sieve5

Unconventional weaponry in airsoft?

Unconventional airsoft weaponry  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Using a low power draw bow (25lb) with padded arrows.

• sure thing, ill call the hit.
    • eh, youd have to prove that its safe.
    • no way man.
  2. 2. Using a blowgun with a plastic dummy tip dart.

• Just a plastic ball? Sounds like airsoft anyways, yeah!
    • maybe, I don't know.
    • no.
  3. 3. Rubber knives/nerf sword or axe

• yes
    • no

Depends on what the fields allow, or a group vote if it's a group of players meeting on some plot of land to play as allowed by authorities.

For me, it's called airsoft for a reason. I don't care if that type of thing goes on but it's not for me. IMO it's no longer airsoft if there are guys running around with bows, nerf guns, blow guns, etc thrown in the mix.

I appreciate the responses, but im really just wondering how people in the airsoft world feel about these kinds of things. Don't bash my thread if you have a strongly dissenting opinion, please.

And yes I don't get on forums and talk about airsoft a bunch, but ive been playing for three years now, been to around fifteen skirmishes. So in a sense, calling me a new player is inaccurate. From what ive found after getting burnt out on airsoft is that by adding unconventional items to normal game play you can have a lot of fun.

Have you contacted your local field and local forums to see how receptive those nearest to you are to your ideas?

Time spent playing or simply being aware of airsoft does not necessarily equal experience. The type of events you attend, duration of such events, and how much you learn from playing means much more. A lot more can be said about it but phallus waving over the internet seldom helps.

If you're getting bored/burned out with airsoft, have you considered going to different venues and or playing with different folks? Nothing solid to prove it with but I feel that folks who stay in their airsoft comfort zone get bored where as those who play a wide variety from speedball to weekend long milsim tend to remain interested.

Bow... Nerf bow. Melee weapon... Rubber bayonet. Both aren't really practical. Especially if you know how hard it is to hit a moving target with a bow(flipper target type stuff).

As for blowgun... They have plastic nubs you can shoot out of blowguns(the back of a dart minus the dart), but they hurt like hell and it isn't very safe.

Jeez you guys, I was just wondering how people on this forum felt about these kind of things.

No, I'm not interested in incorporating these kind of things into regular play all the time, that'd be stupid. In all the games I've been to I have simply never seen any of these kinds of things being used in game play before.

I just wanted to know how people who really like airsoft feel about using these types of things. Now I know as you have all made it blatantly obvious..

Thanks.

Jeez you guys, I was just wondering how people on this forum felt about these kind of things.

No, I'm not interested in incorporating these kind of things into regular play all the time, that'd be stupid. In all the games I've been to I have simply never seen any of these kinds of things being used in game play before.

I just wanted to know how people who really like airsoft feel about using these types of things. Now I know as you have all made it blatantly obvious..

Thanks.

Yep.

Love the 'no-necro' policies of the polls section...

Way to scare away 'new' players with elitist attitudes... Where I come from, there is a group of guys named S.L.A.P. or Saint Louis Airsoft Players. They fell from popularity when they started a trend of snobbish elitism and pretty much shunned anyone that hadn't been with them for years, alienating new people. You might consider not doing that? It would really help all involved to just be civil if you disagree with someone. And <AT> AKFTW, you are a repeat offender in my eyes when it comes to being outright rude on these forums- it does your image absolutely no good.

does not work, don't imitate.