to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
SecondWind

SecondWind's Loudouts

My load outs/equipment that I wear and use are put together mainly for airsoft playing purposes.

I go more for fit and function that is tailored for what I like than a specific look or impression although I have nothing against those that do.

Equipment list:

-HSGI Woosatch E in ATACS AU

-HSGI shoulder pads in Coyote Brown

-HSGI cummerbund in Khaki

-ATS horizontal utility in MC

-Flyye Yote in Khaki/tan

-Condor dumper in tan

-Fake gunclip for lefties purchased from ebay or ehobby

-HSS/J tech triple magazine pouch

-Esstac double pistol KYWI pouch

003xpl.jpg

001phk.jpg

002jjf.jpg

Typically I run my G code holster instead of the fake gunclip but I wanted to give it a whirl. Not pictured are my radio and thunder B setups but nothing too special about those. HSGI tacos will replace the primary mag pouches and I will update when they come in!

I set this rig up as a platform where I can put all of my equipment needed for up to a long day game in one rig. As this is set up for airsoft, I have no qualms with putting all my eggs in one basket as I will never ditch the rig whilst playing. There is huge value in not having stuff on your thighs and waist while out in the hills or simply playing a multi hour game/event.

The front shoulder buckles and those of the cummerbund allow me to don and doff the rig quickly so I can put my batteries, loaders, bbs, etc on my back and still access them quickly without distracting my buddies.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions are welcome! My gear is always changing and while I think I've settled on a keeper after 5+ years of playing who knows what the future will bring in terms of gear and its setup.

Edited by SecondWind

I really like your setup. It's unfortunate that I am looking to do a whole new loadout, cuz now I want this all in Multicam. You're costing me money with you're cool crap.... haha

How do you like having pouches/stuff on your sides? I'm thinking I don't like it. Without them I can pull in tighter and it feels more streamlined, I guess. I don't know, I'm trying to decide on a new setup but don't know what to look at, but yours I like.

I really like your setup. It's unfortunate that I am looking to do a whole new loadout, cuz now I want this all in Multicam. You're costing me money with you're cool crap.... haha

How do you like having pouches/stuff on your sides? I'm thinking I don't like it. Without them I can pull in tighter and it feels more streamlined, I guess. I don't know, I'm trying to decide on a new setup but don't know what to look at, but yours I like.

Thanks man...I don't even want to think about the money and time I've spent chasing that gear dragon to get a setup I have absolutely no complaints about, besides maybe the off color gear.

I don't notice the stuff on my sides. It would seem like they would get in the way but I haven't found it to be the case. I'm sure it would vary for every player based on body size and personal preferences and such. I know a lot of players keep their sides slick so they can access their pistol without hindrances but that isn't an issue with my setup since the pistol is up front.

What type of setup were you looking for?

I'm not entirely sure; something low drag and not bulky. I want enough room for a days worth of stuff, but no separate backpack, everthing on the vest. I was thinking a smaller plate carrier and a battle belt. I still don't know what I want, I'm still rocking my forst vest so I don't have any experience with gear.

I see. PC + battle belt is a common set up so you are bound to find lots of player feedback and tips regarding that type of set up. I had that type of setup previously before settling on my 'satch series of rigs. I found that it worked fine until hills and lots of inclines were involved but then again many players have multiple load outs depending on the AO and duration not to mention personal preferences.

I'm confident you'll be able to strike up conversations with fellow players at the field and hopefully get to try on and play with different gear to see how things shake out. I learned tons by trying out teammates' gear and seeing how they ran things and adapting ideas for my own needs.

Here is a small update on my rig:

001wnu.jpg

HSGI X2R taco in ATACS

Tactical Tailor fight light double M4 mag pouch in ATACS

Tactical Tailor Removable Operator Pack

G code XST RTI holster

black TQ pouch, sized for CAT

Definitely love HSGI tacos and will be getting two more. Black TQ pouch actually holds things like red rags or similarly sized items.

XST will be replaced by OSH holster and a G19/23 style gbb pistol. I'm thinking I'll upload a picture someday of my gear + everything I carry for a given game/event.

Edited by SecondWind

Why do you like the tacos? I see everyone raving over them and I don't seed what's so amazing, I've never used one though.

How do you like that pack as well? I for some reason want a larger pack on the back of my vest and I like the look of that one.

I like the HSGI tacos for the same reasons as everyone else who likes them. It's nice to have a pouch that offers quick and easy access to mags while still having good retention. Being able to fit multiple types of magazines is a plus, as is being able to quickly reinsert mags so you can bump mags around easily.

I've done fine for years without tacos but my reloads are much quicker hands down now that I run them. There are other options out there, but the tacos can fit the widest variety of stuff that I know of, not that I am all knowing.

The TT removable operator pack is nice but expect some flopping and noise if you stuff it with lots of smaller items. I fixed that by putting all my small items into a bag that I rolled up and cinched down with bungee so it's not a biggie if you take a few extra steps to manage your gear. I use it for day hikes as well and would definitely buy another.

