Sign in to follow this  
RedRaptor

Cyma M14 EBR?

Hello all!

Ok so I have been looking around for ANOTHER AEG, but I want to stick with the DMR "Look". Ive always had my eyes on an EBR platform, but dropping almost 500 bucks on a gun (G&G or CA) just never really settled well with me. But I have been keeping my eye on this new Cyma Mk14 MOD 0. Seems like a decent platform to work on and right within a REASONABLE price range. But I havn't had the opportunity to really play with one. So what's it like? Great gun for the price or worth dropping an additional 150+ on the G&G/CA? Or should I just be looking elseware?

I plan on doing SOME work to make it a competent medium to long range rifle, but im still a little wary of cracking open the gear box. And from what Ive heard M14's/version 7 gearboxes can be a bit of a pain to deal with. I plan on absolutley changing out the barrel, bucking, nub and other easier fixes, its the deep internals that im not so fancy with.

Guest alberty
Hello all!

Ok so I have been looking around for ANOTHER AEG, but I want to stick with the DMR "Look". Ive always had my eyes on an EBR platform, but dropping almost 500 bucks on a gun (G&G or CA) just never really settled well with me. But I have been keeping my eye on this new Cyma Mk14 MOD 0. Seems like a decent platform to work on and right within a REASONABLE price range. But I havn't had the opportunity to really play with one. So what's it like? Great gun for the price or worth dropping an additional 150+ on the G&G/CA? Or should I just be looking elseware?

I plan on doing SOME work to make it a competent medium to long range rifle, but im still a little wary of cracking open the gear box. And from what Ive heard M14's/version 7 gearboxes can be a bit of a pain to deal with. I plan on absolutley changing out the barrel, bucking, nub and other easier fixes, its the deep internals that im not so fancy with.

It probably would be nice to go for the existing G&G/CA, but if you can tune your gearbox well then I think the new CYMA release would be a fine budget option.

You said you didn't want to really go into the gearbox, but that's definitely something you will want to tune. You'll want to reshim your gears and check air seal/compression at the least. These will help your gun run more smoothly and shoot more consistently.

Hello all!

I've the CYMA M14 EBR for around a month now, fielding it twice. I have to say, I absolutely love the performance and 'look'. Here's my 2 cents:

Overall, it performs surprisingly well OOTB but as with any 'DMR' type builds, you're bound to upgrade it anyways. I think for the price point and the inevitability of aftermarket upgrades, the CYMA is a much more reasonable platform than the GG/CA.

Pros for a DMR-purposed build:

- Externals are solid and with a free floating barrel that is 'locked' into the frame, it minimizes vibration of the inner barrel for a more consistent shot.

- Gearbox internals are very acceptable (so long as you shim and regrease) and will definitely hold up well as you continue to upgrade.

- Solid and spacious rail space for you to customize your DMR to your comfort.

Cons:

- It's quite heavy, weighing in at around 11 lbs.

- Grip will most likely become wobbly with regular use.

- Stock is wobbly.

- Although an absolute PAIN IN THE :censored2: to take apart and get to the gearbox, you'll get the hang of it after doing it once.

As of now, I'm shooting a 4-7 inch groupings with my scope at ~100 feet with .25s, with MINIMAL strays. IMO, very consistent in power and accuracy considering I've barely upgraded my internals:

- M110 spring

- Magic Box cylinder head

- TM air nozzle

- H-hopup with Maple Leaf 70 degree bucking (this has done wonders for my range)

- Shimming and regrease, of course

Basically, get it.