to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
yeah25

[ask]mk16 from evike

Hi guys, I'm just about to join airsoftgun community, and I need some suggestion on weapon that im gonna buy (for both CQB and Field play). So far, my option falls into this one. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=28438 what do you guys think? I'm planning to buy extra mags, but when I browsed, I didnt see if there's any mag for mk16. Does it use mag of m4/m16, or is there any specific type of mag. for mk16? I'm also wondering about the type battery and its charger. it's only specified small type of battery, but im not quite sure which battery that I should choose and if you guys have any recommendation on the charger, that would be really great. And also, for the optics, is there any preference when playing field or CQB? Thank you!

Edited by yeah25

It'll take M4/M16 mags since they are made to take the standard STANAG type, and small type means small brick battery. Usually you can fit a nun-chuck battery in a small type compartment.

As for charger, get a smart charger. Tenergy makes one for about $25, but there are much better ones out there.

Off topic, I liked the review on their site where it said "can I put a drum mag on it and make a Hammer from bo2?"

Guest alberty

That gun is supposed to be compatible with most standard M4 type magazines. I say most because you could always find something that doesn't fit, so just pick something that's pretty standard and you'll be fine.

The description calls for a small type battery meaning 2/3A cell, not sub-C cells. I remember the storage space in the stock is very small, so I would guess at most it could possibly fit up to a 9.6v NiMH brick or nunchuck battery, "small type." Another option is a small lipo battery, but you'll need to know the basics of lipo battery usage.

For a basic NiMH battery pack you'll want to get a smart charger. You don't want to get a basic trickle charger because they have no features which will stop when the battery is full and they are also extremely slow. The cheapest ones would be something like the ones you'll find on airsoft websites but RC retailers are good for those as well.

Edited by alberty

Some brands of airsoft M4 magazines don't work with certain brands of airsoft guns but if you go with a brand like MAG (plastic or metal) or G&P for example you will be just fine.

Battery space is limited. I used a lithium polymer battery and smart charger. You can them at a place like hobbypartz for very good prices and there are tons of resources online to educate you on how to use lipo batteries. They're very easy to deal with after a quick 5-10 minute read on them.

optics are not really needed to be an effective player. Some players do actually use them while others have them on for looks. Still, many players will shoot a volley and adjust from there. A player used to the "shoot and adjust" may be more effective than a newer player who has an optic so it is more about the player and less about the equipment.

hey guys, thank you all for the information. Finally I placed my order for VFC mk16, can't wait to unwrap it..dammmnnnn! Btw, for CQB, do you guys have any suggestion for flashlight? There are really tons of flashlight's variety and I'm totally blown off..can't decide (link from evike: http://www.evike.com/advanced_search_resul...-718&y=-123 ). Any suggestion will greatly appreciate! Thank youu.!

I have a Nebo Redline, and it's nice. It is 220 lumens if I'm correct, and can go into strobe among other things. Last I checked it was $20 on Amazon and it takes normal AAA batteries. I've had mine for a year now with constant use(mostly outside of airsoft, it works for everything) and I haven't had to change the batteries yet.

And I forgot to mention, it's tough as hell :a-laugh: