Sign in to follow this  
BigTr33z

Which SCAR has the best internals

I am asking this on behalf of a friend. Everything I have researched and came up with is over 2 years old, at least, so I would like some fresh opinions.

I have worked on the Dboys, G&G, VFC, and Echo 1 SCARS. I also owned a VFC for quite awhile. I cannot stress how appealing the quick takedown was. I did not find the selector switches to be an issue after a few disassemblies and reassemblies. Once I replaced the piston, motor, and gears I did not have a single gripe about it. I have since sold that one and it is now in the possession of one of my teammates that uses it as his primary today.

From what I remember, the G&G was not bad at all after the motor and piston were replaced. They come shooting a bit hot, so I know I will have to crack it open right away to meet our field requirements.

I really can't remember much more after that, because I have not had to work on a SCAR is quite some time now.

Remember, the guy does not care about externals. He just wants to get the one with the best internals.

So let's hear what all of you guys have to say. Thanks in advance.

-BOSS

I am asking this on behalf of a friend. Everything I have researched and came up with is over 2 years old, at least, so I would like some fresh opinions.

I have worked on the Dboys, G&G, VFC, and Echo 1 SCARS. I also owned a VFC for quite awhile. I cannot stress how appealing the quick takedown was. I did not find the selector switches to be an issue after a few disassemblies and reassemblies. Once I replaced the piston, motor, and gears I did not have a single gripe about it. I have since sold that one and it is now in the possession of one of my teammates that uses it as his primary today.

From what I remember, the G&G was not bad at all after the motor and piston were replaced. They come shooting a bit hot, so I know I will have to crack it open right away to meet our field requirements.

I really can't remember much more after that, because I have not had to work on a SCAR is quite some time now.

Remember, the guy does not care about externals. He just wants to get the one with the best internals.

So let's hear what all of you guys have to say. Thanks in advance.

-BOSS

What's the most expensive? VFC. Safe to say that VFC has the best internals. When in doubt remember you get what you pay for. Dboys is definitely a no, G&G probably is alright but not the best, don't know about Echo 1. VFC is a great brand, great externals and good internals.

Guest alberty

Don't forget there's also AGM, Classic Army, STAR, ARES, and Tokyo Marui with the recoil shock version. I'd say the Tokyo Marui would be the best, although you have to use Recoil Shock magazines.

Guest alberty
I thought you could use regular m4 mags with the recoil shock scar. you just need the recoil shock magazine for the bolt catch feature.

Don't remember, I thought the shape and feed hole location were proprietary?