Sign in to follow this  
atlgator

Standard loadout

Hello. I am about to create an airsoft platoon, but unfortunately we are on a budget. I tried to find the cheapest loadout I could get for the men of this platoon. I just want feedback on the loadout

Standard loadout: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3O...rlist_go_o_T1-2

Reccomended loadout to add to standard: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1E...ist_go_o_T1-3_d

Feedback? If you dislike it can you provide other low budget weapons?

Guest alberty

Instead of trying to spend money and time on a team loadout, work on getting high-grade guns first...

Instead of trying to spend money and time on a team loadout, work on getting high-grade guns first...

^ +1

Besides, you have an AK chest rig for M4 mags. That doesn't really work... Plus, Double Eagle guns are LPEGs.

Edited by Coyote98

What are your team's goals? To look cool in Facebook pictures? Sure, this'll work fine. To compete against other teams and veteran players, and perform well? Lol, no, not gonna happen. Cost isn't ALWAYS everything, but as a general rule in airsoft, you get what you pay for. My inner barrel costs more than your gun. My inner barrel, bucking, nub, and hop chamber cost more than everything in the cart you posted, and I promise I can spit BBs through my barrel farther than that Double Eagle can shoot them.

My loadout in a nutshell:

ATACs AU BDUs

King Arms M1A1 Thompson (Heavily upgraded, 5 midcaps)

KJW 1911 (Stock, 2 mags, SERPA holster)

Battle belt

Dead rag

Guarder GX1000 goggles

Tan scarf over a mesh lower mask

If you are on a SUPER tight budget, I would get CYMA AKs, one extra high cap mag, and a VISM/NcStar vest. I got one used from a friend until my two Hi-Capa mags in one pouch ripped it because it was cheap crap. So, you get what you pay for. I would rather get Flyye PCs though, they are pretty nice.

This is my budget loadout

-NCSTAR Crossdraw Vest(ACU)- $45

-Woodland BDU(Pants and Jacket)- $10

-JG M16A3- $130

-KJW Hi-Capa- $120

-6" Combat Boots- $80

-Scott Vectra Paintball Mask- $25

-ICS Sling(OD)- $10

-Matrix Speedloader- $5

-2 Hi-Capa Magazines- $50

-Barrel Sock- $0

Low budget weapons = low budget weapons. As much as I'd love to advocate the use of unconventional weapons that seemingly put users at a disadvantage, you'll have better luck throwing bbs by hand than trying to skirmish with that M83 in a regular game filled with proper AEGs. Don't believe the 200fps number you keep seeing at retailers, that's measured with .12g bbs! Unless your intentions are for theatrical (props) purposes only or everyone else is using the same kind of gun, you'll need to significantly increase your budget for a proper gun first.

YOU NEED 3 THINGS TO PLAY AIRSOFT.

A GUN- INVEST IN THIS BECAUSE IF IT FAILS YOUR SCREWED!

EYE PROTECTION - NO ONE WILL/SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO PLAY WITHOUT PROPER EYE PROTECTION

BBs - USE AT LEAST .2s IF YOUR PLAYING IN DOORS AND .28s IF YOUR PLAYING OUTDOORS

Everything after these 3 should be up to the player. If they want to spend money on a chest rig, mag pouch or cool clothes let them do so on their own. As far as being a team maybe choose a team color for everyone to wear but other than that you are going to ruin the game if people cant play the way they want to.

Don't get pistols. They're of far more limited use than their worth outdoors.

I would go with something like Drift King said. JG M16/M4 would be great. I would say M16 over M4 because full stock can hold larger batteries, better bang for buck in my opinion. Armalite is better because there are more parts available, and JG are TM clones, which are the most common parts out there. Sharing mags is easy, and again, mags are common. Plus, if your members want to, they can easily modify the rifles to their particular liking.

Post more information so we can better recommend things for you.

You should probably talk to some retailers if you're going to get 20+ guys (A platoon is between 26 and 50 people.) buying more or less the same stuff you could probably set up a group buy. Or make a group order from one of the stores in Hong Kong and split the shipping. (It's what we did before all the stateside retailers popped up.)

From the stuff you are looking at it seems like you have a fairly limited amount of experience playing. I think you should go to a field, see how other teams are running themselves, what kind of gear they run and hit people up for some knowledge of what works and what doesn't.

For guns and gear, here's a basic list:

Eye and face protection- This should be left to the individual as long as it has the necessary safety ratings.

AEG that is a fairly common make. You want something with lots of spare parts on the market.

Rifle sling- a lot of people don't use them, but I find that sometimes I just need two hands for something on the field and I don't want my expensive AEG sitting around where it could get lost, stepped on, etc.

Matching camouflage- surplus is a good bet. Woodland, DCU and German Flectarn are cheap and plentiful.

Pistol belt- this is not to hold a pistol but to hold other items:

-Magazine pouch (Not needed if you're running with just one hi cap.)

-Utility pouch (BB's, small personal items, etc.)

-Canteen if you are not using a Camelbak type system. Airsoft is very active and you need to stay hydrated in all weather conditions.

I tend to run a basic load like that more often than not. Huge vests are fun and all, but I like to keep it light.

Do I have to mention again that you don't need chest rigs, battle belts, gear vests, etc. to be able to play well? I'm not the only one on the field who uses little, most people seem to carry just enough for them to be able to play well, for the idea of not carrying what isn't absolutely necessary. For that matter, only the people using midcaps or low caps use a vest, and most people can get by just fine with a hi cap.

Standard woodland BDUs can be less than that dude, get them used for like $1.50

I do agree though, you don't need a chest rig. If you do get BDUs, you could fit an extra mag in the pockets, as with BBs. They have big pockets.

Do I have to mention again that you don't need chest rigs, battle belts, gear vests, etc. to be able to play well? I'm not the only one on the field who uses little, most people seem to carry just enough for them to be able to play well, for the idea of not carrying what isn't absolutely necessary. For that matter, only the people using midcaps or low caps use a vest, and most people can get by just fine with a hi cap.

Definitely agree. Unless you're playing an all day Op where you need like 12 midcaps, a battle belt or similar works just as well if not better than a vest or PC. I use 5 midcaps on a battle belt and it works great, much lighter and less hot than a vest. I'd recommend using midcaps, they hold plenty of rounds, and having to reload is exciting and adds a deeper level of play to the game. A JG M4 or M16 would work well for you, I personally think an M16 just looks better.

Guest alberty

I think we should hear more from the thread starter instead of having everyone discuss this endlessly.

eye protection is probably the most important thing your group will need. As I am new to this forum I don't know if word made it hear about someone here in the bay area that lost an eye.

Ya only get two so spend the money and protect them. As for a "standard load out" that varies from person to person and op to op. But if you are going platoon style, figure out who wants to do what and load out accordingly. When all is said and done it will be up to each member to carry what they want. you are not going to get the guy who wants to crawl into windows to carry a SAW no matter what you say lol.

That red dot probably won't see over the front sight post.

That red dot probably won't help that aeg very much at all.

Anyhow,

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=38961

Someone back me up on this because I'm not sure, but I think this is probably the cheapest you'll be able to find a 'decent' introductory aeg. Given, you can play airsoft with anything that can safely shoot a bb, I'd recommend going with something standardized and upgradable if you want to compete.

I went for a G&P M4 as my first quality aeg. I bring that, magazines, and a mask whenever I use it. Anything else goes in a converted laptop bag. So far I've found this to be completely acceptable. More than just that, even. Having a quality aeg in your hands is just... rewarding. It feels great to no longer be that person with the plastic ak.