecondWind

You've just been getting a lot of negative feedback because you're posting about things that are controversial and the majority of the airsoft forum disagrees with.

if you want a good red dot you need to spend $50 plus. The $30 dollar NC star red dots just won't cut it. And for some of us spending 100+ on an optic is worth it.

BS. I spent $30 on my Cmore and $40 on my NC Star. Both work perfectly for airsoft, you don't have to spend at least $50 thats complete rubbish.

Liek others have said, when all is said and done, most optics will perform the same. The $100+ are for a better external quality optic that can be dropped and won't break as easily. Thats it... Its that simple.