Sign in to follow this  
M60VN

L96?

Hey guys, I am considering this gun:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=27712

If I buy this rifle, I want to upgrade the spring to shoot field limit where I play (525fps with 100 foot minimum engagement). The thing is my friend bought another gun and wanted to upgrade the spring but the design of his rifle made it to where the gun couldn't hold the more powerful spring back. Will this rifle suffer from the same problem? Is this a good buy? If not, what would be a better buy?

Thanks

Guest alberty

What is this "another gun" your friend bought, and why couldn't it "hold the more powerful spring back"?

I may have a guess at what you're saying...I think you're saying he also had a spring-powered bolt-action sniper rifle, got a stronger spring in it, and the bolt will not stay cocked?

The reason for that issue is because the internals that the gun comes with are not designed to handle stronger parts. In addition to a stronger spring, you will likely also need new trigger and piston sears, piston, and spring guide.

A lot more importantly, and possibly for another topic for you to read, is that a higher muzzle velocity is not equal to longer effective range. You want to look into accuracy upgrades and heavier BBs first.

True. I own a UTG MK96, and it has lasted FOREVER. Yes, this one is heavliy upgradeable. From one forum user to another, GET THIS GUN. You can find so many parts for it at Airsoft atlanta, just go to the sniper parts section and click on APS-2/Type 96 variants. And alberty is right, I have a 6.01 510mm barrel, and use .40 gram bb's. I would just put a nice barrel in it, get the UTG Upgrade kit for $30, and use some .30 or .36's.

the only thing that broke was the hop up arm, after a year and a half of pretty heavy use.

-Tango