Sign in to follow this  
ginjirou17

Which g36c or g36k should I get

Dear awesome dudes,

I have been a paintball guy for a short while now. I quit because they banned replica's in the netherlands. (stupid) Since januari AIRSOFT has been made legal because of a association who lobbyd for this. So yeah cool new hobby!

But all the things aside. I need a new gun.

I looked around and just couldn't make up my mind. There are soooo many brands... The choice of weapon is a G36C (So sexy!) maybe a g36k.

But of which brand? I see alot of guys telling me to look for KWA, Star, Ares H&K and Tokyo Marui. Help me guys, at this rate I will look around for a whole year!

The only thing I want is blowback. I feel empty without the recoil. I already have a Lipo/nimh charger because of my RC car hobby so that won't be an issue.

Budget is around the 300 dollar range

Edited by ginjirou17

H&K Umarex USA have a few guns of the G36 series that do have blowback. they have the G36cv, 36kv, and a few other models, which come in both black and tan. the price ranges from 200 to the 300 range depending on the model.

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/index.p...pha_filter_id=0

Guest alberty

If you're looking for recoil, only the WE G39 series and TM recoil shock series will get you that feel. The electric blowback on the ARES/Umarex ones may not really be satisfying and worth the cost if you are sticking strictly to that requirement.

Something to consider is that most AEGs are not designed with recoil or kick. It's also much more efficient cost-wise to go for a kick-less AEG due to the availability of magazines and parts. For someone starting new, an AEG is a better option than a GBBR (gas blowback rifle).

An exception is the TM G36 recoil shock series, which is supposed to accept regular AEG magazines, but those guns are very expensive and not something you want to open and upgrade if you don't want to lose the good out-of-factory quality.

I would personally recommend a JG G36 variant if you can find them in stock. They're a low-cost but extremely durable gun and it is upgradable with standard TM-type parts. The recent generation has improved body and magazine cosmetics as well. Biggest issue is recent Hk licensing that has taken over the market, limiting the availability significantly. A used one wouldn't be a bad idea as long as it's in full working condition. My local CQB arena has used them as rentals for years with no issues (unless the users abused them badly).

I'm basically an expert when it comes to G36's. (Not really. But it's basically the only airsoft gun I know very well, considering I own one). I just posted this in a forum post about 5-10 below this one:

"I personally use a JG G36. I made some minor upgrades.

1. I installed a better spring and better barrel

2. I use a 7.4 Lipo battery + Lipo charger

3. I had to replace the fuse because the fuse it comes with is complete garbage, and the second you put a more powerful battery in it, it'll explode. So if you plan on getting a battery higher than the standard 8.4 it comes with, you need to buy another fuse.

I don't know how much all of those upgrades will cost you, but my G36 fires around 20 BB's per second, and is accurate to almost 150 feet. Overall, it only cost me about $180. I don't know how much yours will cost (because I purchased it on sale where the gun was almost $50 off), but it's a very reliable gun. I've used it for about a year now with no problems at all. Mags work great (I suggest hi-caps) with no problems with magwell. No internals have broken. No signs of it's power decreasing. And it shoots at about 380 FPS. Overall, amazing gun for under $200. Since it's no longer on sale anywhere, it might cost more. I don't know. But honestly, if the gun+ battery and upgrades will cost you under $250-$300, go with it. It competes with all of the other $400-$500 AEGs at my arena I play it. And most of the time, I get quite a few kills. Hope I helped!"

Didn't feel like retyping it. But yeah, JG makes a mean G36. I suggest upgrading the battery, and get the G36K, because the longer barrel is always nice. And again, replace the fuse. Mine exploded. Any other questions? Message me.

Guest alberty
Didn't feel like retyping it. But yeah, JG makes a mean G36. I suggest upgrading the battery, and get the G36K, because the longer barrel is always nice. And again, replace the fuse. Mine exploded. Any other questions? Message me.

Are you sure about the fuses? My local arena has literally used JG G36Cs as rental guns for years, and most of them are still using the same stock fuse that have never blown when using 9.6v NiMH batteries.

Are you sure about the fuses? My local arena has literally used JG G36Cs as rental guns for years, and most of them are still using the same stock fuse that have never blown when using 9.6v NiMH batteries.

Well, it wasn't a 9.6V. It was a very high-powered (don't remember) 7.4 Lipo. I pulled the trigger and the fuse exploded. It might just be with lipos. Maybe I just did something wrong. I don't know. But I replaced the fuse with a newer better fuse, and I haven't had any problems with it since. I don't know. I'd go with a JG G36K (because you get the longer barrel). The K is more for long range, where the C is more CQB. Basically, are you going to be playing CQB or field?

