Sign in to follow this  
M60VN

Guarger High Speed Trigger Response

My guess is that there is something wrong with your cutoff lever. It could be worn down, interfering with the trigger contact assembly, sector gear could have been shimmed too low, it's rubbing somewhere it shouldn't, etc.

My guess is that there is something wrong with your cutoff lever. It could be worn down, interfering with the trigger contact assembly, sector gear could have been shimmed too low, it's rubbing somewhere it shouldn't, etc.

Yeah the motor gets really warm too. I don't know if that is a problem or just normal.

Guest alberty

The motor getting warm can be from a number of issues, not just this semi-auto problem.

For the semi-auto problem, the problem is most likely due to the gearbox's cut-off lever as airborne101 suggets. It's what lets you have a semi-auto function, and when worn down naturally or damaged otherwise, you don't get a proper semi-auto fire. You instead get bursts, sometimes even bursts without touching the trigger.

Another possible issue is your trigger shuttle and related parts. The trigger pushes a shuttle into a set of contacts which then completes the circuit for your gearbox to cycle, and the shuttle is pulled back by a spring, cutting off the circuit and stopping the shooting. If there's something wrong with those series of parts, that can explain the gearbox cycling without you pressing the trigger.

I don't know what the extent of your gun's symptoms are when you say it continues to shoot "full-auto" after letting go of the trigger. It could just be the cut-off lever, or it could be both of these issues.

Edited by alberty

Yeah, but for some reason it didn't do this with the stock motor. Maybe I just didn't notice it with that motor. Also now that I reinstalled the stock motor (probably eventually going to go high torque like sniperx2s suggested), it isn't turning as fast as it did before I put the Guarder motor in. Could I have hooked it back up wrong or something?

Edited by M60Slayer

Could I have hooked it back up wrong or something?

If you had hooked the motor up backwards, the gun would not fire as the ARL would lock against the gears. The gears can only spin one way to make the gun fire.