Sign in to follow this  
Fireren

Which "Glock" Style GBB Should I get

So I'm looking to purchase a "glock" style Gas Blow Back and I really have no idea which one to get. I've narrowed it down to the following:

-Echo 1 Timberwolf

-WE Tech G17

-KWA ATP

and possible the WE Tech G19

Out of the above which do you guys recommend based on primarily accuracy and durability. Thanks!

So I'm looking to purchase a "glock" style Gas Blow Back and I really have no idea which one to get. I've narrowed it down to the following:

-Echo 1 Timberwolf

-WE Tech G17

-KWA ATP

and possible the WE Tech G19

Out of the above which do you guys recommend based on primarily accuracy and durability. Thanks!

http://www.airsplat.com/items/GP-KJW-G23-B.htm

I own this, its a good solid GBB handgun if you like the glock shaped guns.

I have heard WE tech pretty much blows (pun not intended) but I don't have any hands on experience with them. I don't think I would buy a WE tech though because of the bad reviews I have heard.

OP might consider a 19/23 sized GBB as opposed to the 17 style if you plan on carrying the gun in places other than your belt/thigh rig.

The smaller size means it takes up less room, less bulk, and a slightly faster draw. The size difference doesn't look like much but it's noticeable for sure. YMMV but I will be replacing my ATP with a 19/23 style gun soon.

OP might consider a 19/23 sized GBB as opposed to the 17 style if you plan on carrying the gun in places other than your belt/thigh rig.

The smaller size means it takes up less room, less bulk, and a slightly faster draw. The size difference doesn't look like much but it's noticeable for sure. YMMV but I will be replacing my ATP with a 19/23 style gun soon.

Are you thinking about getting the WE-tech G19 or is there a better alternative 19/23 style gun on the market.

I heard the KWA G19 was discontinued for copyright issues. How hard is it to get a brand new stock one these days?

KWA G19 is not sold in the US any more...but you can get them in Europe as a ASG or Asia as a KSC G19. Or find a "broker" that has access to them in the US.

And the WE ones are just fine for the price point. They are not MADE by WE, WE just rebrands the OEM of 3HK/HK3/HKP who actually makes them. You will have to tweek the hop-up for they are non-functional when they do arrive.

This Salient Arms G35 is based off a 3HK G17 and from, I can tell you after hop-up tweeking...this pistol is very durable.

8021534991_5ac4cd65f7_b.jpg

900 rounds one day and no issues.

I also adapted a Hicapa 5" barrel to it it makes other Glocks pale in performance comparison.

Edited by Guges Mk3

KSC or KJW 19/23 would be my preferred choices. Overseas retailers would be where I'd be buying them

Could you direct me to a good overseas retailer. Sorry, I've never ordered from anywhere other than Evike and AirsoftGI :/

Would this be a good choice:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...ide_Version.htm

or would this be better

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...Metal_Silde.htm

or this

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...Metal_Silde.htm

Edited by Axil

overseas retailers include ehobbyasia, wgc shop, and red wolf. I'm sure there are others too but between those 3 I can find just about anything I want/need.

I am by no means an expert in airsoft products but my leaning based on prior experience with all the GBBs I've ever owned is towards KJW and KSC/KWA.

I had a bad experience with an older WE GBBR but I've been hearing more and more that they are stepping up their game so I don't know haha. Maybe I'll get a WE for giggles.

overseas retailers include ehobbyasia, wgc shop, and red wolf. I'm sure there are others too but between those 3 I can find just about anything I want/need.

I am by no means an expert in airsoft products but my leaning based on prior experience with all the GBBs I've ever owned is towards KJW and KSC/KWA.

I had a bad experience with an older WE GBBR but I've been hearing more and more that they are stepping up their game so I don't know haha. Maybe I'll get a WE for giggles.

Don't do it! Its a trap! a couple buddies I play with both own a GBBR from WE, one had a scar that literally chopped BBs and the other had some other problems I'm not recalling.