CQB? JG G36C

Field? JG G36K

Hope I helped!

Technically, both the G36K and the G36C are both for CQ. The "K" means kurz, or short, and the "C" is for compact. So they are both for CQ.

Plus, it's only like a two inch difference between the two barrels.

If you're looking for recoil, only the WE G39 series and TM recoil shock series will get you that feel. The electric blowback on the ARES/Umarex ones may not really be satisfying and worth the cost if you are sticking strictly to that requirement.

Something to consider is that most AEGs are not designed with recoil or kick. It's also much more efficient cost-wise to go for a kick-less AEG due to the availability of magazines and parts. For someone starting new, an AEG is a better option than a GBBR (gas blowback rifle).

An exception is the TM G36 recoil shock series, which is supposed to accept regular AEG magazines, but those guns are very expensive and not something you want to open and upgrade if you don't want to lose the good out-of-factory quality.

I would personally recommend a JG G36 variant if you can find them in stock. They're a low-cost but extremely durable gun and it is upgradable with standard TM-type parts. The recent generation has improved body and magazine cosmetics as well. Biggest issue is recent Hk licensing that has taken over the market, limiting the availability significantly. A used one wouldn't be a bad idea as long as it's in full working condition. My local CQB arena has used them as rentals for years with no issues (unless the users abused them badly).

Well, the recoil on the ares is actually surprisingly good, but it's not a truly skrimishable gun. look at my sig for more info... :/ since the microswitch is exposed in the magwell, bbs can get stuck in the back notch of the magazine, and if you accidentally slam the mag up, it'll destroy your wiring. I've had it happen to me, and umarex will charge you $70 to fix it.

I'll use it in the field. But the difference in the C and K version is rather small so I don't think I will be at a disadvantage if I choose the C over the K. I find the C much sexier.

Guys how about the 3rd generation of the brand Src? src 3rd generation g36c. They say the second generation was kinda the same as the JG brand, and that the 3rd generation is a step up from that?

I'll use it in the field. But the difference in the C and K version is rather small so I don't think I will be at a disadvantage if I choose the C over the K. I find the C much sexier.

Guys how about the 3rd generation of the brand Src? src 3rd generation g36c. They say the second generation was kinda the same as the JG brand, and that the 3rd generation is a step up from that?

Well, I bought the JG G36K because:

1. It was only $130

2. It came with a free $80 rail system

3. Upgrades only cost me $50

So it only cost me $180+ BB's

And honestly, it's a very nice gun. It's very sturdy, nothing wiggles at all. Foldable stock is nice. The rail system is EXCELLENT, and looks way cooler than the regular G36 front rails. It shoots just under 400 FPS (Around 380), so I can get it into any event and arena. Because around here, they usually cut large events off at 400 FPS. So I have one of the highest guns you can get in there. And I can hit a pole that's diameter is only about 3 inches from 100+ feet away every single time on both semi-auto and full-auto. It's ambidextrous, which is nice for lefties out there. And it's RoF is around 20 BB's per second. Haven't had a single problem with it (other than the exploding fuse, which might have just been a defective fuse) since I've purchased it. And I've owned it for about a year and a half now. Anyways, that's my two cents on this. Good luck!

Guest alberty
I think SRC is just an expensive JG, never used one and I've never seen one. Plus, JG G36 has a LOT of people who swear by it, as you can tell :a-laugh:

Uh, how can you say that while admitting you've never used or seen one? SRC is not the same as JG, internals are different (typically the same as in other SRC AEGs) although still standard to TM spec.

(If you were joking, sorry).

I just recently sold my KWA G36c. Biggest mistake of my life. It doesn't have the Blow-back effect but you can't beat the solid feel of the rifle. It's really the V3 that takes the cake.

Overall, the WE may be your best budget bet, since it the GBB and is fairly cheap. Put the remainder of your money into upgrades.

Just my $0.02. If you have any other questions about the KWA internals, externals, etc. feel free to PM me since I've owned one and done some crazy stuff to them. Hope that helps.

Uh, how can you say that while admitting you've never used or seen one? SRC is not the same as JG, internals are different (typically the same as in other SRC AEGs) although still standard to TM spec.

(If you were joking, sorry).

It was a half joke. And I said I think. I didn't say "IT"S A WASTE OF MONEY OGRHFIPUFGRIFBEUI newbie" :a-laugh:

I did know that SRC has different internals, since that's the brand and all, but I have no idea how much different.