to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
turtletech

Opinions on gay Marriage?

Do you support Gay marriage?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it should be legal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Civil Unions, not marriage.

My only concern now, is where will the line be drawn?

Animals? Inanimate objects (Marry your gun!) ? Children?

With a quick search, I found a video of one guy who married a videogame character, another married his pillow, so go figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1cRWRzR5Ew

I remember a joke an older friend from India told me. He said when his daughter got married, he gifted the husband 5 female goats and a card that said "Here's five goats in case you ever aren't satisfied with [my daughter]!"

Actually in the first world, the problem is not overpopulation, quite the reverse. Declining birthrate is a growing problem, the US is able to counter it through immigration, but nations that don't have immigration, or don't want immigration, have to try to devise other solutions. ie.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB125495746062571927

IMO, in the future, the most interesting schemes to come will happen in China, which suffers from a lack of women due to the one-child policy and practices such as sex-selective abortion. Right now, people marrying pillows or video game characters are at the fringe, and I believe they will continue to be even in the future (I don't see this behavior ever becoming mainstream or widely practiced). But what happens when robots start to replace the roles that were once served by humans? As their functionality improves, a certain type of man may be perfectly satisfied with a robot wife, even to the point of preferring 'her' to a human wife, and the same goes for a certain type of woman who would prefer a robot husband over a human husband. Once a high-end item is something attractive to 5-10% of the population, that's when it is no longer just on the fringe, and it becomes a business venture worth pursuing.

Actually in the first world, the problem is not overpopulation, quite the reverse. Declining birthrate is a growing problem, the US is able to counter it through immigration, but nations that don't have immigration, or don't want immigration, have to try to devise other solutions. ie.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB125495746062571927

IMO, in the future, the most interesting schemes to come will happen in China, which suffers from a lack of women due to the one-child policy and practices such as sex-selective abortion. Right now, people marrying pillows or video game characters are at the fringe, and I believe they will continue to be even in the future (I don't see this behavior ever becoming mainstream or widely practiced). But what happens when robots start to replace the roles that were once served by humans? As their functionality improves, a certain type of man may be perfectly satisfied with a robot wife, even to the point of preferring 'her' to a human wife, and the same goes for a certain type of woman who would prefer a robot husband over a human husband. Once a high-end item is something attractive to 5-10% of the population, that's when it is no longer just on the fringe, and it becomes a business venture worth pursuing.

Hopefully they'll program those without that "nag" bug that the version 1's have...

I'm generally okay with same-sex couples, because I've always believed in one of the core values of this country:

"The pursuit of happiness."

So if another guy is someone's happiness, or a woman is another woman's happiness and being with them makes them happy and it doesn't infringe on my life or how I live mine, I say go for it, I have absolutely zero reason to oppose it. It's only once they start pushing for things and doing things that screw with other peoples' lives that I start to have a seriously negative response to it.

Take for example the wedding cake shops and businesses that have been forced to close down because the owners don't support gay marriage. Instead of simply going to another shop which *does* support it, and would happily make them a wedding cake, they opt instead to use social media and the current media machine to destroy the business instead. Instead of just letting the shop owners lose the business and money from the loss of the sale, they choose to take out all of their anger, spite, and malice on the people and have their business and owners bankrupted instead.

At that point, I'll tell that person to take that rainbow flag and shove it up their %#$, because having a business shut down and bankrupted simply because they don't cater to a specific couple's desires is wrong on so many levels and orders of magnitude, it should be criminal. If a business doesn't provide the services you're looking for, go somewhere else that will - the market will balance itself out and businesses that aren't successful will fail and disappear.

Edited by Jerichow
  • Upvote 1

Take for example the wedding cake shops and businesses that have been forced to close down because the owners don't support gay marriage. Instead of simply going to another shop which *does* support it, and would happily make them a wedding cake, they opt instead to use social media and the current media machine to destroy the business instead. Instead of just letting the shop owners lose the business and money from the loss of the sale, they choose to take out all of their anger, spite, and malice on the people and have their business and owners bankrupted instead.

At that point, I'll tell that person to take that rainbow flag and shove it up their %#$, because having a business shut down and bankrupted simply because they don't cater to a specific couple's desires is wrong on so many levels and orders of magnitude, it should be criminal. If a business doesn't provide the services you're looking for, go somewhere else that will - the market will balance itself out and businesses that aren't successful will fail and disappear.

How do you feel about the laws that protect races from discrimination against private businesses, than?

You do know that all businesses have to cater to the customers needs. If they don't, they go bankrupt. Consumers have the right to say what ever they want about a business as long as it is true. If they want to stay in business, its their responsibility to change.

Edited by Tomtortoise

Any business that isn't a state or federally funded organization can technically refuse to serve anyone for any reason at any time.

I support this idea, but also think that if someone is a homophobic, racist, or sexist towards customers, they have to deal with the economic repercussions of their actions without government support for their business.