The Airsoft Movement

Who is the best airsofter/youtuber?

Who do you think is the best airsofter on youtube? This person has to post airsoft gameplay to qualify so Crazyncman doesn't count. My favorite airsoft youtuber is tophatrunner. check him out! He actually takes time to edit his videos so that you could see what he is shooting clearly!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TopHatRunner

scoutthedoggie has some of the best footage I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutthedoggie

I've been watching his vids for years.

I really haven't come across any single one I like, besides Matt on Evike, but he's less of a review guy and more of a lets make funny videos for advertise products guy.

Tim and Bob, seem very unprofessional at times and the fanbase is nerdy codsofters.

The old guy who talks like hes pissed off all the time with the monotone voice, unsure of this dudes name has good reviews but they put me to sleep.

The Dragon guy, sorta goth looking, again puts me to sleep and is CONSTANTLY :censored2: about trolls and haters.

Whatchalookin at just needs to NOT review airsoft or even be allowed near a gun, honestly the KIDS and yes KIDS in those videos need their hands cut off (maybe feet too).

So yeah....can't think of a bunch more off the top of my head, but as I said I haven't found a single one that can combine, humor, a good review, and keep it interesting enough so I'm not constantly skipping forward.

As stated above, I rather figure things out for myself than listen to paid opinions. Best reviews are on the field seeing said gun in action.

Edited by Blankflank

None. They're all crap, at least all of the ones I've seen. It's either they plug cheap and unreliable guns, or their own sites, without regard to the truth. I'd rather figure things out myself.

I'm with you on this one. Reviews & plugs are almost always terrible. Then there are the people that do the Mystery Box unboxings, and those are boring as hell. Game play footage doesn't do much for me. I would rather play, than watch it be played, but I will watch the occasional one, usually from my local players.

About the only Youtube airsoft I like is tech videos and GOOD disassemble videos. (There are a ton of bad ones) Most people need to learn how to use a decent camera and FFS use a tripod.

Guest alberty
About the only Youtube airsoft I like is tech videos and GOOD disassemble videos. (There are a ton of bad ones) Most people need to learn how to use a decent camera and FFS use a tripod.

On that note...use a tripod but disable auto-focus FFS!

I occasionally watch mystery box unboxing videos, usually when Airsoft GI or Evike comes out with them, just to see what some people got. But of course, I will mostly see the lowest/most-common items in those videos.

In one video, I saw some guys unbox 3 mystery boxes from the same mystery box listing on Evike, and they got 3 identical guns (Matrix Zombie Killer M4 in case anyone cares). I actually got one myself...

In another video, I saw a group of kids who bought like 3 mystery boxes from a cheaper Airsoft GI gear mystery box, all of them were the identical thing (some black Condor chest rig, the HSGI Warlord clone). haha

There's also the AirsoftHD unboxing videos. I don't remember if that's the exact username but seems like all the videos are just mystery box unboxings...and as usual, they're usually identical items when he has more than one to open at a time. Of course he supposedly "won" the Evike grand prize through mystery boxes.

It makes you think, I don't think anyone has ever won a mini-gun.

Edited by alberty

I'm starting to think the "Mystery Boxes" are just to make even more money and get ubercodhax to buy their stuff.

I refuse to buy a Mystery Box mainly due to the craptastic stunt Evike pulled last year around Xmas. Passing off AIM Mp5s that where obvious low end Walmart AEGS in a $150 Mystery Box was just WRONG. The only reason they where even in the Box was because they had to get rid of them because of some HK bs. Don't get me wrong, as soon as they start offering Pistol Mystery Boxes, I'll jump on it as long as the low item isn't a WE Tech 1911. I would love to see a Mystery Box where the low item is something besides a low end gun or m4.

Edited by Blankflank

Guest alberty
I refuse to buy a Mystery Box mainly due to the craptastic stunt Evike pulled last year around Xmas. Passing off AIM Mp5s that where obvious low end Walmart AEGS in a $150 Mystery Box was just WRONG. The only reason they where even in the Box was because they had to get rid of them because of some HK bs. Don't get me wrong, as soon as they start offering Pistol Mystery Boxes, I'll jump on it as long as the low item isn't a WE Tech 1911. I would love to see a Mystery Box where the low item is something besides a low end gun or m4.

Hm, I do believe the Aim Top MP5s did retail around that price though. When you look at the internals that an Aim Top AEG has, it seems correct for the given price range (problem is the gun still sucks though, haha). I'm not a big fan of Evike's marketing or anything, but I just wanted to give my opinion that the Aim Top MP5s are not the same stuff you find at a Walmart, although they still aren't great either. As far as I know, the best you'll find at a Walmart is the "Black Ops" branded AEGs which are rebranded low-end APS AEGs.

FYI, Evike's mystery boxes that involve GBB pistols do usually have WE and Socom Gear single-stack 1911s. I would avoid those unless you wanna take the gamble in hopes of a KWA pistol or something. From what I remember, Evike's mystery boxes with pistols usually would involve WE Hi-capas and WE / Socom Gear 1911s as the most common and lowest value items, and then the nicer things like the KWAs were the ones where there was only 1 each.

There are sometimes mystery boxes that don't involve M4s, but you'll still get stuff you probably don't want.

Hm, I do believe the Aim Top MP5s did retail around that price though. When you look at the internals that an Aim Top AEG has, it seems correct for the given price range (problem is the gun still sucks though, haha). I'm not a big fan of Evike's marketing or anything, but I just wanted to give my opinion that the Aim Top MP5s are not the same stuff you find at a Walmart, although they still aren't great either. As far as I know, the best you'll find at a Walmart is the "Black Ops" branded AEGs which are rebranded low-end APS AEGs.

