Sign in to follow this  
pingupenguins

ROF Question

I'm wondering if this sounds right, or should I get a new motor.

Parts:

Lonex A2 w/ new lonex brushes. (seen about 40-50k shots, and 1-2k on the new brushes.).

Seigtek 14:1 x3 ss'd

SHS M120

Turnigy 11.1v 15c 2000MAH

MERF 3.2 MOSFET

Lonex swiss cheesed Red piston

On this setup, I'm getting 23-24 on a full charge.

Does this sound right? What would happen if I put in an A1?

Edited by pingupenguins

I'm wondering if this sounds right, or should I get a new motor.

Parts:

Lonex A2 w/ new lonex brushes. (seen about 40-50k shots, and 1-2k on the new brushes.).

Seigtek 14:1 x3 ss'd

SHS M120

Turnigy 11.1v 15c 2000MAH

MERF 3.2 MOSFET

Lonex swiss cheesed Red piston

On this setup, I'm getting 23-24 on a full charge.

Does this sound right? What would happen if I put in an A1?

Sounds low in the RPS dept.

If you threw in the A1, you should do about 37rps.

I also agree that your A2 sounds a little slow. By my calculation, that's 20k rpm (Comparatively, the A1 is between 30k & 33.5krpm with a 11.1v) which isn't that far from what the JG Blue does (18k rpm) Even if you tack on the increase with your friends battery, that is 21.8k rpm. I would expect the A2 to be closer to the 25k-28k rpm range.

Have you tried cleaning the motor out, particularly the commutator? It seems Lonex char those up pretty good which can slow things down.

If all else fails, there is an active thread on AM about potential lemon Lonex motors that may be pertinent to your case. http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=9809.0

Edited by airborne101

Would just like to leave my input about lonex motors: All hype IMO. I've had 3 duds lonex motors... :/

<AT>OP Does your motor smell funny when you shoot? If it does, then it's dying.

Yeah it kinda smells funny. This is my second A2. First one I messed up the pinion, but it also smells weird.

UHG Rps dropped to 22 now. What motor should I get?

It's your motor. I had the same problem. One of my lonex motor which was barely used had it's power falling...

Got a new A1 and now my gun is hitting 30+ rps with 18:1 gears on 11.1 25c 2200mah.

A A2 at standard SHOULD hit at least 20-25 rps. With your 14:1 at least 25-30. A1 will make it go to 35-40.

I know 13:1 will make A1 at 40-45ish.

It's your motor. I had the same problem. One of my lonex motor which was barely used had it's power falling...

Got a new A1 and now my gun is hitting 30+ rps with 18:1 gears on 11.1 25c 2200mah.

A A2 at standard SHOULD hit at least 20-25 rps. With your 14:1 at least 25-30. A1 will make it go to 35-40.

I know 13:1 will make A1 at 40-45ish.

you have horrible estimates...

13:1 a1 on 11.1 barely touches 40 rps.

you have horrible estimates...

13:1 a1 on 11.1 barely touches 40 rps.

A2 / 13:1/ 11.1V 1600mah --G36C --34rps on xchortech 3200.

wage peace

Edited by philsaudio

Both my A2's have failed on me. One has a ridiculous appetite for brushes, the other has gotten very lazy. When it was new it would do 38rps with 13:1 ratio gears, M120 with 2 teeth SS and a high discharge 11,1v. Now it's down to 32rps... I cleaned the commutator gently with the eraser method, got it pretty clean, and put in fresh brushes. It ran at 36rps for a while, then dropped down to 29! I got it back up to 32 after some quick cleaning. I think it may be because of the brushes, they seem to be quite soft, and has much darker color than my other various brushes, so I'm guessing they are made from a slightly different material.

Both my A2's are pre-titan, and did nearly 30rps with 18:1 ratio gears, M120 and the same 11,1v li-po, now they're barely any faster with 13:1 ratio gears. Both have gone through 30-40K rounds, so not extremely worn either, do they really require this much maintenance to run properly? They would probably get their performance back with a proper reshaping of the commutator, but I don't have access to the proper equipment to do this.

Edited by Lefse

I'm having the same problem with cleaning. The damn think sh*ts black powder.

<AT>Guges, could you recommend a "next" motor instead of putting up a useless post? Thanks.

SHS. go go go!

Matrix Magnum is a good motor. SHS High torques are pretty good.

Lonex is dead to me. I've had 3 dud motors.

SHS. go go go!

Matrix Magnum is a good motor. SHS High torques are pretty good.

Lonex is dead to me. I've had 3 dud motors.

Maybe I got a bad one, but my SHS "torque" motor has less torque than my ICS Turbo 3K. It's a little early to tell, but I think I'm impressed by the Aim Top HS motor: it's fast and torquey, but I haven't had it long enough to tell if it is reliable.