As I said earlier, you're costing me money! Haha

Any chance of you getting pics of the loadout on you? The pillow is nice and all, but it ain't got no arms or legs...

edit: Just looked at a chest rig I kind of like, but it doesn't have a molle back, just the straps. Do you know of anything to replace the straps with molle or something? I've ran my CIRAS and backpack together a few times but it gets rather uncomfortable so I want to try pack and vest as one if possible. Ugh there's just too many options out there.

Sorry I'm kind of jacking your thread.

Edited by Amorton94

I'll upload some pics soon. Waiting on some of that sweet ATACS FG to come in.

Some brands make hydration carriers that directly attach to chest rig harnesses. If it has an H harness chances are good there is a hydration carrier out there that can fit it. I have an LBT 1961A that is rigged up with their hydration carrier for a simple all in one rig when I'm not running my pistol, and ATS makes a hydration carrier for their H harness although it will fit other brands' of H harness as well as long as the bar strap is the right dimensions.

no worries on the threadjacking, bumping around ideas benefits everyone in some way or another.

Here are some of my older set ups and an in game picture from early 2011 I believe.

img20111025135125.jpg

Eagle Assault Plate Carrier in coyote brown

Mayflower triple M4 magazine insert

Blue Force Gear 10 speed triple M4 magazine pouch

double pistol mag pouch

A late 2011 set up I ran it with a battle belt for a little while. No complaints about comfort and quality etc but ultimately went in another direction.

18956210150106247380869.jpg

J-tech CP6

Condor dumper

An early 2011 set up that I had been running since early 2010 or so. I don't exactly remember.

The rig was actually under the HSS label and so had a different name but largely the same, except that mine had a tan body and OD MOLLE which was how it was made at the time. Basically a 'satch style layout except for the side SAW pouches and 4 mag slots sized for 3 M4/2 AK/2 308 sized mags.

imag0193e.jpg

Protech alpha half shell with ESS profile turbofans w/Rx insert

some face wrap

Original SOE PALS chest rig

A bunch of TT fight light M4 mag pouches

An early 2012 picture. It was a cold day, and I had mouth guards in case someone points out that I frequently discourage using only a wrap as teeth protection. My helmet has since been painted so I will upload that soon.

Edited by SecondWind

Pictures from recent events:

photo1cxy.jpg

editpreviewyp.jpg

-Protech Alpha half shell helmet painted with OD and tan

-drifire hot weather balaclava

-North Face athletic T shirt in dark green and black

-UR tactical's integrated battle pants 3D in ATACS FG

This was the first occasion I had to run my rig (detailed way above) for 4+ hours straight. Overall I'm pretty happy with my set up and loving the HSGI shoulder pads so much that I will be running them with my other rigs when possible. Pants ran awesome and I am very glad I picked up them.

Not wearing a long sleeve top was a compromise as it was a warm day and I didn't want to risk the heat buildup. The trade off was getting sunburned (easily fixable by reapplying sunblock throughout the day) and getting scratched by thorns and such.

I took out my old Wasatch and made some modifications to see if what I had in mind would run well.

This is the "next step" in my idea of putting together a rig that can hold everything from mags, water, pistol, dumper, etc specifically for airsoft use in challenging environments and circumstances.

87g.jpg

xpry.jpg

vqks.jpg

szfy.jpg

The mag slots have Esstac DBL KYWIs in them and the bungees give it a little more retention. Draw speed and ease is what would be expected of bungees but reinsertion is a lot easier given the rigidity of the inserts. The holster is held in via adhesive backed velcro.

All the stuff I posted up was for M4 style mags but I run AKs too. So here is one loadout that I have lying around for use:

xrd4.jpg

ATS hydration carrier in the back that attaches directly onto the H harness. Works for other brands of H harnesses as well. Closes via velcro and snap buttons.

With my current playing situation I don't really use radios or a secondary so that is that.

CYMA AK100 series. All stock but I am planning to check the gb for any issues to address as well as dropping in some third party hop stuff to make it shoot better.

Edited by SecondWind

New goodies:

lb.JPG

5.11 tac tec plate carrier in OD

Blue Force Gear 10 speed triple M4

TT fight light M4 pouch for spare mag/loader/radio/etc

ATS horizontal utility pouch

Awesome PC.

It is missing a pouch for radio/etc as well as pistol mag pouches. Hydration carrier on the back and it's complete for any short-medium duration event on relatively flat terrain. If I need more magazines I can always replace the 10 speeds with regular pouches or X2R tacos.

I held off as long as I could but it kept calling me.

idjz.jpg

xvfy.jpg

HSP D3 chest rig in CB

Tactical Tailor Removable Operator Pack

No extra hardware required to clip the rig onto the pack and doing so cuts back on extra shoulder straps. As set up it can hold all the equipment I tend to use a lot of the time in a reasonably non-bulky and light package.

I'm planning on integrating the rig onto a pc but I have yet decided which one so far.

Edited by SecondWind

How has that 5.11 vest been? I was thinking about getting a 6094, but that looks pretty good.

It's a great PC with features I really like. The quick release and drag handle are great. Very comfortable with the shoulder design and mesh on the body side for airflow.

