Sign in to follow this  
Cryptkeeper

Aimpoint in the Carry Handle?

Well guys, started running an Aimpoint from Hawke on the top of my carry handle, this was due to the fact that my front sight may have a problem since every time I shoot, I see the bb coming out like this \ | . / instead of this \ I / ( been the . the bb )

So I bought the damn aimpoint cheap and got myself and adaptor to use the sight on the top of the carry handle. Do you guys use this setup? Any complains? Any advice?

running an aimpoint on top of the carrying handle is not a bad set up, especially if you use a full face mask. The problem is the large amount of space between the sight and the barrel. You want that to be as close as possible, while not interfering with your capability to aim.

If your BB isn't shooting straight with iron sights, then it won't shoot straight with an aimpoint. a RDS will not affect accuracy in any way, only the ease at which one can aim and acquire target.

With the aimpoint I managed to adjust it. So were the dot goes the bb goes there too. I don't know what is the problem with the front sight. When I'm aiming and I shoot, as the bb literaly appears in my sight I see that instead of been aligned with that tiny pointy thing on the front sight it's always on the right of it.

A lot of airsoft M4s and ARs have the front triangle sight come loose from firing or aren't built solid to begin with so your problem could be there. As to the setup, it's pretty much your only option for fixed carry handle receivers apart from sticking a goose neck adapter on it. Works, but you need to compensate for a lot more shooting at different distances with the bore made even farther from point of aim.

I'm a fan of scopes mounted on top of carry handles. It's a tad bulky, but it's definitely easier and faster to aim when wearing large goggles or masks/helmets etc.

As for your issue with the front sight, I'd say check to be sure that it's 100% straight, as they can easily get knocked to the side on some rifles.