Sign in to follow this  
goodkat

Looking for a gun (m4)

Hi guys, I am a newbie trying to buy my first gun, and really need help with it. I want one of the m4 with RIS so I can attach a vertical grip to it, cause it looks really cool :D

There are too many brands and types out there tho, I cant decide which one should I get. My budget will not be more than 300.

This is a gun that I really like

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=41899

any opinion about it? any better advice of which m4 should I get? will use it for both CQB and field.

I also heard that AEG's with blowback are better (blowback means recoil sensation right?)

thanks in advance :D

Guest alberty

In my opinion, blowback is not better for AEGs. My reasoning is that "blowback" is just a cosmetic feature on AEGs since they don't cycle a bolt like gas guns do. Having a blowback feature just means more parts in the gun, adding onto the existing complexity of the internals, and depending on what brand you have it can also mean proprietary parts. Because it's a cosmetic feature, it's not worth having from a tech standpoint since it just means more parts to deal with when working tuning or repairing the gun.

Additionally, blowback in AEGs does not always mean "kick". Some AEGs may simulate a small amount of kick, such as the TM Recoil Shock series, but they usually are not to the same satisfaction as some gas guns provide like GBBRs or classic systems. Typical AEGs that have blowback without kick mean you just get a clanking noise from the fake bolt cycling when you're firing the gun.

I have a Classic Army M15A4 that I am selling for $300 shipped, you should check it out!

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/WTS-TM-C...1#entry18705971

Other than that, for that price range you can find a good amount of options. I have heard good things a G&G Raiders, obviously I reccomend classic army but new ones are going to be a little out of your price range. KWA SR7's and SR10's are great too but also a little bit out of your price range. Electric Blowback is a waste in my oppinion. You end up paying more for it, it will have more problems (just one more part to break), uses more battery, and most recoils are super weak and barely noticeable.

Buy a black ops m4 by ignite it may be sold at wal mart but it is actually a good gun it has a full metal gearbox and some other metal parts plus youll have money left over to buy a shitload of bbs

:a-grin:

Err... I can't tell if you're trolling or not. But don't listen to ^

Blowback isn't really worth it on an AEG, you just get a funny noise and a little moving that breaks and then you'll be cussing your gun out.

Guest alberty
Buy a black ops m4 by ignite it may be sold at wal mart but it is actually a good gun it has a full metal gearbox and some other metal parts plus youll have money left over to buy a shitload of bbs

:a-grin:

That is a rebranded APS M4 with some proprietary parts. I really don't recommend it even on a budget.

I also heard that AEG's with blowback are better (blowback means recoil sensation right?)

You heard wrong.

I will parrot what everyone else is saying, "jiggly door" (Electric Blow Back) AEG's are for really young minded people. In reality it is not really cool, your opponents won't see it in action nor will they care you have one. They are more difficult to upgrade or "blue print" and most "Good" techs refuses to work on them, unless you really bribe them for their time and troubles.

Stay simple and get something that works well.

Edited by Guges Mk3

I think King Arms M4A1's give the most quality with a cheap price.

-Most of the parts are TM compatible so you will not have any difficulty finding parts.

-I my opinion their externals are better than most.

-They are around 200 USD without any discount coupons which means with your leftover money you can buy internal and external upgrades.

I am sure they have their drawbacks but I am pretty pleased with them.

I think King Arms M4A1's give the most quality with a cheap price.

-I my opinion their externals are better than most.

-They are around 200 USD without any discount coupons which means with your leftover money you can buy internal and external upgrades.

Better than most in the 200.00 price range or even better than $300 G&P's, 400.00 Inokotsu's and others over the 200.00 mark?

And being that this player is new. Do Not Buy Upgrades for your Only Working AEG.

I see way to many Newbie kids buy an AEG and then buy "upgrade" parts for it. Then they think they can do it themselves, only to mess it up and they are down with an unusable AEG. Then they eat up all my time fixing their goofs and the compensation is "not" worth it. Especially when they bring it to the field on game day and "ask me" to look at it.

