My gun is a Classic Army M15A4 Carbine (SV Series). I've had it for about 1 week so far. I played my first game of airsoft with my friends and my gun was perfectly working. I shot around 500 bbs. I refilled my hi cap magazine when it was empty and shot once to make sure it was feeding correctly. However, when I pulled the trigger, the gun "clicked" It does this on semi auto and full auto. I made sure there were no jams, and when I looked in the hole where the bbs would feed, there was something blocking it. I think it is the air nozzle, but I am not sure because I am pretty new to airsoft. The gun is all stock and no upgrades have been installed for it. When I got home, I charged my battery until it was full, and my gun still made the clicking noise. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do, please help!

UPDATE: I popped the ARL and it doesn't make the clicking noise. However, I think I have a motor problem now. When I pull the trigger, the motor will spin but the gun itself will not shoot. The only moving part is the motor. Any help?

Edited by vtekin5th

hate to say this, and I'm not sure as I really haven't worked on aegs, just learned a little bout them, but it sounds like to stripped a gear or broke the piston. If you are a newbie and cant fix it yourself, send it in to the local gun shop or gun tech near you. BTW a airsoft gun shop, not a firearms store, as they will most likely laugh at you.

hate to say this, and I'm not sure as I really haven't worked on aegs, just learned a little bout them, but it sounds like to stripped a gear or broke the piston. If you are a newbie and cant fix it yourself, send it in to the local gun shop or gun tech near you. BTW a airsoft gun shop, not a firearms store, as they will most likely laugh at you.

Okay, well I figured out the problem and it is the piston. I need to get a replacement, and I have no clue which one to get. Any suggestions as to how to pick one or are they all the same?

Okay, well I figured out the problem and it is the piston. I need to get a replacement, and I have no clue which one to get. Any suggestions as to how to pick one or are they all the same?

They're all the same. Try to pick up a Lonex/Bravo piston. Those are real nice.

No teeth is not good. It means the piston wont work.

You want to use full teeth. Half tooth pistons were designed for certain gearsets where they needed some extra clearance on one side. Generally super torque type gears. Since we don't use super torque gears anymore, you don't need to worry about it.

No teeth is not good. It means the piston wont work.

You want to use full teeth. Half tooth pistons were designed for certain gearsets where they needed some extra clearance on one side. Generally super torque type gears. Since we don't use super torque gears anymore, you don't need to worry about it.

Okay :) Thank you very much! And also, thank you to everyone else who helped me out on my problem.

Okay :) Thank you very much! And also, thank you to everyone else who helped me out on my problem.

You are welcome, but when you are ordering a piston please make sure that it is correct with your gun form the local airsoft shop or CS from whatever website you are ordering of off, as some can be different bores and it can cause a error, most pistons are the same size but double check so you don have the hassle of an incorrect piston :)

You are welcome, but when you are ordering a piston please make sure that it is correct with your gun form the local airsoft shop or CS from whatever website you are ordering of off, as some can be different bores and it can cause a error, most pistons are the same size but double check so you don have the hassle of an incorrect piston :)

Thanks for the heads up :) The guy at Hobbytown recommended I use the OEM part because an aftermarket piston could potentially make the gearbox "tighter" ? I'm not sure what this means, but it sounds kind of weird to me.

Pistons are all supposed to be the same size, but due to variance in manufacturing for both pistons and gearboxes, sometimes they aren't quite perfect. Occasionally you might need to do some sanding on the piston rails to make sure it slides smoothly. If you don't plan to upgrade then another OEM piston is fine, but also know that there isn't anything wrong with aftermarket parts, they are stronger and better in general.

Guest alberty

I don't think it's that common to have an aftermarket piston fit too tightly. I don't want to sound rude but I don't think a Hobbytown sales associate would know that much about airsoft parts unless he/she happens to be very experienced in airsoft. The idea that it's safer to go with OEM parts may hold true with certain equipment in other hobbies, but in airsoft you should be okay with most common aftermarket pistons. At the worst case you can just sand/file down if something is somehow too tight since the piston you use will likely be plastic.

I don't think it's that common to have an aftermarket piston fit too tightly. I don't want to sound rude but I don't think a Hobbytown sales associate would know that much about airsoft parts unless he/she happens to be very experienced in airsoft. The idea that it's safer to go with OEM parts may hold true with certain equipment in other hobbies, but in airsoft you should be okay with most common aftermarket pistons. At the worst case you can just sand/file down if something is somehow too tight since the piston you use will likely be plastic.

Alright, thank you for your input :)