Bigcros

G&G Raider L-GBB

Hey guys. To start off, this is my first post on here. I've been searching around for a decent-price, decent-quality starter GBB. I finally decided on the G&G Raider with Long Barrel since it is the only one I have found for under $150. What do y'all think of the rifle? Any tips or thoughts before I buy it? Also, I'm buying the propane adapter. No green gas for me haha

I would honestly buy a aeg before a gbb as a begginer rifle. But that gun isn't a bad gbb so that it gets your toes wet in the gbb world. But the internals and mags are abit different then most gbb.

If I'm not mistaken its a NBB (Non-BlowBack), so the bolt doesn't cycle externally with each shot, thus making it quite different from other GBBR's (Gas-BlowBack Rifle)

It won't really prepare you for getting a higher end GBBR since it lacks many common features on a G&P, WA, WE, GHK, etc, simply making you less familiar with their systems. gorbasho on the forums here is known to build and sell G&P Challenge Kits at the same cost you would buy one from Evike. Cool thing about Challenge Kits, which aren't usually seen as a good thing, is the internal build quality isn't that high compared to a normal WOC, so it'll force you to learn how to troubleshoot, replace, and upgrade parts.

While the price may be tempting, it probably won't be what you want or are expecting. I'm considering getting a G&P CK to learn and tinker with in my free time.

If I'm not mistaken its a NBB (Non-BlowBack), so the bolt doesn't cycle externally with each shot, thus making it quite different from other GBBR's (Gas-BlowBack Rifle)

It won't really prepare you for getting a higher end GBBR since it lacks many common features on a G&P, WA, WE, GHK, etc, simply making you less familiar with their systems. gorbasho on the forums here is known to build and sell G&P Challenge Kits at the same cost you would buy one from Evike. Cool thing about Challenge Kits, which aren't usually seen as a good thing, is the internal build quality isn't that high compared to a normal WOC, so it'll force you to learn how to troubleshoot, replace, and upgrade parts.

While the price may be tempting, it probably won't be what you want or are expecting. I'm considering getting a G&P CK to learn and tinker with in my free time.

The bolt does travel, but it doesn't travel all the way, so it doesn't lock back and there's no functional bolt release. Pretty much defeats the purpose of a GBBR if it doesn't operate exactly like the real thing!

Guest alberty

If you watch some videos reviewing the system, you'll see it's more like a GBB gearbox, paired with gas magazines, that goes into the G&G AEG bodies as opposed to a true GBBR. As Disco_Dante covered, you don't get most of the nice, realistic features from a GBBR in this rendition by G&G. It would be similar to a gas-using version of their blowback AEGs.

Heed everyone's advice. With that gun, you'll have all the *disadvantages* of a GBB, with none of the advantages.

It does not function as a real rifle. No bolt release. [I believe there's no working charging handle; may be wrong though]. One of the most attractive points of a GBB is that it mimics a rifle in that it needs to be charged, it stops firing when out of ammo, and it recoils. You will not feel any significant recoil with this rifle.

It uses a gas-in-mag system, without blowback. This means that you will experience cool-down and have limited ammunition. An AEG would be better because it has more ammo, and better consistency. A Polarstar rifle would be the same, but far more consistent as it runs off an external tank.

GBB's tend to have aftermarket support. As of now, there are no parts that I'm aware of. AEG's are standard; you can find parts for them everywhere.

Gas Blowback Rifles are not cheap. The require knowledge of basic mechanics. If you're on such a tight budget, I'd say either save quite a bit more and get a full-fledged GBBR, or go back to an AEG.

Guest alberty
The gun actually feels like a .22 when shot, and has a working charging handle that charges the gun. It does have blowback..

Oh, you are correct. Looks like I made some mistakes from the older videos I have watched--they didn't show those details and I couldn't understand the guy speaking in the promo video. This video shows all of those features in good detail:

Thanks for the correction. Looks like it's not bad for an inexpensive GBBR, although I'd personally recommend a different brand/model like the KWA LM4.

The gun actually feels like a .22 when shot, and has a working charging handle that charges the gun. It does have blowback..

Gah. I'm sorry about that. I mistook the gun for a GHK box. Although from looks, I wouldn't say that it kicks like a 22. More like a recoil shock AEG. Looks are highly subjective though.

Although the rest of my post still stands. I would recommend a higher-end AEG, or a higher-end GBB. You can get a nice WE G36 for just a bit more.

Gah. I'm sorry about that. I mistook the gun for a GHK box. Although from looks, I wouldn't say that it kicks like a 22. More like a recoil shock AEG. Looks are highly subjective though.

Although the rest of my post still stands. I would recommend a higher-end AEG, or a higher-end GBB. You can get a nice WE G36 for just a bit more.

You're still mostly right. All the disadvantages of a GBBR, none of the advantages.