to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
RespectedWilly

A&K SR 25 upgardes with CA reinforced gearbox

I am gonna upgrade my A&K sr 25 to a DMR. I am still wondering about its gearbox. Some person in this forum said it is a clone version of Classic Army. so can the CA reinforce gearbox fits exactly in the A&K sr 25 without modification? Is there anyone here try to do this?

If anyone has tried it and know please tell me or give me any recomendation. I am really appreciated any of your helps.

Edited by RespectedWilly

Just make sure the A&K has the longer gearbox. If you don't know, take a picture up the mag well and post it on here.

My a&k sr 25 is a long gearbox 2.5 like the classic army with longer cylinder. I am pretty sure of it but don't know whether the classic army gearbox will fit the body or not. Thanks for your reply.

:a-laugh:

Finally I have upgraded my a&k sr 25 with guarder sp 160. I have replaced the stock gearset to shs x-mod gear set for sr 25, a matrix aluminium piston with 19 steel teeth. It works perfectly. Now my gun is shooting nearly 570 fps with .2 bb

A&K is clone of G&P.

Tho both A&K and CA uses the V2.5 GB.

That Matrix Aluminum piston is crap if not :pain:, just FYI.

The matrix aluminium piston works perfectly in my gearbox. Its the strongest piston in the market and I don't know why you said it is a crap.

The matrix aluminium piston works perfectly in my gearbox. Its the strongest piston in the market and I don't know why you said it is a crap.

And its heavy which means premature wear and additional stress on the pick up teeth on the piston and sector gear. It also means additional stress on the V2 gearbox which increases your chance of cracking it.

I am using this piston in my SR25.

http://airsofthelper.com/det.php?id=544

I recommend it.

Previously, I was using a 45$ Systema Aluminium Piston but it failed....

This time...Full metal rack yo :)

I am using this piston in my SR25.

http://airsofthelper.com/det.php?id=544

I recommend it.

Previously, I was using a 45$ Systema Aluminium Piston but it failed....

This time...Full metal rack yo :)

Yep, SHS Piston FTW.

570FPS, more than 10k rounds through, still like new.

Yep, SHS Piston FTW.

570FPS, more than 10k rounds through, still like new.

You have good taste sir :P

Very upset becuase I lost 3 gear set in 2 days. The first gear set is shs-mod for SR25 (which is only exclusive in airsoftmegastore), the second one is classic army helical super torque up, and the last one is the original a&k gearset. All the cause maybe due to the :censored2: matrix aluminium piston 19 steel teeth ... :censored2: it holy crap piston :(((((((

And its heavy which means premature wear and additional stress on the pick up teeth on the piston and sector gear. It also means additional stress on the V2 gearbox which increases your chance of cracking it.

Huhu :(((( I am crying now. Everything U said about the matrix aluminium piston is correct. I lost 3 gearset due to this :censored2: holy crap matrix aluminium piston. :((((( huhu

Very upset becuase I lost 3 gear set in 2 days. The first gear set is shs-mod for SR25 (which is only exclusive in airsoftmegastore), the second one is classic army helical super torque up, and the last one is the original a&k gearset. All the cause maybe due to the :censored2: matrix aluminium piston 19 steel teeth ... :censored2: it holy crap piston :(((((((

All I say is the matrix aluminium piston is holy crap ... It tears down all 3 gearsets:((((((

Edited by airborne101

No need to triple post about it.

Did you correct Angle of Engagement? Did you ensure that the piston moves freely in the guide rails? The Matrix piston wont destroy gears by themselves if you tune it right, but as you have found out, it isn't forgiving.

No need to triple post about it.

Did you correct Angle of Engagement? Did you ensure that the piston moves freely in the guide rails? The Matrix piston wont destroy gears by themselves if you tune it right, but as you have found out, it isn't forgiving.

Or pre-engagement.