ehsan96696

What gun is this?

Hey guys! So I bought a used supposedly Knights Armament SR16. Problem is, I don't see the logo on it or anything. Could you help me verify?

That's the logo, in the last picture. Knight's Armory, SR16. Yep. It is. One. Very nice weapons indeed. Don't forget to use high quality BB's in that thing, If your new to airsoft. Like Golden ball quality. No matter how much those crops and say "polished" they're not.

That's the logo, in the last picture. Knight's Armory, SR16. Yep. It is. One. Very nice weapons indeed. Don't forget to use high quality BB's in that thing, If your new to airsoft. Like Golden ball quality. No matter how much those crops and say "polished" they're not.

Isnt there usually a shield on the side with their logo?

What do you know about the seller of the gun? Not to be bubble burster, but this could be a mix of a bunch of different guns. Parts (like that RIS guard) can be swapped out.

Keep in mind that Knights Armament is a real steel manufacter, and that many companies, such as TM and VFC and other aftermarket companies make guns and parts with with Knights Armament trademarks on it.

It looks like a KAC SR-16.

That's the model.

But the point is, who made it? Is it original? Or does it have a bunch of different parts inside?

Did the seller specify a manufacturer (an airsoft brand)?

Have you taken it apart?

It does look as if something went on, on the flat area on the lower receiver above the magazine, where brand insignias are usually located.

Guest alberty
Ok as long as you are sure. I don't want to be stuck with a fake.

When he said it's literally impossible to swap RIS guards, he meant the opposite. Rail covers can attach to pretty much any rails so having trademarks on a rail cover on a gun doesn't mean that gun is of that brand necessarily. For example, a Ford truck with just a Chevy logo on it is still actually Ford truck.

Im sorry but can I get one more confirmation that this is a 100% legitimate gun?

More importantly, KAC itself does not produce the airsoft replicas, so these KAC trademarks alone won't tell you much about which airsoft company produces that gun.

Additionally, if you got it used, you can't be 100% sure if it's stock from one brand. Because of the nature of customization, it is always possible that the internals and/or externals have been changed around if you bought it used. Like verisimilitude said, did the seller you buy from give any more details about this replica? It does look like it probably hasn't been changed internally or externally, but you never know.

The early posters need to post from experience. One rail cover does not make it a "authentic". If I stick that rail cover on a MP5 RAS does that make it a Knights MP5?

You have a low grade mutt M4.

It's not a G&P, VFC or TM. It's most likely a SRC/A&K/J&G mutt.

When he said it's literally impossible to swap RIS guards, he meant the opposite. Rail covers can attach to pretty much any rails so having trademarks on a rail cover on a gun doesn't mean that gun is of that brand necessarily. For example, a Ford truck with just a Chevy logo on it is still actually Ford truck.

More importantly, KAC itself does not produce the airsoft replicas, so these KAC trademarks alone won't tell you much about which airsoft company produces that gun.

Additionally, if you got it used, you can't be 100% sure if it's stock from one brand. Because of the nature of customization, it is always possible that the internals and/or externals have been changed around if you bought it used. Like verisimilitude said, did the seller you buy from give any more details about this replica? It does look like it probably hasn't been changed internally or externally, but you never know.

The seller said that is the way he got the gun. Said that he thought it was a knights gun.

Guest alberty
The seller said that is the way he got the gun. Said that he thought it was a knights gun.

Well then, he it sounds like he didn't know anything about airsoft brands either.

The only thing I could say next is to look at the internals, like the motor and the gearbox. You can look at the motor by unscrewing the baseplate of the pistol grip. You can also look at the gearbox shell partially by opening/splitting the receivers. Those can give hints as to what brand of gearbox is inside.

Again, you probably have a good chance that the gun is stock and is of one brand, but on the other hand you could be unlucky and have something totally "Frankenstein"-built.

The early posters need to post from experience. One rail cover does not make it a "authentic". If I stick that rail cover on a MP5 RAS does that make it a Knights MP5?

You have a low grade mutt M4.

It's not a G&P, VFC or TM. It's most likely a SRC/A&K/J&G mutt.

+1

No airsoft replica is produced directly by Knights. Your friend meant that it is a Knights -"STYLE" rifle. With TM, they will have a "yellow" knights shield insignia like some of the real KAC models had from early 2000 and on. Also, marui guns are really obvious with their trademarks "made in japan" on the opposite side of the receiver. VFC will have the engraved deep insignia representative of some of the current KAC models in production of the recent years, very similar to the real steel KAC sr15 I own. Never owned a G&P knights. Clones will have typically what you see here from those pictures with lack of well thought out trademarks.

Only official airsoft affiliation I can think of with knights is the KAC licensed ARES stoner LMG

yeah, because it is literally impossible to swap RIS guards.

Whats a R hop up? and 300 ft damn what fps are u running? I have a G&G raider XL with a exstended tight bore, 135 sprin, high flow cylinder head and air nozle and I don't think u would know if u got hit by mine at 300ft lol

Guest alberty
Whats a R hop up? and 300 ft damn what fps are u running? I have a G&G raider XL with a exstended tight bore, 135 sprin, high flow cylinder head and air nozle and I don't think u would know if u got hit by mine at 300ft lol

Check out existing threads about the R-hop, it's a custom hop-up installation developed by hunterseeker5. It's not just FPS but it's hop that contributes to your gun's max effective range.

Feeling a hit at that range is something else, that depends where the person got hit.

Edited by alberty

It is nice, shoots fast and at about 380fps. As I said though, Ill get it checked.

Nice, good to know. Deffinatly put some nice optics on that thing, and maybe a Magpul AFG-2 or 1 angled Foregrip. Or a regular one, it's whatever you want,

Check out existing threads about the R-hop, it's a custom hop-up installation developed by hunterseeker5. It's just FPS but it's hop that contributes to your gun's max effective range.

Feeling a hit at that range is something else, that depends where the person got hit.

I been looking for ever for this myithical R hop up I been hearing about and no luck please post a link

Guest alberty

Sorry I made a typo in my last post. I meant to write it's NOT just FPS that contributes to your max effective range but more about the hop.

Guest alberty

Just look in the Upgrades section on the forum...

If you still cannot find it, don't worry about it. Just go out and play.

For every huh? Did you try Google? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=R-hop+airsoft

ok well what felt like for ever, I mean I been playing for like 3 years n never herd of this. I MUST GET IT befor the rest of the field I play at finds out about it ;D. I will deff be advertising it tho this weekend. I cant believe no one around here knows of this lol!