Earmuffin585

G&P Body and Madbull mk18 Rail not compatible

I just went to install the rail today and what a huge disappointment. The rail and the body is not compatible. The threads on my G&P body is correct with the barrel nut. But the plate in which the rail screws on to wobbles because the barrel nut is actually not long enough to push it down onto the receiver. From what it seems , the threads on the G&P extend out further than my other metal bodies. You think Madbull would supply some shims to better adjust the bolt up system. I tried a different outer barrel and it helped a bit because the collar on it is thinner. Anyone got suggestions ?

I agree with jonsun81, go with an o-ring. They are great for this sort of thing, because they have some give that lets you tighten them to exactly where you want them, but still provide the back pressure needed to stabilize everything. Lowes carries a reasonable selection of o-rings, so if you know the rough inner diameter of the o-ring that you need, you can get one that is close at Lowes. It doesn't have to be the perfect size since the o-ring stretches a bit.

Okay, I prematurely thought the wobbling plate was a problem. Once you tighten the bolts , there's not wobble. But the G&P receivers are a bit more slim so the the rail twist side to side with enough toruqe. Also where are the small plastic washers suppose to go?

Alright. Was your G&P body too slim for the back plate?

Like there was some space for the little nubs on the plate to move side to side? Mine did have that problem, though I just torqued down the 6 hex nuts pretty tight (don't strip em) and haven't had any wobble.

Were you able to use the included barrel nut from Madbull with your G&P receiver? Since supposedly the threading shouldn't work, but the one Madbull rail I had did thread on just fine, and it seems yours did too.

Edited by gorbasho

Like there was some space for the little nubs on the plate to move side to side? Mine did have that problem, though I just torqued down the 6 hex nuts pretty tight (don't strip em) and haven't had any wobble.

Were you able to use the included barrel nut from Madbull with your G&P receiver? Since supposedly the threading shouldn't work, but the one Madbull rail I had did thread on just fine, and it seems yours did too.

I bought my body used and I am not sure if it has been re-threaded. From what I heard the thread pitch is so close that it can just break in. Do you think blue loctite would help with the bolts?

I bought my body used and I am not sure if it has been re-threaded. From what I heard the thread pitch is so close that it can just break in. Do you think blue loctite would help with the bolts?

Not sure, loctite just helps keep screws from loosening, so if it still wobbles even when they're tightened then I don't think it would do anything.

Nope... They for sure are not close enough to "break in".. I have spent enough time trying to say that confidently.

Madbull makes a die specifically for this.

Nope... They for sure are not close enough to "break in".. I have spent enough time trying to say that confidently.

Madbull makes a die specifically for this.

I read numerous threads and I heard of people actually just bypassing the whole re-threading thing.

I put a Madbull PWS Mk110 on my G&P Body. Magpul Vltor-MUR, I believe was the body type.

Had a $%#$% of a time getting the rail on, but I cranked it back and forth till it went on nicely. I believe the problem lies in the thickness of the paint. Once that is scratched off, it GTG.