FYI, Evike's mystery boxes that involve GBB pistols do usually have WE and Socom Gear single-stack 1911s. I would avoid those unless you wanna take the gamble in hopes of a KWA pistol or something. From what I remember, Evike's mystery boxes with pistols usually would involve WE Hi-capas and WE / Socom Gear 1911s as the most common and lowest value items, and then the nicer things like the KWAs were the ones where there was only 1 each.

There are sometimes mystery boxes that don't involve M4s, but you'll still get stuff you probably don't want.

I don't doubt the AIM Mp5's where in that price range, my doubt is the condition that they where shipped out in. Not to mention in the $150 price range I can get a Combat machine which is pretty "decent" outa the box. So to see something that craptastic come out of the Boxes was a shock to me. They aren't Walmart excatly, but are pretty close in comparison. I'd only gamble on one if the low end pistol was like a WE Tech Biohazzard.

Aside from that, I find gear reviews often more helpful than any gun reviews I've seen. I wonder why that is.

Edited by Blankflank

Guest alberty
I'd only gamble on one if the low end pistol was like a WE Tech Biohazzard.

Aside from that, I find gear reviews often more helpful than any gun reviews I've seen. I wonder why that is.

Well to your luck, among the last few mystery boxes that I've seen Evike they have had the WE M9 Biohazard Samurai Edge in them. They were either the mystery items, or were the random bonuses that you could get in addition to your main mystery gun.

I find some gear reviews helpful, but I also find bad ones too. I guess gear reviews are harder to mess up or do "wrong", and even if the reviewer sucks at least you can see someone holding the item and showing it around on camera...

Doing vids that would entertain every single viewer would be a full time job. Recording footage from games is probably some of the toughest stuff to do and get quality footage worth watching. I am not sure How ScouttheDoggie does it, I got tired of being shot up every time I went out to film action, and only end up with 8 minutes of remotely good footage. Feels like a waist of a day.

Reviews... A lot of what Youtubers call reviews are merely overviews where they tell you stuff you already know, or can go to the retailer and read for yourself. And unless you have tons of money, things get quite expensive. I was doing vids all the time on affordable ACM stuff mostly from China sites with free shipping. This was for 2 reasons. 1. I could afford to do videos regularly 2. I felt those products were products most Airsofters can afford.

Those days are over. If I get something, I will review it, but I will no longer get stuff just for the sake of having content. I have over 100gb of footage that I never posted to youtube.

If it were EZ, everyone would do it.

For Reviews, I look to Booligan's Vids and Written Reviews to get good feedback on products.

Gameplay vids, I will watch anyone... Most of the time, the gameplay isn't what is exciting, the music and effects are what make them interesting.

Tech videos... Not so much. Those are hard to make and keep reasonably short. Getting angles and lighting correct and making sure the video shows everything the viewer may need to see is extremely difficult.. After my AOE Vid, I promised myself to never do one again. No matter how well you explain or show something, there are always those ijuts who shouldn't be in Gearboxes ruining their guns trying what they see in a vid.

In order;

SHWELL- he's not in it for the money, he's in it for improving the mindset and knowledge for new and experienced airsofters.

HunterSeeker5/Maikii and guys like them- not in it for the money, they help people understand R-hop and stuff like that.

Jarek4- He's a bit in it for the money, but he's honest and a VERY good reviewer for almost every aspect of the gun.

Watchalewknat- Another good gun reviewer, not as honest as Jarek, but still cool.

Others- plenty of YouTubers I've seen with awesome airsoft related vid's (such as

he makes some kick :censored2: stuff). If FPS Russia counted as an airsoft YouTuber, he'd definately be at the top. lol.

Guest alberty
Jarek4- He's a bit in it for the money, but he's honest and a VERY good reviewer for almost every aspect of the gun.

Something to consider though is that those "reviews" are just overviews. I don't know who pointed it out, but a review isn't really a review if it doesn't also cover negative aspects and provide some basis of comparison against comparable products. Not just Jarek4 but other retailers do the same thing.

Another thing to consider is something crazyNCman said--STOP, I am not trying to do the crazyNCman vs. Jarek4 debate here--a lot of people making "reviews" don't really give proper testing. Simply holding the airsoft gun and generally shooting at some object from some distance isn't really a good way to show accuracy and range out of the box.

A good example of a good test would be EpicAirsoftHD as JAi's testing uses fixed distances, good targets, vice grip/clamp to stabilize the gun, indoor environment with no wind factor, and makes it clear what kind of BBs are being used in each round. He has a chronograph somewhere, don't remember if chrono is shown in the videos or not.

Edited by alberty

Something to consider though is that those "reviews" are just overviews. I don't know who pointed it out, but a review isn't really a review if it doesn't also cover negative aspects and provide some basis of comparison against comparable products. Not just Jarek4 but other retailers do the same thing.

Another thing to consider is something crazyNCman said--STOP, I am not trying to do the crazyNCman vs. Jarek4 debate here--a lot of people making "reviews" don't really give proper testing. Simply holding the airsoft gun and generally shooting at some object from some distance isn't really a good way to show accuracy and range out of the box.

A good example of a good test would be EpicAirsoftHD as JAi's testing uses fixed distances, good targets, vice grip/clamp to stabilize the gun, indoor environment with no wind factor, and makes it clear what kind of BBs are being used in each round. He has a chronograph somewhere, don't remember if chrono is shown in the videos or not.

Wow I've never heard of him. I ought to check him out!