to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
lucros

Good G36?

Outdoor... That means... Just about any G36. I would get a JG with a budget like that, they are pretty good assuming you get a nice model. Some of the newer ones suck.

http://www.airsplat.com/items/ERM-JG-G36K-938.htm

http://www.airsplat.com/items/ERM-JG-G36K-738.htm

Im not jokeing. The JG G36 platform is a great reliable gun. I currently own the long one and have to say that they are great guns. I have used guns from a combat machine to the ics galil and I have to say that this gun can roll with the best. It may not have a crazy fire rate or shoot above 400 fps but I can say that its great for the price. You would expect a $150 gun to be God aweful but surprisingly its not. It is easy to disassemble, it is extremely low maintenance, and its easy to upgrade at that. The only and I mean only complaint I have with it is that the inner barrel dosent reach the end of the outer barrel unles you get a g36c. But on that barrel upgrades are extremly easy so why not replace it with a better longer one? Get a 400 or so mm barrel if you get the g36k or get a 500 or so mm barrel if you get the long version. All in all that is the only guns flaw. As soon as I opened the box on mine I had a new barrel ( that I bought separatly ) installed into the gun in under 30 minutes! And I had no prior experience with internals at all! So if your willing to spend an extra 30 or so dollars extra for an inner barrel this gun is great! Everything else you need is in the box with the gun except for a large quantity of bbs. But I would recomend a smart charger and a 9.6v battery. But thats not required. I hope this help you make a decesion. If you want to know more about the gun like the effective range or the guns mobility, feel free to message me. But if your not interested in a JG I can understand. Just don't wait untill their discontinued from airsplat to get one if you are interested.

Karnage

You can get a used Marui G36 on Ebay for 125-150 if you don't mind the low fps. The rate of fire/trigger response, accuracy, consistency, would be better than a JG. Not to mention it would prolly last twice as long. That is, only if you're not going to upgrade it. If you want upgrades, get the JG. The JG also has a stronger body than the Marui.

I've handled both the JG G36K version and the Ares/S&T Umarex H&K G36KV. For outdoor (also usually referred to as FIELD. Inside is usually called CQB or CQC), I would suggest the 'K' version over the 'C' version. They usually have less emphasis on rails (usually used more in CQB) and more emphasis on scopes and bi-pod compatibility (usually seen more in the field). In terms of price, the JG is definitely the way to go. Great gun, and the externals are nearly as good as the Umarex version. BUT, the Umarex version comes with the realistic markings (which are very cool), its own individual serial number, and (most importantly) A really good ONE YEAR WARRANTY (almost unheard of for airsoft rifles). Ive dealt with the warranty service system, It has been efficient and timely in my experience. Also, the KWA H&K G36C is also an option, but if you're looking for more range than ROF than you might find yourself putting some money into parts to get it to fire as far and accurate as the Umarex G36KV. Also, the KWA can cost a good bit more. Oh, and the Umarex comes with an included 3x scope which is lovely and integrated into the handle. Plus a spring detensioner and electric blowback (which I recommended disengaging). For $220, shipped on Evike.com, I think its the obvious best choice.

I've handled both the JG G36K version and the Ares/S&T Umarex H&K G36KV. For outdoor (also usually referred to as FIELD. Inside is usually called CQB or CQC), I would suggest the 'K' version over the 'C' version. They usually have less emphasis on rails (usually used more in CQB) and more emphasis on scopes and bi-pod compatibility (usually seen more in the field). In terms of price, the JG is definitely the way to go. Great gun, and the externals are nearly as good as the Umarex version. BUT, the Umarex version comes with the realistic markings (which are very cool), its own individual serial number, and (most importantly) A really good ONE YEAR WARRANTY (almost unheard of for airsoft rifles). Ive dealt with the warranty service system, It has been efficient and timely in my experience. Also, the KWA H&K G36C is also an option, but if you're looking for more range than ROF than you might find yourself putting some money into parts to get it to fire as far and accurate as the Umarex G36KV. Also, the KWA can cost a good bit more. Oh, and the Umarex comes with an included 3x scope which is lovely and integrated into the handle. Plus a spring detensioner and electric blowback (which I recommended disengaging). For $220, shipped on Evike.com, I think its the obvious best choice.

I have to disagree with you there. I've owned 4 JG G36s, and JG stomps Umarex. The internals are far better on them and externals feel better to me. But PP, there's not full trades or a warranty!! I could care less. You don't need a warranty that extends any farther than the one the online retailer gives you because it's not going to break unless it comes broken, in which case the retailer should offer a refund or exchange. The blowback is also a joke. It's just another part that can break or get in the way if upgrading the gearbox which would be a must for me to own a Umarex. What about the scope you say? They're bad. Well I shouldn't say that, I should say that they are impossible to use if wearing full seal goggles. Target acquisition takes way to long, and you have to actually press your goggles lens to the scope to see. I replaced mine with 'C' carry handles. I've treated my JGs like crap, and they've all held up great. I've only had one lock up due to a bad shim job. Had it redone, and it works great. And as far as price goes, JG G36s frequently pop up on Craigslist gently used for quite cheap. I paid $80 for a 'C' that was practically new and $90 for a 'K' that was practically new.

So I guess the choice is yours in the end.

Personally, I wouldn't pay over $80 more just for trademarks and an inferior product. I'm very biased, but that's what I think and comes from my experience with them.

PP

Guest alberty
Personally, I wouldn't pay over $80 more just for trademarks and an inferior product. I'm very biased, but that's what I think and comes from my experience with them.

I agree, as paying more for less is due to the licensing restrictions for Umarex to get more money. They don't care as much about what the consumer is getting, they picked the OEM and make US retailers stop carrying any other brands.