Sign in to follow this  
kwabobmiser

something different

ive been playing airsoft for about 2 years now im looking for a real gun but there are so many out there maybe you guys can help me find what im looking for.

here is my wish list:

long range aeg

very high trigger response

upgradable

id prefer the use of m4 mags as thats what I already have but is not needed

Sounds like you want a DMR or sorts.

You could just use an M16. Most people use an M4 style, so an M16 is not as common. It also has the advantage of a longer barrel, so it's well suited for long range.

KWA makes an SR10, basically an elongated M4.

If you want to detract from the STANAG mags, you could go for an M14. Not many users, and has many customizable parts.

Guest alberty

Try Googling to see what brands are out there for the M14 and M16 variants. It would take too long to give you a full-blown side-by-side comparison of every brand and model out there. Then, ask us about some certain models to help narrow down your choices and help us give you advice that's not generic and vague.

ive been playing airsoft for about 2 years now im looking for a real gun but there are so many out there maybe you guys can help me find what im looking for.

here is my wish list:

long range aeg

very high trigger response

upgradable

id prefer the use of m4 mags as thats what I already have but is not needed

there are several choices out there.

As you said you wanted something different, I would not go for the M16, as they are a longer variant of the M4

as it is long range, you could probably go for a M14, SR25, or a SCAR-H. these all use NATO7.62 mags

If you want something really different, I would go for a SL8 by ares (G36 platform DMR)

hope this helps.

I would not go for the M16, as they are a longer variant of the M4

Actually the M4A1 Carbine is a variant of the M16, which came out before in Vietnam era, after the AR-10 was created. So actually, the M4 is a short version of the M16, with a collapsible stock.

Also, an SL8 is a civilian model of a G36.

ANYWAY. I would get a G&P M16, like what Guges has. They are darn good. And you can use STANAG mags for it if you have some already.

Actually the M4A1 Carbine is a variant of the M16, which came out before in Vietnam era, after the AR-10 was created. So actually, the M4 is a short version of the M16, with a collapsible stock.

Also, an SL8 is a civilian model of a G36.

ANYWAY. I would get a G&P M16, like what Guges has. They are darn good. And you can use STANAG mags for it if you have some already.

on that note how upgradable are g&p? I would be building it to dmr

on that note how upgradable are g&p? I would be building it to dmr

Out of the box? You don't really need to upgrade them :a-laugh:

For a DMR, I would get a tightbore, better hop-up, and a heavier spring though, and if I'm correct G&P takes standard V2 parts. I may be wrong though, never taken one apart.

Guest alberty
Out of the box? You don't really need to upgrade them :a-laugh:

For a DMR, I would get a tightbore, better hop-up, and a heavier spring though, and if I'm correct G&P takes standard V2 parts. I may be wrong though, never taken one apart.

If it's a G&P M4 variant, it'll just be yet another V2 gearbox, compatible with pretty much anything. What you do need to watch out for is externals, as the threading on the upper receiver for front assemblies is slightly different than standard TM-spec. Check out verisimilitude's signature to read about that.

For a proper DMR build, you'll want to also think about sorbo padding and AOE correction in addition to the more-crucial accuracy upgrades.

If it's a G&P M4 variant, it'll just be yet another V2 gearbox, compatible with pretty much anything. What you do need to watch out for is externals, as the threading on the upper receiver for front assemblies is slightly different than standard TM-spec. Check out verisimilitude's signature to read about that.

For a proper DMR build, you'll want to also think about sorbo padding and AOE correction in addition to the more-crucial accuracy upgrades.

Hmmm... I knew there was SOMETHING different. It's the threading. I actually read about it, must not have paid attention.

But that would definitely be good, with that it would be a smexy DMR.

Guest alberty
I only hear good things about Classic Army.

Classic Army Sportline AEGs aren't that spectacular. Also, I've heard tendencies of the receivers kind of warping or being off-spec over time on M4s.

Not sure about the FAL though, haven't heard a huge amount of about them. For FALs there's also King Arms, G&G, and A&K (rebranded by Echo 1) to look at.

Edited by alberty

Classic Army Sportline AEGs aren't that spectacular. Also, I've heard tendencies of the receivers kind of warping or being off-spec over time on M4s.

Not sure about the FAL though, haven't heard a huge amount of about them. For FALs there's also King Arms, G&G, and A&K (rebranded by Echo 1) to look at.

According to Airsoft GI, Lancer Tactical makes them now too.

I'd take a KingArms over a Classic Army. Performance-wise they're both NOT BAD (from my experience of both manufacturers), but they need attention. Definitely KA does better than CA does with attention to detail. This is my OPINION, though and take it with a grain of salt since I haven't owned a FAL or any of it's cousins. I've watched a bunch of reviews on them though (thought about a DMR for it) and magazines won't be pleasant to deal with since they're obviously unique.. and you also have some wobble issues and questionable plastic issues on both manufacturers IIRC.

Edited by Dave@PBO