Sign in to follow this  
Shingo

APS UAR Feedback

For those who have used the new APS Urban Assault Rifle (UAR):

- What do you think about them?

- How well built are they out of the Box?

- What problems have you seen after several games?

- I do not plan to upgrade the UAR and will keep it 'stock', but what should I keep in mind jsut in case?

KWA M4 I have is difficult to move around when playing in heavy brush enviroment. I'm looking at the UAR and thought it would be a good candidate since I can use the same mags. I welcome and highly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Edited by Shingo

Guest alberty

Question--why are you having trouble using your KWA M4 in that environment, and how will the UAR work better than that gun for maneuverability?

OP, how familiar are you with a heavy brush environment? That sounds more like a practice and training issue and less of an equipment problem.

There are tons of players out there taking their sniper weapons, DMRs, etc etc whilst being covered in ghillie suits/veils/etc into the brush to set up.

If there are other reasons you want the UAR, then by all means go for it. As a solution for a lack of possible practice and familiarity, there are better and lower cost options out there.

thanks everyone for your response.... playing in heavy brush is not impossible. I still play very well with the KWA M4 in those situations. I've done so for yearssss. The M4 will likely be my primary rifle for most applications.

But lately in thicker brush, I sometimes sling my rifle and switch to the 1911. the switch is great and moving through the bush is a breeze. This has me thinking if a more compact rifle would feel more comfortable in heavy brush... so now I'm looking at the UAR to try out. Like in all applications in life, some tools work better for different situations. So I'm looking to explore other options out there.

P90 is another consideration... but the M4 mag compatibility is attractive on the UAR.

I'm not asking for advise on tactics, how I should practice, or how to save $$$. I'm looking for info on the APS UAR.

Thanks again.

Guest alberty

The reason why we ask you about your current movement practices is because we figure that if mobility is a strong factor in why you're deciding to get a new gun, reconsidering your current practices can help you figure if your gun size is really an issue or not, and if it's enough that you would considering buying a whole new gun just for a smaller size. Remember that you can change some externals on an M4 AEG.

If you are intending to get a new gun regardless then sure, you can ignore those things and get back to the exact gun in question.

If you want other options that use an M4 mag and can be made small or lightweight, there's the Masada with folding stock, L86A2, PDW, SCAR-L, and possibly a few others.

Otherwise, the UAR is probably okay. I don't have any more information about it to give myself.

Edited by alberty

Some, perhaps many, mid-cap mags won't fit, or only fit after modification to mag or to magwell. Very similar problem to G&G F2000. Hi-caps fine. There are definitely workarounds. Otherwise pretty good. Issue with very tight flash hider and disassembly solved. (See YouTube videos.) Overall, I think it's good value.

Edited by verisimilitude

Out of the 3 we received at my store 1 was DOA out of the box. So I'll tear that apart soon to fix it, probably put a video on youtube about the internals. I'm not keen on APS, they have a poor track record.

It has a problem fitting midcaps not high caps. Of the mags we tested only Pmags and Emags fit without modifications.

verisimilitude, I read some of these mag issues online last night. thanks for the heads up.

I found this review which is very helpful:

Thanks alberty... I will definitely check out the Masada, L86A2, PDW, SCAR-L. Still shopping and seeing what is out there so the suggestions are highly appreciated. I want to keep the M4 (KWA SR10) its current size. It feels great and love how it performs. In open fields with bunkers/building, hills, trenches and even light/medium brush the M4 serves me very well. So shortening it is not an option. Just want to switch rifles between games when I know for sure it's a heavy brush enviroment.