Sign in to follow this  
Kochrane

Good M4 starter rifle?

I'm looking for a good decent starter rifle and I've been eyeing a few different rifles for a few days. I'm starting a USAF JTAC/CCT loadout.

Airsoft GI G4 SOCOM Blowback AEG

KWA Full Metal KM4

G&G Gr15 Raider Carbine Electric Blowback AEG

I was curious to what opinions others had on here for a good starter rifle. I'd appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks,

Kris

kwa's are really nice since you don't even have to do anything to them out of the box. mine shoots like a laser completely stock internally. run a good battery with it like an elite 9.6. its an excellent choice as a starter if you have the near $400 to dish out on it and the cost of a good battery. you buy the gun and the battery and youre immediately ready to compete in a game. kwa's have been known to have bearing and gear failures though, and they also have some aftermarket upgrade incompatibility issues ...not that you really need to upgrade things. other than that they are more widely known for lasting a very long time without issue. its the type of gun where you don't touch the internals until something breaks

if you didnt wanna pay much id say a jg full metal. jg actually makes nice ones. and I had a d-boys that was externally rock solid TOUGH

to me the perfect clone m4 would be jg internals in d-boys externals

I think I would say to buy a less expensive clone to start out with if you arent yet familiar with an aeg. then at a later point in time after youve familiarized yourself with its functions and internal workings, sell it and then buy a GREAT one

Edited by Zemanova

If you want an M4, G&P is a really good brand to choose from. they are full metal, shoot 350-400 fps out of the box depending on what battery you use ( my G&P defender shot about 390 fps when I first got it using .20s and a 7.4 lipo). the best thing is that they are not ridiculously expensive.

some things you should look at:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/g-p-hong-ko...6-position.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/g-p-hong-ko...-long-sand.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/g-p-hong-ko...irsoft-aeg.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/g-p-hong-ko...-aeg-black.html

G&P also have alot of guns with magpul parts for a very good price.

hope this helps.

If you want an M4, G&P is a really good brand to choose from. they are full metal, shoot 350-400 fps out of the box depending on what battery you use ( my G&P defender shot about 390 fps when I first got it using .20s and a 7.4 lipo). the best thing is that they are not ridiculously expensive.

I'm sorry...but your have a major misconception here. Batteries have absolutely no bearing on FPS. It only affects ROF.

I'm sorry...but your have a major misconception here. Batteries have absolutely no bearing on FPS. It only affects ROF.

He speaks the truth.

Grab a g&p m4. $250. Upgrade it as you go. Save paychecks/allowance and you can end up with a very pretty setup.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

You should also consider King Arms m4a1 full metal (ka-ag-20) or nylon reciever version (ka-ag-63). They're the same internally regarding GB but do have some differences. Nylon comes with a plastic hop up and no bolt catch, while metal one comes with metal hop up and working bolt catch. I'm currently trying to destroy mine with an 11.1v 15c (all stock, 21rps) but had no succses after 10k bbs so far.

I do feel like those guns are overlooked on this forum but really can't see a reason why. The externals are very solid, the gun is accurate, can handle a lipo very well, and is one of the most upgrade friendly rifles. The only drawback would be its realitively low power at sub 350 (dunno why all the online tests come at 390+, maybe the european version has weaker spring, much like canadian has stronger), but that can be easily and cheaply rectified. You really cant go wrong with it. And its cheaper than an ICS.