The only drawback for me is that it's sized to take up to a large plate where as I wear a medium plate, so it would be cool if 5.11 made smaller ones sized specifically for medium plates but whatever.

Only time will tell with other users out there if the 5.11 PC is as durable.

Would you recommend this or a 6094?

I haven't used my 5.11 enough to say much. You'd have to ask someone who uses it for work or something like that.

I am selling it though since I'm a shorter guy and it's a tad too big for my use.

What I like about the LBT 6094 is that it's available in several sizes depending on the plate and that it's made in the USA.

There are a ton of good options out there and it ultimately depends on your needs since my criteria may be different from others'.

Yeah. I'm 14, 5'3" ish, so I probably won't be getting the 5.11. But the LBT 6094 is just way out of my budget. I was thinking a lower brand.

If your budget is around $100-150 you might consider PCs like the SKD Brigandine or Ares Armor Aspis. I'm confident you'll find the product that is right for you.

How do you like the UR Tactical pants? I was thinking about getting a pair but have never known anyone who had them.

They're solid. The workmanship is there and they use the actual material. Layout and features are simple and happen to be how I like it.

The only thing I don't like is the button fly but that's not a big deal.

haha please note that I won't take responsibility if you end up not liking them.

But I'm pretty sure they would do you right.

Lol, no, I was planning on getting a pair anyways, just wanted some firsthand experience. Did you buy them directly from the UR tactical site or a reseller? I haven't been able to find a reseller in the states, so I'm assuming my only option is overseas.

Lol, no, I was planning on getting a pair anyways, just wanted some firsthand experience. Did you buy them directly from the UR tactical site or a reseller? I haven't been able to find a reseller in the states, so I'm assuming my only option is overseas.

I got it direct from them. They have an ebay page I think but it might not have what you're looking for.

When I get my weekends back I will be rocking my FG pants by them for some much needed game time.

I might get in touch with them for other patterns too; especially regular atacs and maybe old school woodland in the future

I got it direct from them. They have an ebay page I think but it might not have what you're looking for.

When I get my weekends back I will be rocking my FG pants by them for some much needed game time.

I might get in touch with them for other patterns too; especially regular atacs and maybe old school woodland in the future

One last question. As far as fit goes, are they more of the American Sizes or Asian sizes? I know Emerson pants are usually smaller than they are advertised and I have to buy a size bigger, are the UR pants the same way?

One last question. As far as fit goes, are they more of the American Sizes or Asian sizes? I know Emerson pants are usually smaller than they are advertised and I have to buy a size bigger, are the UR pants the same way?

http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/compo...category_id/118

At the bottom of the page they list the measurements in inches and for me and my buddies it was spot on like buying jeans at the mall. I hope that helps.

http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/compo...category_id/118

At the bottom of the page they list the measurements in inches and for me and my buddies it was spot on like buying jeans at the mall. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the help, I'll be ordering a pair in aor1 this weekend.

j266.jpg

After selling a ton of stuff I never used I decided on the SKD Brig PC. I like that it is very bare-bones yet can be scaled up.

-SKD Brig PC

-SKD Brig 4-mag chest rig

-SKD Brig MOLLE cummerbund cover

I plan on adding my HSGI shoulder pads, SKD airflow pads, and either a 50 or 70 ounce hydration carrier and bladder. When more gear is needed I am running a battle belt.

Kydex retention is king.

Edited by SecondWind

After selling a ton of stuff I never used I decided on the SKD Brig PC. I like that it is very bare-bones yet can be scaled up.

-SKD Brig PC

-SKD Brig 4-mag chest rig

-SKD Brig MOLLE cummerbund cover

I plan on adding my HSGI shoulder pads, SKD airflow pads, and either a 50 or 70 ounce hydration carrier and bladder. When more gear is needed I am running a battle belt.

Kydex retention is king.

Very nice! Gonna get the pontoons?

A new setup:

image_1.jpg

photo.jpg

image.jpg

Condor MOPC in tan

HSGI X2R Tacos in CB

Esstac double pistol KYWI

ATS gear horizontal utility

Grey Ghost Gear 2L/70 ounce hydration carrier with Source 2L bladder

-Ares Armor PC silencers are coming up next

-To be added someday are pouches/kydex to hold thunder Bs and a radio pouch for a UV5R

I haven't had the chance to run it yet but I'm sure it won't disappoint. MOPC for fun. I don't like the stock shoulder pads so I might use HSGI ones instead.

Another pro is that if I switch out the tacos to regular flapped/bungee mag pouches I am more "incognito" at most places and events I attend. I don't cheat or anything despicable like that but it's nice to simply blend with the crowd in more than a few ways.

It is actually pretty darn nice compared to older MOPCs with extra useful features and such. My little bungee mod as shown helps it ride much better with no sagging cummerbund that is so common with MOPCs.

When the Ares Armor PC silencers come in I'll be able to don/doff the rig in game without dealing with interference from my head gear so I can access items by myself when needed. That way I don't have to distract a buddy who may be doing overwatch/etc just to get my gear be it a battery of a loader during a lull.

Edited by SecondWind