They wonder why I don't bring tools to the field anymore...

Edited by Guges Mk3

Hi guys, I am a newbie trying to buy my first gun, and really need help with it. I want one of the m4 with RIS so I can attach a vertical grip to it, cause it looks really cool :D

There are too many brands and types out there tho, I cant decide which one should I get. My budget will not be more than 300.

This is a gun that I really like

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=41899

any opinion about it? any better advice of which m4 should I get? will use it for both CQB and field.

thanks in advance :D

Ok just a few things for starters, and this is meant just for your buying experience/clarity and absolutely not as cynicism:

1.) When something is advertised as being "Blow Back," make sure you check to see that it really is providing kick because not all models do. Some lower end models only provide a moving fake bolt so that it appears the gun is cycling "rounds" into the "chamber," neither of which exist on an airsoft replica.

2.) The one in the link is a nicer gun, but do bear in mind that for that price you can also get a GBBR if "kick" is the desired effect: GBBRs are upgradeable to provide very realistic kick; especially in M4s. But as a disclaimer, before I get flamed for not clarifying: it is also possible to upgrade kick features to AEGs BUT this is more specialized and not as easy to do/straightforward as with a GBB.

Now, on to the guns, which may or may not be helpful:

The gun in the link is a very sturdy machine, and I would vouch for it mostly because it is machined aluminum and has the Nylon+ parts. Nylon parts have a great feel to them and are sort of like holding a baby in your arms: you begin to care just a bit more about what you're carrying. Overall, a nice pick.

Here's one you may not have considered previously:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-KWA-G36C.htm

The above is a B.A. gun and provides a ton of power + the fact that it has a V3 gearbox with a motor shell VS. the M4's normal V2. I have indeed owned this gun and selling it was the worst thing I ever did. But the below link is for an M4 I have personally used and would recommend to anyone with a $300 budget:

http://www.airsplat.com/items/ER-KWA-M4-SR7-7.htm

Now this one does indeed feature KWAs new 2x gearbox and with larger bearings. I just picked up one of these mechboxes (shout-out to the great guys on airsoftforum) and it is a nice update to the original. Plus this one is actually a CQB/CQR style so you won't need to dump a ton of money into it before you hit the turf.

Anyhow, just my opinion and some options: and no, I do not work for KWA, :a-salute: just a fan.

Best of luck!

Better than most in the 200.00 price range or even better than $300 G&P's, 400.00 Inokotsu's and others over the 200.00 mark?

And being that this player is new. Do Not Buy Upgrades for your Only Working AEG.

I see way to many Newbie kids buy an AEG and then by "upgrade" parts for it. THen they think they can do it themselves, only to mess it up and they are down with an unusable AEG. Then they eat up all my time fixing their goofs and the compensation is "not" worth it. Especially when they bring it to the field on game day and "ask me" to look at it.

They wonder why I don't bring tools to the field anymore...

-Better than other less than 200 USD mark M4A1's, better than Chinasofts.

-In my experience a KA M4A1 is ready to use out of the box so I am not saying he should try to upgrade right after buying. Not until something fails. Than he can use the money he saved for new parts. Or just buy external upgrades like sights or rails etc...

1.) When something is advertised as being "Blow Back," make sure you check to see that it really is providing kick because not all models do. Some lower end models only provide a moving fake bolt so that it appears the gun is cycling "rounds" into the "chamber," neither of which exist on an airsoft replica.

Actually it does. But it's not low end.

TOP M4A1 Shell Ejecting AEG. You you have to load each shell with one 6mm bb.

top_m4_carbine_01.jpg

Look at that gearbox!

Mechbox%20-%20Open%20-%202.JPG

Look at 2:20

the gun I was talking about is badass

It isn't badass, it is a bad :censored2: As in, IT SUCKS LIKE A VERY FRIENDLY MONKEY.

That's how much it sucks.

Edited by Coyote98